PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 09-06-2012, 12:07 AM #64
The Inflicted
.detcilfnI ehT

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrel roll View Post
[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=XpHLa6Eg2Uk[/VIDE]

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=J-672ZDeMh4[/VIDE]
An interesting set of comments. Wasserman-Schultz disagrees that she was lying, though. According to her:

http://www.politifact.com/florida/st...-comments-abo/

Quote:
Wasserman Schultz spokesman Jonathan Beeton confirmed that the audio clip of Wasserman Schultz was accurate, but he added that Wasserman Schultz was not reading from prepared remarks and was not directly quoting Oren.

"What she is saying is that Ambassador Oren had told her on multiple occasions that using Israel as a political football is dangerous for Israel. ..." Beeton said. "She is not saying he said what Republicans are doing is dangerous for Israel."

For example, Romney’s comment that Obama has "thrown Israel under the bus" is an example of "what Republicans are doing," Beeton said.

Beeton noted what Wassermann-Schultz said later in her statement about making sure there "will never be daylight between the two parties" shows she was trying to convey that both parties should share support for Israel to help protect Israel.

Beeton gave us this analogy: "It would kind of be like if you and I are walking into McDonald’s and you order a double Big Mac Happy Meal and I go, ‘Amy, what you are doing, and I’ve heard no less than the surgeon general of the U.S. say this, what you are doing right now is dangerous for your health. It doesn’t mean the Surgeon General said, ‘Amy Sherman’s eating habits are dangerous for her health.’ Instead, it would mean that the surgeon general said ‘that type of behavior is dangerous for your health.’"

Beeton also pointed us to Oren’s comments in 2010 in Haaretz, the English language newspaper in Israel, where he said, ‘‘Israel has become a partisan issue in the U.S., and this political ping-pong is bad for us."
Wassermann-Schultz and her staff have played fast and loose with the truth before if it can be distorted a bit to make people seem to agree with them: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mBl-VvAIfE

...which raises the question of her spin will be on Obama's input on the Democrats platform, before or after the God/Jerusalem amendment.
The Inflicted is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-06-2012, 12:25 AM #65
The Abstract
Reject Diversity

Bill Clinton was amazing. Clinton 2016!!!!
The Abstract is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 12:33 AM #66
tsbalr120
Goooonsberry

tsbalr120 is an NCPA player
tsbalr120 is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt.is.back2011 View Post
He basically went issue by issue, and didn't give talking points, but gave a brief explanation of the reality of the current political and economic environment. He also advocated for compromise and cooperation, and said that even though he as a democrat often disagrees with republicans, he doesn't hate them the way some conservatives outright hate this president. I couldn't agree more.
Clinton ma *****,

Gonna have to find this on youtube 2moro
Old 09-06-2012, 04:09 AM #67
wildbill147
Romney & Ryan

If Clinton could run for a 3rd term the GOP would be screwed.
wildbill147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 06:41 AM #68
FreeEnterprise

FreeEnterprise posts videos on PbNation
Yeah, nothing like a President who is a huge womanizer, and cheat. Who argues about the definition of "is" and directly lies to the public...

The public loves that...

Probably not the best person to utter the phrase "you will feel it"...

I had to turn it off after that line, just to "put some ice on it"... If the GOP had some guts, they would have had commercials with all of the women Clinton assaulted for each commercial break. lol.

Course, that is no surprise from the party that took God/Jerusalem out of their platform, and had to cheat to put it back in because they don't want the public to know the true intentions of their avid anti god followers.

Oh wait, Obama is President now. Boy, this "on the job training" is sure working out great with Obama... Too bad he doesn't know how to negotiate worth a hill of beans, but hey, being a community organizer isn't a job where you learn actual leadership skills.

Have you guys seen this scathing review of Obama's "negotiating" tactics?...

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/bob-w...ry?id=17104635

Pretty much just throw a hissy fit and expect everyone to get in line, no wonder our country is such a mess. He didn't even have Boehners phone number...

Wow... Talk about the narcissist in chief, even his OWN party members said he has no leadership skills.

But, hey, he would be a GREAT LEADER for another 4 years... AMIRITE!!!

Liberals... They can see the truth but they ignore it, as it doesn't fit the story that plays in their bizarro worldview ideology.

