Community Focus

Old 09-13-2012, 11:16 AM #22
peacob

peacob owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
peacob supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by nerdcore View Post
Did you sell the dm5? Just curious.

I moved from a Gen E Matrix, to a ul'd DM5, DM6, and finally a DM7. I should have stopped at the DM5, it felt better than the later models, shot quieter, and i even miss the weight. Oh, and the DM6 does have eyes, just doesn't have the eyePIPE that debuted in the DM7 and onward.

But i digress. Enjoy the DM10, my fellow spoolie fan.

Side note - like NeverSurrender said, convert the Trilogy to pump, for those days in between paychecks when money for paint is scarce.
gotcha, when looking at the chart of matrix progression it showed red and "no" in terms of eyes so i thought they may have gone a different direction that year.

I havnt sold the dm5, it definitely shoots amazing. I can understand by the size of your hand, you may like it better... for me it was just too bulky. We'll see what i end up doing with my dm5. If i like my dm10 enough i may sell it, but then again, having a dm5 as a backup cant hurt either.

I do need to sell the two guns in my sig and i might be getting rid of my two Ions as well. But for what i'm seeing upped ions go for these days, it may be better to just keep them as backups for friends.
Old 09-17-2012, 06:53 PM #23
archerpb2013

archerpb2013 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
archerpb2013 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
archerpb2013 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
I don't see any reason to get anything more than the dm5. They are legit and they can keep up with today's guns. I kinda like the slightly heaver guns like that anyway, but that's IMO. Also buddy guns are always nice to have!
archerpb2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 07:36 PM #24
peacob

peacob owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
peacob supports DLX Technology
For me,
-weight was the number one reason for buying the DM10, i'm not sitting in the back of the field unloading pod after pod, i'm quick moving and having a gun with that weight and that tall of a body (top-heavy) was fine and i'm sure i could continue to play with it, but after playing with a few of my friends newer guns (etek 3...ect) i figured it was time to update and lighten things up a bit.
-Second reason was efficiency. DMs are clearly not the most efficient guns out there, but with a top-hat spacer and some adjustments it can pull off 7 pods plus a hopper full of paint out of a 68/45.
-Thirdly, i know this sounds a little picky, but i LOVE the heads-up display on my DM10.

That all being said, my fully upped ION is now left at home or lent out and my DM5 is my backup gun. Every now and then i pull out the old ION and give it a few rounds... people can hate all they want, a fully upped ion can hold its own.

Last edited by peacob : 09-17-2012 at 07:39 PM.
peacob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 07:45 PM #25
firebirdjimbo
Arms Dealer

firebirdjimbo owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
firebirdjimbo has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
firebirdjimbo has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by peacob View Post
For me,
-weight was the number one reason for buying the DM10, i'm not sitting in the back of the field unloading pod after pod, i'm quick moving and having a gun with that weight and that tall of a body (top-heavy) was fine and i'm sure i could continue to play with it, but after playing with a few of my friends newer guns (etek 3...ect) i figured it was time to update and lighten things up a bit.
-Second reason was efficiency. DMs are clearly not the most efficient guns out there, but with a top-hat spacer and some adjustments it can pull off 7 pods plus a hopper full of paint out of a 68/45.
-Thirdly, i know this sounds a little picky, but i LOVE the heads-up display on my DM10.

That all being said, my fully upped ION is now left at home or lent out and my DM5 is my backup gun. Every now and then i pull out the old ION and give it a few rounds... people can hate all they want, a fully upped ion can hold its own.
agree in every way.

Email/paypal: firebirdjimbo@yahoo.com
always buying failed polishing projects/ugly bastards
firebirdjimbo is offline   Reply With Quote