Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 09-17-2012, 05:52 PM #1
showsjohn

$200 - Need paintball gun package

Looking for a $200 paintball marker that I can find with a complete package (mask, tank, marker). Its for my 15 year old brother who is new to paintball. We've been looking at the Smart Parts Ion as it seems to be the "best bang for the buck". I haven't played paintball since I was a kid but these were all the rage when they came out. How do they stack up to other markers in the same price range? Remember, looking to buy used for a complete package at $200, firm price point. Thanks guys.
showsjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-17-2012, 07:44 PM #2
peacob

peacob owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
peacob supports DLX Technology
The ion will do him just fine and get him into the realm of electro guns with multiple firing modes. On the plus side, he can also find upgrade parts super cheap on sale or used.

I still have two IONs, one with just a barrel and then an XE fully upped. My friends that never really got into paintball, when they shoot the stock one with the barrel, they think its a high-end marker until i tell them that its actually just a super affordable entry level.

Your brother will enjoy it i'm sure

btw- just make an offer on this one, start with 160, and work your way up to 200 (which i'm positive he will take). Not only do you get the XE version (which is the better one with the bolt-out back), but it also has mods: blackheart Circuitboard, Freak Barrel, decent electric hopper that will go well with that marker, paintball mask and new red blade trigger. It gives you the whole package, as well as a spyder victor so he can have a backup gun in those occasions something goes wrong on the field and he doesnt have the time to fix in between matches.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ion-XE-Paint...em19d552 677c

Last edited by peacob : 09-17-2012 at 08:03 PM.
peacob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 09:30 AM #3
showsjohn

Nice find, I'll see if we can make a deal. Other propositions are still appreciated!
showsjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 11:51 AM #4
phillysteve
Theft Patrol

Annual Supporting Member
phillysteve is Legendary
phillysteve is a Forum Captain
I'd also say get an ion. Honestly it is one of the cheapest markers you can get and it will keep up with pretty much everything out there. Don't buy into the hype of paintball telling you to go with the new flavor of the week.

Everyone always swears by the most expensive markers possible then in a few months a new marker will come out and they will start hating on the old ones.

There are tons of cheap great options out there. Ion is a great choice for a new player and you can find 100s of them on craigslist and ebay all day long.
GLOCK 19
phillysteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 06:41 AM #5
Soul06
The Last Thing You'll See

has been a member for 10 years
Soul06 owns a Planet Eclipse CSL
Soul06 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Soul06 supports Empire
Surprised no one addressed this yet. The most important part of this set up is the goggles. For $200 you aren't giving yourself really any room. Even if buying used. You need a marker, tank, HOPPER (which you didn't list) and a quality mask.
I recommend selecting a good mask first and then seeing what you have left and working from there

Custom Ano'd Prestige CSL w/ Dart Kit - Midnight Superblue LV1
Obnoxious, NY - High Velocity, NY - Liberty, NY - Cousins, NY - Top Gun, NJ
On Target, NJ - Accurate, NJ - Skirmish, PA - CPX Sports, IL - Paintball Explosion, IL - P&L, MA - Pev's, VA

Soul06 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 07:53 PM #6
anthony2714

anthony2714 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
anthony2714 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
anthony2714 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
On zephyrpaintball.com you can find packages
Old 10-07-2012, 09:35 AM #7
NargofWoV
Ole Cocker.. user

NargofWoV is playing at Living Legends VII
get an idea of what you want, then watch ebay... Picked up my G3 with a tank and hopper for less than $150. Just don't be in a rush, take your time, figure out what you would like to own and feel comfortable fixing, which board offers help, etc...
NargofWoV is offline   Reply With Quote