Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 09-04-2012, 02:03 PM #43
Swerve22

has been a member for 10 years
lol, Jonathan Leibowitz explaining what it feels like to be a brainwashed liberal and not understand the real world around you.

www.gunfacts.info
Swerve22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-04-2012, 02:09 PM #44
Iamamartianchurch

Man this chair thing is not funny.
Iamamartianchurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 02:11 PM #45
F1VENOM

Political theater in senile monologue form?
"Originally posted by visualx: hey everyone, look at me. i call people poor though i make absolutely nothing; brag about my job as an intern or some ****; hate on people for not being fat like me; and absolutely never have any idea what i'm talking about, though i always have a ****ing righteous indignation with everything i say! aren't i ****ing amazing?! do you all like me yet?! oh, you know that hate is just a guise! good thing i have a ****ing amazing life! now let me go **** my fat girlfriend and cry myself to sleep"
F1VENOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 02:16 PM #46
Iamamartianchurch

Quote:
Originally Posted by F1VENOM View Post
Political theater in senile monologue form?
C-Span?
Old 09-04-2012, 02:19 PM #47
Murph1329

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamamartianchurch View Post
Man this chair thing is not funny.
agree.....the whole skit didn't fit in and was the worst part of an overwise well executed convention.

I felt like eastwood was just winging it out there tripping over his own words. I kind of felt embarrassed for him.
ANS Jackhammer | Rex Kit
STO RAM | Air America Black Ice | Shocktech LPC
pic
Forum defeat is admitted when one resorts to grammatical insults -me
We all live with a mark of sin, no man's is greater than another's in his own mind. -me
Murph1329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 02:24 PM #48
F1VENOM

Quote:
C-Span?
Damn you for making me chuckle in a quiet lobby.
"Originally posted by visualx: hey everyone, look at me. i call people poor though i make absolutely nothing; brag about my job as an intern or some ****; hate on people for not being fat like me; and absolutely never have any idea what i'm talking about, though i always have a ****ing righteous indignation with everything i say! aren't i ****ing amazing?! do you all like me yet?! oh, you know that hate is just a guise! good thing i have a ****ing amazing life! now let me go **** my fat girlfriend and cry myself to sleep"
F1VENOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 02:38 PM #49
Iamamartianchurch

Quote:
Originally Posted by F1VENOM View Post
Damn you for making me chuckle in a quiet lobby.
Just doing my civic duty.
Old 09-04-2012, 02:39 PM #50
Iamamartianchurch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murph1329 View Post
agree.....the whole skit didn't fit in and was the worst part of an overwise well executed convention.

I felt like eastwood was just winging it out there tripping over his own words. I kind of felt embarrassed for him.
Didn't watch it. I'm gauging it all on this thread.
Old 09-04-2012, 02:43 PM #51
Murph1329

Quote:
Didn't watch it. I'm gauging it all on this thread.
you should have watched it
hell i even plan on watching the DNC this week, may be hard during the first NFL game tomorrow night but i'll definitly tune in for the big speakers

I'm looking forward to seeing all those empty chairs and all those people that had to get in using an ID
....oh the irony is rich with this DNC
ANS Jackhammer | Rex Kit
STO RAM | Air America Black Ice | Shocktech LPC
pic
Forum defeat is admitted when one resorts to grammatical insults -me
We all live with a mark of sin, no man's is greater than another's in his own mind. -me
Murph1329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 02:49 PM #52
Iamamartianchurch

I can't stomach hours of vague speeches about nothing in particular except a flurry of emotions.
Old 09-04-2012, 02:58 PM #53
StellarKnight
Mind Erasure

StellarKnight is a Supporting Member
StellarKnight is a founding member
StellarKnight has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
I can't stomach hours of vague speeches about nothing in particular except a flurry of emotions.
We don't even attempt to distinguish our political exhibitions from reality TV.

Hey *******s, this just in: Toddlers & Tiaras isn't a model for dignity.
Evil presupposes a moral decision, intention, and some forethought. A moron doesn't stop to think or reason. He acts on instinct, like a stable animal, convinced he's doing good, that he's always right, and sanctimoniously proud to go around ****ing up . . .What the world needs is more thoroughly evil people and fewer idiot ****heads.
StellarKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 03:02 PM #54
Iamamartianchurch

Quote:
Originally Posted by StellarKnight View Post
We don't even attempt to distinguish our political exhibitions from reality TV.

