Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 06-27-2014, 11:33 AM #1
Notorious Thomas

Milsig M17 vs. Invert mini??? Performance??

I currently have a invert mini willing to sell. I've been wanting to upgrade my gun to suit my playstyle (more close range and single shot kills) to save paint. I have been looking at milsigs which win the coolness factor against my mini but what about performance? my stock mini was phenomenal
Notorious Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 06-27-2014, 12:20 PM #2
dreadmuppet
Reeks of class

Annual Supporting Member
If you like the way your Mini shoots and want to save paint, just pull the trigger less.

Also this post should be in this forum: http://www.pbnation.com/forumdisplay.php?f=828

"Originally posted by Robotech: What you need to accept is paintballs suck at flying through the air."

"Originally posted by RyanR: I think newbies are greatly intimidated when they're playing with a rental wearing cover-alls and facing some aggtastic looking power ranger."

eBay Feedback
dreadmuppet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 01:19 PM #3
Christian P
UWL and Scenario

Christian P is playing at Living Legends VI
Christian P is playing at Living Legends VII
Christian P has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Christian P is attending Decay of Nations VII
I'd check out adding a pump to your stable. Then you ca shoot electric for speedball and pump for woodsball. Have a hard opponent that needs more paint in the air? Shoot the mini.

Playing with rec ballers or single shot players, break out the pump.
Christian P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 01:24 PM #4
beastmode2112
BANG

beastmode2112 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
These are two wildly different markers. The m17 is primarily for magfed while as the invert mini is 100% hopper fed. So if you want to play magfed then get an m17. If you don't think you want to play with mags, keep you invert mini.

1. Don't know what EG is lol.
2. FPS doesn't matter, your going to be shooting 280-300 with both (unless your fields FPS limit is lower).
3. Not really sure how loud an m17 is but if its anything like other milsig guns its pretty loud. So I'm fairly certain an invert mini is quiter.
4. Accuracy is dependent on the quality of paint and paint to bore match. So if you used the same paint and the same barrel they will be the exact same accuracy wise.
5. The m17 is made out of a polymer plastic so if you put a lot of stress on it, it might break.
6. The m17 is harder to get the bolt out, but maintaining them is super easy on both.

In conclusion, if you plan on getting the m17 make sure you want it for magfed!

*NOTE M17 does not have eyes!! If you didn't know, eyes sense the paintball and tell the marker that the paintball is in the breach ready to be fired. A marker without eyes doesn't do this, so if a paintball is still getting in the breach and you pull the trigger, the bolt will clip the paintball and cause it to break.
beastmode2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 09:55 PM #5
phatmatt13

Apples to Texas?
phatmatt13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 12:49 PM #6
hit_wiper

Put a smaller hopper on the mini, switch to semi, and just use your index finger to fire. That will fit your playing style fine.
hit_wiper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 10:54 AM #7
Q-k0rt3z
I Paint People For Fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by hit_wiper View Post
Put a smaller hopper on the mini, switch to semi, and just use your index finger to fire. That will fit your playing style fine.
Exactly, just save yourself money dude, buying another marker just to shoot semi is pointless if your mini can do it too. stay with the mini, its lighter than a milsim marker (remember you have to hold this thing the whole day especially in scenario play) plus you can always keep your gun up while moving to bunkers instead of having it down while you run. Because if you run into an enemy that already has his gun up, you're hit. So just get a 50 ball hopper and throw it on the mini. Like this guy did on the link below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4iDwV4I2AQ