PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 03-05-2013, 04:21 PM #1
flaviosen

Strange Leak on a viking

OK!
I am officially stumped! Have a leak on one of my vikings that I do not understand. I stripped it from parts, put some other parts on it, now the air goes into the gun but leaks out from the little hole next to the reg on the bottom side of the gun. Tried to put all the original part back on the gun, same leak. The little hole is the one behind the reg infront of the frame. It is driving me MEGA crazy!!!!

Anyone that has a clue?
flaviosen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-05-2013, 04:32 PM #2
brock_averill
Ill Factor

has been a member for 10 years
I think it has something to do with your lpr. Either over pressured, or a bad oring? Im not 100% but its a place to start anyway.

WTB: Salmon Viking
brock_averill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 04:35 PM #3
flaviosen

I have changed all Orings.........I even changed back so that it is the original cover version with the spring for the valve.......ARGH!!!!
Old 03-05-2013, 04:37 PM #4
MeuroM

You clipped an oring on the lpr when removing/reinserting it. You have to remove the hpr and look through that "vasa" hole and watch for the orings on the lpr when removing/reinserting it. They will want to pinch out of their groove, you have to keep them in with something small like an allen key, personnally, I use my pinky. Lube helps, too.

That small hole in the body is a relief hole for the piston in the lpr to move freely, just like the hole in the side of a sidewinder. But it also tells you when you did wrong with the lpr and orings.

I am MorueM / Cocker's and AKA's aficionado..
Resurrected Swirl / Poop-O-type / RevengeV2 / Most of my AKA bunch

Last edited by MeuroM : 03-05-2013 at 04:39 PM.
MeuroM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 04:38 PM #5
flaviosen

HMMMMMMM.......lets try that
Old 03-05-2013, 04:51 PM #6
flaviosen

Well, I totally unscrewed the LPR and just held my thumb there. There is air coming through but also bleeding down the hole. Im gonna try a few things and see how it goes.
Old 03-05-2013, 04:56 PM #7
MeuroM

Which LPR is it, the internal or the SCM?

Old 03-05-2013, 05:15 PM #8
flaviosen

Well, I have changed both. But right now I returned to the lid with the valve spring stick just so that I get this issue fixed. still leaking. so next stop is fiddling with the SCM. But now its midnight and I got work tomorrow.
Old 03-05-2013, 07:24 PM #9
MeuroM

Woow, slow down buddy. A leak from the hole between the hpr and frame and more than often a bad 015 oring on the LPR. It's pretty much the no.1 user error induced leak on vikings/excals.

Those orings get pinched and sliced when removing and reinstalling without watching them through the "vASA" hole. Change those two 015 orings, use a little lube and reinstall the lpr. Use a small allen key to keep them in their groove and keep them from pinching/slicing when they clear the hole.

Now, if the 015 orings don't take care of the leak, I'd check the oring that seals around the pistion, in the lpr.

Old 03-06-2013, 05:05 PM #10
flaviosen

Well, a small update! I now used a smaller type of Oring and now it doesnt leak!! HOWEVER! now that it doesnt leak it doesnt cycle! No air get to the valve and through the solenoid :/

Well, that will be tomorrows headache!
If any tips please post them here.
Old 03-10-2013, 05:24 PM #11
new ion?
Uni Sucks....

No air getting to the valve/solenoid?

does this mean that you can push the ram forward, and the valve will make a small fart noise, or that there's no air in there at all?

if 1 - your LPR is zero'd out. turn it up.

if 2 - your HPR is zero'd out... turn it up. OR Battery is dead OR no air in the tank OR you forgot to turn the on/off ASA on

WTB cocker pneus, slider & Karni FB

Jack Wood:
And I think that if you think something is bull****, you have every right to say you think it is. Just because bull**** is the norm doesn't mean it stinks any less.
new ion? is offline   Reply With Quote