Or as Anderson cooper calls it "Alternate universe" reality...

A large group of the democratic party is anti God, anti Israel and pro partial birth abortion, and infanticide if the baby is born alive after abortion.

Own it liberals, that is what your party represents...

Lies, anti-Israel, anti-God, and pro-killing kids, while spending TRILLIONS and on your "good intentions" and bankrupting our country morally, and fiscally.

YOU built THAT.

Trails of Doom Stickers on Ebay!

Last edited by FreeEnterprise : 09-06-2012 at 07:20 AM.
FreeEnterprise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 07:27 AM #69
barrel roll
secedere

barrel roll is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
barrel roll is Legendary
I am quite happy with political parties NOT having a god in their platforms. I actually prefer it, it is less for them to lie about.
MQ2 rebuild kits, MP4 ram rebuilds, general 'cocker teching
Will soon be making super slick mid/half block bolts
barrel roll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 07:52 AM #70
F1VENOM

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by barrel roll View Post
I am quite happy with political parties NOT having a god in their platforms. I actually prefer it, it is less for them to lie about.
How does it feel to be a godless, babykilling, *** loving LIEberal?
"Originally posted by visualx: hey everyone, look at me. i call people poor though i make absolutely nothing; brag about my job as an intern or some ****; hate on people for not being fat like me; and absolutely never have any idea what i'm talking about, though i always have a ****ing righteous indignation with everything i say! aren't i ****ing amazing?! do you all like me yet?! oh, you know that hate is just a guise! good thing i have a ****ing amazing life! now let me go **** my fat girlfriend and cry myself to sleep"
F1VENOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 08:07 AM #71
FreeEnterprise

Not having a god, is actually having a god...

Everyone believes in something, people who don't believe in "god" are just people who believe in secular humanism, in other words, THEY are god...

Otherwise, if someone did something to them, why should they care? And yet, they are the first to cry about "fairness"... How can there be fairness, if there is no structure, and structure comes from what you believe, and put your faith in.

They worship at the alter of evolution science, they spend their money to "heal" mother earth. They have very rigid ideology, that is so ingrained that they can't even see that they have been manipulated into their beliefs by a deceiver.

Trusting in man will always fail you.

Old 09-06-2012, 08:16 AM #72
FreeEnterprise

Quote:
Originally Posted by F1VENOM View Post

Well, the DNC did take God out of their platform, (which Obama said, the platform is written by the candidate...)

And they put taxpayer funded abortion IN the platform, And the dnc has been lying like crazy. 4.5 million jobs added... go to the popular headlines and check out the fact check on that claim...

Typical liberal lie.

Along with hundreds more...

Own it, that is YOUR party. Or did the vote putting God back in not happen as we all saw?... So that is what 2/3's looks like?!?

Old 09-06-2012, 08:25 AM #73
Matt.is.back2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeEnterprise View Post

Everyone believes in something, people who don't believe in "god" are just people who believe in secular humanism, in other words, THEY are god...

Otherwise, if someone did something to them, why should they care? And yet, they are the first to cry about "fairness"... How can there be fairness, if there is no structure, and structure comes from what you believe, and put your faith in.

They worship at the alter of evolution science, they spend their money to "heal" mother earth. They have very rigid ideology, that is so ingrained that they can't even see that they have been manipulated into their beliefs by a deceiver.

Wow, there are no words.
Old 09-06-2012, 08:29 AM #74
Umami
Mad as a hatter

Umami works for a Paintball manufacturer
Umami supports our troops
Quote:

Oh, to have the mind of a three year old again. You're basically arguing that since your god isn't in the platform, whomever's god is has gotten their way (in this case atheists since no god was adopted).

Leaving God out of politics isn't a concession to atheists. The DNC wasn't embracing atheism. I can't facepalm hard enough right now.

I am affiliated with Lurker Paintball. My opinions are my own and do not reflect those of LurkerPB.

Last edited by Umami : 09-06-2012 at 08:32 AM.
Umami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 08:30 AM #75
F1VENOM

So people who don't believe in a god think they're god? Worship the alter of evolution science, you can't be serious. Also everything you read the bible or anything written about Jesus and god, no matter which god, you're trusting a man.