Hey *******s, this just in: Toddlers & Tiaras isn't a model for dignity.
Not when you are moving to appeal to the lowest common denominator. Politics merely caught up with our art.
Old 09-04-2012, 03:07 PM #55
FreeEnterprise

FreeEnterprise posts videos on PbNation
That is exactly why the chair is so funny.

It doesn't matter what Obama said, it is just the same thing all democrats say, when they run... (well, I take that back, I don't remember ANY politician EVER saying they would "heal the earth" and "cause the water levels to recede" before Obama, but hey, the media got chills up their legs so it clearly works on some mooncalfs).

But, posting pictures of inanimate objects playing golf, fishing, hoops, or out in a field... Has the same effect of our President, since clearly in 4 years with TRILLIONS of dollars spent, and we could have done nothing and been in the same situation (actually if we HAD done nothing, we would be better off today as we wouldn't have 5 Trillion in new debt).

At least he personally eliminated Osama... Or was it the chair?...

I personally thought this one was spot on... for the Narcissist in chief.

Trails of Doom Stickers on Ebay!
FreeEnterprise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 03:18 PM #56
Swerve22

Quote:
Not when you are moving to appeal to the lowest common denominator. Politics merely caught up with our art.
Don't blame the politicians - they're trying to sell what the American consumer wants - feel good in a vote. If the American voting public were more educated and after more than just talking points and vague generalities, that's what we'd be getting.

Kinda like hating McDonalds for selling french fries when nobody would go there if they didn't imo.

www.gunfacts.info
Old 09-04-2012, 03:22 PM #57
Iamamartianchurch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swerve22 View Post
Don't blame the politicians - they're trying to sell what the American consumer wants - feel good in a vote. If the American voting public were more educated and after more than just talking points and vague generalities, that's what we'd be getting.

Kinda like hating McDonalds for selling french fries when nobody would go there if they didn't imo.
I.blame both equally. McDonalds peddles **** and they know it. Instead they should hold themselves to a higher standard. Likewise for politicians. I want my politicians to be the best of us, not representative of the average.
Old 09-04-2012, 03:31 PM #58
TheSilentAssassin
Words and Stuff

Call me crazy, but I expect MORE intellectual integrity from my politicians than I do from a notoriously cheap fast food chain...
Old 09-04-2012, 03:33 PM #59
Iamamartianchurch

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSilentAssassin View Post
Call me crazy, but I expect MORE intellectual integrity from my politicians than I do from a notoriously cheap fast food chain...
He was just drawing an analogy.

I blame the American consumer as much as the fast food chain. Just like I blame both the voter and the politician.
Old 09-04-2012, 03:37 PM #60
Swerve22

Quote:
I.blame both equally. McDonalds peddles **** and they know it. Instead they should hold themselves to a higher standard. Likewise for politicians. I want my politicians to be the best of us, not representative of the average.
I do to, but sadly I don't see that ever changing unless the public demands it first. We're a dumb country in general these days, because our success has allowed us to become one. My intuition and historical sense tells me that there's not really going to be a way out of that without paying a heavy price, but I don't really have any concrete proof of that.

Quote:
Not saying they're the same, it was just an example.

www.gunfacts.info
Old 09-04-2012, 03:41 PM #61
FreeEnterprise

FreeEnterprise posts videos on PbNation
At least the fast food chain doesn't spend money they don't have...

If they spent like democrats, they would have been bankrupt years ago.

I never get the whole "hate on business" thing that democrats push... I mean, we spend a huge portion of our lives working, why hate on your job, or other peoples job. And unlike government, business actually knows what a balance sheet looks like, AND how to balance it, by making cuts so they stay solvent.

Look at the new DNC logo for the convention... It looks like the world is drowning in red ink, or on fire... Either way, pretty fitting for the party of spend other peoples money and gripe about not being able to spend ALL of other peoples money. Ask a liberal how much a business should be allowed to keep... Pretty telling when you explain what businesses who aren't in the pocket of the government actually pay in taxes and regulations. No wonder our country is in such a mess.

Hey, maybe if we had an empty chair... Oh wait.

Trails of Doom Stickers on Ebay!
FreeEnterprise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 03:44 PM #62
TheSilentAssassin
Words and Stuff

It's a bad example. A corporation does not have the same obligation to maintaining intellectual integrity that our government officials have. I blame both the american citizen and the politician but I blame the political system much more.
Old 09-04-2012, 03:45 PM #63
TheSilentAssassin
Words and Stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeEnterprise View Post
At least the fast food chain doesn't spend money they don't have...