UNDRPRVLGD_V2 plays in the PSP
UNDRPRVLGD_V2 donated to help Peyton Trent
UNDRPRVLGD_V2 supports our troops
UNDRPRVLGD_V2 plays in the APPA D3 division
UNDRPRVLGD_V2 is one of the top 100 posters on PbNation
UNDRPRVLGD_V2 supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by akruse21 View Post
You guys win. You're also blatant liars or just plain retarded. Who knows. All we need is the Army. Merry Christmas.
And your just billy badass technical on the mother ****ing spot, so please Stonewall Jackson please tell us like it is, because you must be knee deep in CAS missions, TRAPS, and every other ****ing air asset going on in sheather.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SniperForce-Duffek View Post
They still have to get clearance... However, if someone can't get it and the **** is hot enough on the ground, then the pilot needs to make the call and go in. Sort of like the read from "Night Stalkers" when a 160th bird was denied permission to extract a SF nest team. They said **** it, got shot up, saved everyone, thrown into a hearing, and asked to tell the story because it was remarkable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNDRPRVLGD_V2 View Post
Pilots are only as good as the set of balls they grow.
Goes back to this statement I made, I know rotor pilots dont give a ****, that goes for both Army and Marine rotors, they want to get in as close as possible, give solid effects of target and give the grunts what they need where they need it. They dont give a **** about the airframe or taking a few bullet holes. Fast movers are ****s IMO and very rarely, in the 4 tours Ive done have I seen them work like rotors. Of course clearance and ROE's will always get in the way of saving grunts lives, and risk of a aircraft is more important than the lives of a pinned down platoon, but what the **** do I know.
Old 12-26-2012, 08:04 AM #65
akruse21

akruse21 is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNDRPRVLGD_V2 View Post
And your just billy badass technical on the mother ****ing spot, so please Stonewall Jackson please tell us like it is, because you must be knee deep in CAS missions, TRAPS, and every other ****ing air asset going on in sheather.

Goes back to this statement I made, I know rotor pilots dont give a ****, that goes for both Army and Marine rotors, they want to get in as close as possible, give solid effects of target and give the grunts what they need where they need it. They dont give a **** about the airframe or taking a few bullet holes. Fast movers are ****s IMO and very rarely, in the 4 tours Ive done have I seen them work like rotors. Of course clearance and ROE's will always get in the way of saving grunts lives, and risk of a aircraft is more important than the lives of a pinned down platoon, but what the **** do I know.
Have a good day.
Old 12-26-2012, 09:15 AM #66
the other one
World Peace

the other one supports our troops
Quote:
Originally Posted by akruse21 View Post
Yup, you got me. I'll revise my comment to "remove airpower from the current theater that is Afghanistan and our ***** would have been kicked from the get go with the ROE and tactics we are allowed to use".
Tense is not uniform in your sentence, making it difficult to read.

Are you talking about some of the ODA's early on who didn't have air support (yet toppled the Taliban in major areas), or current units (like mine) who receive no air support their entire deployments, yet still accomplish their mission?

Airplanes are not overhead of every firefight in Afghanistan, buddy. Not even the majority.

Try again.

I blog.
the other one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 09:36 AM #67
akruse21

akruse21 is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by the other one View Post
Tense is not uniform in your sentence, making it difficult to read.

Are you talking about some of the ODA's early on who didn't have air support (yet toppled the Taliban in major areas), or current units (like mine) who receive no air support their entire deployments, yet still accomplish their mission?

Airplanes are not overhead of every firefight in Afghanistan, buddy. Not even the majority.

Try again.
My apologies on the tense issue. Guys, I know air support isn't the end all to be all solution to every TIC or engagement and with the current ROEs and what not, I know you guys run into issues with getting the right ordinance where you need it if it even happens. My only statement is that air support has played a critical role from the start to current day. I don't see how you can argue with that. I've been in many a overhead circle a couple miles out from the LZ not having permission from the ground commander to land to pick up bleeding out soldiers/sailors/airmen due to the bureaucratic process of getting the air support needed to beat back the enemy a bit.

And again, I am speaking in the broad overall sense of the conflict. Not your current specific mission or missions in the past.

Last edited by akruse21 : 12-26-2012 at 09:40 AM.
akruse21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 10:34 AM #68
the other one
World Peace

the other one supports our troops
Now that's an answer I can respect.

I blog.
the other one is offline   Reply With Quote