PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 12-22-2012, 12:56 AM #1
tomM925
R.I.P America.

tomM925 supports DLX Technology
Question Any New York AR/AK/other "assault weapon" owners here?

Dark times are upon us.

Gov. Andrew M. Cuomo said Thursday that he had started discussions with leaders of the State Legislature about new gun control measures, and that he planned to propose a package of gun legislation in his State of the State address on Jan. 9.

“There’s a big difference of opinion on these issues,” Mr. Cuomo, a Democrat, said in an interview on an Albany radio station.

The New York Assembly, controlled by Democrats, has voted for a number of proposed gun control measures in recent years, only to have the legislation falter in the Senate, which has been controlled by Republicans. (Starting next month, the Senate is to be led by a coalition of Republicans and a breakaway faction of Democrats.)

Mr. Cuomo, speaking on WGDJ-AM, said gun control had not recently been among the most discussed topics in the capital, so he had reached out to lawmakers to gauge where they stood before he made his proposals final.

He added that he was focusing his attention on changing state laws restricting the possession of assault weapons and high-capacity ammunition magazines. The governor described the state’s existing ban on those items as having “more holes than Swiss cheese.”

“I don’t think legitimate sportsmen are going to say, ‘I need an assault weapon to go hunting,’ ” he said. At the same time, he noted that he owns a shotgun that he has used for hunting, and said, “There is a balance here — I understand the rights of gun owners; I understand the rights of hunters.”

In the interview, Mr. Cuomo did not offer specifics about the measures he might propose, but, while discussing assault weapons, he said: “Confiscation could be an option. Mandatory sale to the state could be an option. Permitting could be an option — keep your gun but permit it.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/12/21/ny...nth.html?_r=2&

I don't know about anyone else but this scares the **** out of me. Even though confiscation is unlikely, yet, registration is the first step. I know there has been countless threats of this nature in the past, but that was before that POS went postal in an elementary school. That shooting is exactly what liberal lawmakers (especially in NY) have been waiting for. Now they have the ammo they need.

I'm interested to hear what everyone else, from anywhere in the country/world thinks of this.

P.s.
To everyone who gave me advice in my previous thread, the semester is over, I have my credits, and I'm scheduled to enlist Monday the 31st! Very exciting time in my life for me. Making changes for the better (hopefully).

OBAMA SUCKS.

Last edited by tomM925 : 12-22-2012 at 12:58 AM.
tomM925 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 02:02 AM #2
SniperForce-Duffek
Delta Farce

SniperForce-Duffek plays in the APPA D5 division
It's NY, that **** don't surprise me.

"May god have mercy upon my enemies, because I won't."
G.S.P
SniperForce-Duffek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 04:04 AM #3
patrickusaf08

Annual Supporting Member
patrickusaf08 owns a Planet Eclipse CSL
patrickusaf08 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
patrickusaf08 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
patrickusaf08 supports Team VICIOUS
patrickusaf08 supports Pev's Paintball
patrickusaf08 supports DLX Technology
it makes me angry when people keep saying assult weapons even though i know its just the media. last time time i checked the average person can not just go in and buy a m4/m16 in the gun store. i can how ever go buy a semi auto 556 or .223 semi auto rife that can be used for hunting. you will also never get weapons real assult weapons out of the hands of criminals. all our politians will do is disarm us to the point that we will put big targets on our back that says i am un armed please come mug me shoot me and leave me for dead.
patrickusaf08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 08:29 AM #4
firststrike01
Peace is the way

id say move to New Hampshire, but i dont really want any more military welfare monkeys here..unless your willing to renounce all parasitic military wellfare, than by all means come on up.
firststrike01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 03:37 PM #5
tomM925
R.I.P America.

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickusaf08 View Post
it makes me angry when people keep saying assult weapons even though i know its just the media. last time time i checked the average person can not just go in and buy a m4/m16 in the gun store. i can how ever go buy a semi auto 556 or .223 semi auto rife that can be used for hunting. you will also never get weapons real assult weapons out of the hands of criminals. all our politians will do is disarm us to the point that we will put big targets on our back that says i am un armed please come mug me shoot me and leave me for dead.
Yup. And when the all uneducated people hear the media refer to them as "assault weapons" they think everyone's running around with automatics. I can't even count how many times someone has seen my rifle and asked "are you allowed to own that?"

OBAMA SUCKS.
Old 12-22-2012, 03:57 PM #6
Volucris
asmuchtextastheywillallow

NY residents might lynch him for treason.
Volucris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 05:06 PM #7
tomM925
R.I.P America.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volucris View Post
NY residents might lynch him for treason.
Yeah right. This state is so liberal that 98% of the population wouldn't think anything of it. Just don't mess with the welfare checks and food stamps and everyone will stay happy.

OBAMA SUCKS.
Old 12-22-2012, 06:08 PM #8
CptMotivator
14/f/cali

Quote:
Originally Posted by firststrike01 View Post
id say move to New Hampshire, but i dont really want any more military welfare monkeys here..unless your willing to renounce all parasitic military wellfare, than by all means come on up.

Oh god, not you again.
Old 01-03-2013, 10:11 AM #9
BlackAngelSS
The Black Korps

I live in NY and have 3 Ar's. And a bunch of "Pre ban" 30 rnd mags. If they make us turn our guns in i'll simply keep mine in another state. and maybee even move there. Cuomo said he was thinking of "limiting magazines to 7 rnds" like thats so dfferent than the 10 rnd mags we can currently get.The whole assault weapon ban thin gis a joke. The liberals all say they are "hAVE no use except for mass killing". so then the police shouldnt need them either.

1.SS Panzer Korps
BlackAngelSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 10:42 AM #10
barrel roll
secedere

barrel roll is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
barrel roll is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by firststrike01 View Post
military welfare?
MQ2 rebuild kits, MP4 ram rebuilds, general 'cocker teching
Will soon be making super slick mid/half block bolts
barrel roll is offline   Reply With Quote