Information for the Premier Division of the 2012 VICIOUS Series
- Limited to 12 teams
- Officiated by professional paintball team VICIOUS
- Fields are 170ft long
- RaceTo-4, expedited format (more on how this works a little farther down)
- 4 Matches played in the preliminary round
- 10 minutes of game time
- Maximum of 10 players and 2 staff
- Event recaps and photos posted on PbNation.com and ProPaintball.com
- Enclosed pit areas for teams with enough room to actually move around in
- Personal 10’x10’ staging areas for each team
- 2 air stations in each pit area
- Full size LCD monitor in each pit area displaying game scoreboard
- Electronically controlled scoring and game clock
- Roster verification and player eligibility via the American Paintball Players Association
- Each event will have its own unique field layout
- Each unique field layout will be released 2 to 3 weeks before the event for teams to practice on
- All new VICIOUS Series Sup Airball Field
- Professionally gridded fields
Is your team interested in playing the Premier Division? Want more info on how the All Star Game works? Have any other questions? Send us an email at ViciousSeries@gmail.com
Prizes for the Premier Division at Each Event:
- *** NOTE *** To win the Series Prize in the 2012 VICIOUS Series, teams must play in 1 of the first 3 events (think of them as qualifying events) and then you MUST play the final event held at Mad Cow Paintball on September 8 and 9, 2012. You are more than welcome to play more events, but are only required to play 1 of the first 3 tournaments, and the final one. To reach a series point tally, we will take a team’s best overall score throughout the year, and add it to the points from the final event which will be weighted. So if for example, your team plays the first event and gets 9th place; you can play the 2nd event and get 4th place. For your series point total at the end of the year, we will use the points received from the 4th place finish to factor into your total. Make sense? If not, send an email to ViciousSeries@gmail.com
and we’ll try to help it make sense.
Based on 7 or more teams:
----- 1st Place: $1,500 CASH, $1,300 credit towards entry fee for a 2012 PSP tournament, 30 cases of Ultra Evil Paintballs for use at a 2012 PSP event**, a team trophy, and 10 medals
----- 2nd Place: $750 Cash and 10 medals
----- 3rd Place: $300 Cash and 10 medals
----- 4th Place: 10 Medals
Based on 6 or less teams:
----- 1st Place: $1,000 CASH, $1,300 credit towards entry fee for a 2012 PSP tournament, 30 cases of Ultra Evil Paintballs for use at a 2012 PSP event**, team trophy, 10 medals
----- 2nd Place: $500 CASH, 10 medals
----- 3rd Place: $250 CASH, 10 medals
----- 4th Place: 10 medals
Not to mention, we’re giving away thousands of dollars in raffle prizes throughout the series! Each team will receive one raffle ticket per rostered player or staff member.
** This 30 cases of Ultra Evil paintballs is only eligible through the Empire Rewards program, and open to any team that qualifies. For more information regarding this great rewards program and opportunity, please reference the section at the end of these posts outlining the Empire Rewards Program.
Series Prize for Premier Division:
----- RaceTo-4 Entry Fee Credit ($2,750)
----- $1,500 Cash for Airfare to 2012 PSP World Cup ($1,500 Value)
----- $500 Cash for Hotel ($500 Value)
----- 20 Cases of Tournament Grade Paintballs at PSP 2012 World Cup ($1,100 Value)
----- 30 Minutes of field walking with Pro Team VICIOUS at PSP 2012 World Cup
Teams are only required to play in 2 of the events to have a chance to win the Series Prize! Teams will need to play 1 of the first 3 events, and the final event at Mad Cow Paintball in September to have a chance at winning the Series.
1 event - $500 per team (if your team only plays 1 event, you are not eligible to win the Series Prize)
2 events - $400 per event (this translates to 1 of the first 3 events, and the last event, which qualifies you to be able to win the overall Series Prize). This works out to $800 TOTAL for 2 events. Due to the high chance of the final event in the Series selling out early, we highly suggest this option. The Premier Division Final will be capped at 12 teams!
Registering for both events at once will:
1.) Saves you some money
2.) Ensures you will have a spot in the final event, ensuring you get a chance at the Series Prize
To sign your team up, follow this link: 2012 VICIOUS Tournament Series Team Signup. To get your team signed up for more than a single event, because you want to win the awesome Series Prize please call Jake at 402-502-3434 or email ViciousSeries@gmail.com
If your team decides they want to play any additional events in the series, beyond the two required to win the Series Prize, please contact Jake via email at ViciousSeries@gmail.com
or call 402-502-3434 for additional pricing information.
* All entry fees are NON-REFUNDABLE and NON-TRANSFERABLE. There must be a minimum of 4 paid teams per event to hold the Premier Division at that event.
Player classifications for the Premier Division:
Each team in the Premier Division may roster up to 2 players that hold an APPA ranking of Division 2. The rest of the players must hold a rank of Division 3 or lower in the APPA system.
Our New Expedited Format
How it normally works: Two teams play at a time: your team, and the other team. You play a point, get a 2 minute break. Play another point, get a 2 minute break. This process repeats until somebody scores 4 points and wins.
How it’s going down this year: Instead of having the 2 minute down time between each point where nothing is happening, spectators get bored, etc we’re going to fill that time. How you ask? Simple, with another game! While the first two teams, let’s call them A1 and A2 are playing their first point, teams B1 and B2 are in the pits getting loaded up. As soon as A1 scores on A2, their point is over. Teams B1 and B2 now have 30 seconds to run onto the field, reach their start station, and get ready to play. While B1 and B2 are playing their point, Teams A1 and A2 are loading back up for their next point. One of the biggest benefits is that you can potentially have more than the normal 2 minutes to get ready.
Now I know you’re thinking, “30 seconds isn’t enough time to get on the field!” It actually is. Because you still have all of the time it takes them to play their point to get loaded back up and cleaned off.
“But what if their point only takes like 20 seconds?” No worries, it won’t. And in the freak event it does, you will get a full minute to get yourselves ready in the pit, along with the 30 seconds to make it to the start box.
“What if in the excitement of the match, my guys try to go on the field at the wrong time?” Don’t worry; we are using custom built software for the monitors in the pit and spectator areas. The screen will change colors for each game being played. Teams A1 and A2 might have a Red background
, while teams B1 and B2 might have a Blue background
What makes this so great you ask? It’s faster. It’s more exciting to watch and play. Did we mention it was faster? Faster tournaments mean you get headed home earlier in the day, meaning you get home earlier, and let’s be honest, who doesn’t like that? Vicious played an event in 2011 that utilized a similar concept and it was non-stop paintball excitement.
** This expedited format will be used in the 2012 VICIOUS Series in the Premier Division events that have 10 or more teams signed up. If 9 or fewer teams are registered at the time the schedule is generated we will use the classical, one match at-a-time style of running matches.
Something not making sense? Have a question? No problem, we’re here to help! Email us at ViciousSeries@gmail.com
or call the store at 402-502-3434