MY party? I don't have a party.
"Originally posted by visualx: hey everyone, look at me. i call people poor though i make absolutely nothing; brag about my job as an intern or some ****; hate on people for not being fat like me; and absolutely never have any idea what i'm talking about, though i always have a ****ing righteous indignation with everything i say! aren't i ****ing amazing?! do you all like me yet?! oh, you know that hate is just a guise! good thing i have a ****ing amazing life! now let me go **** my fat girlfriend and cry myself to sleep"
F1VENOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 08:35 AM #76
StellarKnight
Mind Erasure

StellarKnight is a Supporting Member
StellarKnight is a founding member
StellarKnight has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Well, the DNC did take God out of their platform, (which Obama said, the platform is written by the candidate...)

And they put taxpayer funded abortion IN the platform, And the dnc has been lying like crazy. 4.5 million jobs added... go to the popular headlines and check out the fact check on that claim...

Typical liberal lie.

Along with hundreds more...

Own it, that is YOUR party. Or did the vote putting God back in not happen as we all saw?... So that is what 2/3's looks like?!?
Evil presupposes a moral decision, intention, and some forethought. A moron doesn't stop to think or reason. He acts on instinct, like a stable animal, convinced he's doing good, that he's always right, and sanctimoniously proud to go around ****ing up . . .What the world needs is more thoroughly evil people and fewer idiot ****heads.
StellarKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 08:41 AM #77
barrel roll
secedere

barrel roll is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1VENOM View Post
I strive for classical liberalism.

A healthy quote, from when Virginia (the first state/country in the world to have freedom of religion):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas Jefferson, Notes on the State of Virginia, 1781-82
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Old 09-06-2012, 08:43 AM #78
barrel roll
secedere

barrel roll is Legendary
The DNC pulled the same BS as the RNC did to everyone not lockstep NeoCon.

Someone doesn't know his parliamentary rules... it should have gone to a count.

Last edited by barrel roll : 09-06-2012 at 08:45 AM.
Old 09-06-2012, 08:43 AM #79
Angry_Birds
Money over *****es

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swerve22 View Post
Just because democrats say it's for the sake of the country, it doesn't actually mean it's for the sake of the country.

Rule number one about not being brainwashed by people like Obama, Chris Mathews, and Debbie Dishwasher or whatever her name is.
You can disagree politically but still be constructive as legislators. The Republicans have made that VERY difficult and they seem to wear that as a badge of honor.
Old 09-06-2012, 08:48 AM #80
barrel roll
secedere

barrel roll is Legendary
If you disagree that the action is the correct action to take... why would you take it? Illogical.
Old 09-06-2012, 08:49 AM #81
情けない
武士道&

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angry_Birds View Post
You can disagree politically but still be constructive as legislators. The Republicans have made that VERY difficult and they seem to wear that as a badge of honor.
The Democrats have yet to put forth reasonable proposals. Once again them repeating in unison that what they are trying to do is "reasonable" and "bipartisan" doesn't make it so.
情けない is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 08:59 AM #82
spracks21
Zap Rowsdower

spracks21 plays in the PSP
spracks21 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
spracks21 supports Team VICIOUS
spracks21 plays in the APPA D3 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by 情けない View Post
The Democrats have yet to put forth reasonable proposals. Once again them repeating in unison that what they are trying to do is "reasonable" and "bipartisan" doesn't make it so.
A 10-1 ratio in revenues and spending cuts for the budget was not a reasonable concession to the Republicans?

Last edited by spracks21 : 09-06-2012 at 09:04 AM.
spracks21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 09:01 AM #83
spracks21
Zap Rowsdower

spracks21 plays in the PSP
spracks21 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
spracks21 supports Team VICIOUS
spracks21 plays in the APPA D3 division
Quote:

I'm finally doing it. I am putting somebody on my ignore list. Congrats on pioneering the trail, as I'm sure I'll be adding a few more soon. Turns out, some people really aren't worth even hearing anymore.
spracks21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 09:03 AM #84
Matt.is.back2011

Can't tax those job creators, bro, under any circumstances. Just look at how the Bush Tax cuts lowered unemployment so vastly when compared to their previous rates under Clinton