Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 11-28-2015, 01:19 PM #1
PaintballofOKC

multi purpose speedball field good or bad idea ??

Looking at doing two fields which could be converted to and from rec to tourney depending upon the need. So the PSP field space doesn't go to waste when practice or tourneys are not going on??

example one field is 160ft wide by 240 long and the other is same width by 200ft long. During rec play the entire space is used but for speed ball / tournaments,, poles would be added to make the fields regulation size.

The temp. poles would go into a flush mounted pipe sleeve that is in the ground. Once the temp. poles and netting is installed there would be a 40ft wide area (down the middle) or 20ft each side for PITS and Scoring tent etc etc.

I sent an e-mail to PSP (3 weeks ago) asking if we could have wider netting than the 140x170' but got no answer. It would be nice to use 200' long vs 170' due to existing pole spacings.

IYO is this a good idea?

Advertisement
Old 11-28-2015, 01:49 PM #2
Tim@Kick'n
Kick'n Paintball Park

plays in the NXL
Looking at doing two fields which could be converted to and from rec to tourney depending upon the need. So the PSP field space doesn't go to waste when practice or tourneys are not going on??

example one field is 160ft wide by 240 long and the other is same width by 200ft long. During rec play the entire space is used but for speed ball / tournaments,, poles would be added to make the fields regulation size.

The temp. poles would go into a flush mounted pipe sleeve that is in the ground. Once the temp. poles and netting is installed there would be a 40ft wide area (down the middle) or 20ft each side for PITS and Scoring tent etc etc.

This doesnt sound safe. If the pipes that are flush in ground and on the rec field there is a chance for people to fall or land on them. Even if they are flush with the ground imagine what someone falling and sticking their barrel in them would be like. Put in permanent poles in and just have two fields.

I sent an e-mail to PSP (3 weeks ago) asking if we could have wider netting than the 140x170' but got no answer. It would be nice to use 200' long vs 170' due to existing pole spacings.

Well I don't know what the PSP would have to do with your netting size. Plus they are not around anymore anyway. Call Kpro and get whatever size of net you want. They custom make sizes.

--GI SPORTZ--EXALT--V FORCE--PLANET ECLIPSE--
--CJ's PAINTBALL PARK--COUSINS PAINTBALL DALLAS--
--COMANCHE BADLANDS--PRO EDGE PAINTBALL--
KICK'N PAINTBALL PARK
Tim@Kick'n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2015, 02:03 PM #3
GatSplat

has been a member for 10 years
I can help.

multi purpose speedball field good or bad idea ??

Paintball Field Reservation & Digital Waiver System.
3 Months Free! No set up fees! Then just $50 / month.
GatSplat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2015, 03:21 PM #4
PaintballofOKC

Well I don't know what the PSP would have to do with your netting size. Plus they are not around anymore anyway. Call Kpro and get whatever size of net you want. They custom make sizes.

what I mean by netting size is the field size not how tall the netting needs to be. I already have $15,000 of Kpro netting so got that covered.

Regulation size field is 120x150 with netting +10ft each side or 140x170ft

If I can run a longer field ie. 140ft x 200ft to use existing poles and netting.
---------
LOL larry thats why I want it multi purpose. There is only one field in the area addressing tourney players which is PCOC for the most part. I think to help grow the sport adding in some quality practice and playing fields could help.

We currently have 6 rec fields under construction +7 more rec fields for future expansion and 70+ acres of woodball area too. We won't be neglecting the birthday parties.

The blue lines are 12' netting and red is divider netting. Orange with light blue poles would be the removeable ones. The sleeves would be covered and only 2 3/8" steel poles so the foot print is small. We would also put bunkers over the spots when not in tourney mode. So safety would not be a concern but thanks for the input.