PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 01-06-2004, 01:16 PM #1
Bimmer323is

has been a member for 10 years
Evolution style bolts

I'm looking for advice on evolution size delrin cocker bolt for my FF Rhythm. I would like to know which one you use and why you like it. I have the Nylaton venturi bolt now and I was wondering if you could share your experience comparing the Nylatron with other brands.

I would much prefer to hear from people who are currently using such a product.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-06-2004, 03:16 PM #2
smasher41
I'm back!!

smasher41 is a Supporting Member
smasher41 is a founding member
Bimmer, i currently have the nylatron bolt in my boxxer, which is the same length as yours. i have found the boring on the body to be quite a bit larger than the bolt, allowing quite a bit of blowback each shot. i got a 2k length JAM antichop bolt yesterday at the shop, and poped it in my free flow to see if it fit better. slid in smooth, i was a bit worried it would be to small as well.
but blowing down the feed tube and nothing except for a tad through the wire detent slot, covering that hole up and my face would have turned blue. the fit was as good as my DEZign custom bolt was in my old free flow cocker!

cant wait for my evo length jam bolt to come in though, cause i cant wait to ditch the nylatron bolt, its nice but too small of bore and the oring cause a lot of drag IMO.

other bolts i have used/ tried are:
superfly
Evolution ( delrin and metal)
DARK 3 hole venturi metal
DArk derlin
DEZign
check it
stock
Worrblade bolt
orracle bolt
AKA lightning

and various others, althoguh my memory cant think of the names right now lol

My FeedBack 40 positive feedback!

Member #155 on PBN
Old 01-06-2004, 04:58 PM #3
Bimmer323is

I agree that the Nylatron bolt causes quite a drag. My Super Fly had a much smoother fit on my old 2002 WGP cocker.

I'd love to hear what you think about the JAM after you had time to really test it on your Boxxer. The JAM bolt looks like a fantastic innovation.

My concern is that the spring tension that prevents chopping is not going to be strong enough to have 100% consistancy in pushing the ball into the barrel, especially in a rapid fire situation. Its strength could be its weakness as well.
Old 01-06-2004, 07:45 PM #4
yng_azn_boi
Kristin Kreuk is hot =)

i'm looking for some type of evo style bolt (delrin open faced oringed perhaps?) for my lotus....

smasher...of all the bolts you've tried...which bolt collectively gave you the best performance? (or anyone else with experience in many of the bolts out there?)
Feedback
Old 01-06-2004, 09:03 PM #5
smasher41
I'm back!!

Bimmer, check the review in my sig, ive used the bolt before in my old uprising free flow and 03 cocker.
the spring is plenty strong to hold the bolt enough to push into the chamber, esp during high rof, ive tested it at 17 bps full auto with an uprising frame, and it worked perfect.

YNG-
consistancy wise, i would say by far the best bolt was the DEZign bolt, the design is very high flowing, and it was match made for my old free flow.

the only complaint i found with my v1 JAm bolt was the weight was quite a bit more than other bolts out there, but the v2 is amazing, and super smooth finish!

it really depends on what your looking for...

Member #155 on PBN
Old 01-06-2004, 10:45 PM #6
Bimmer323is

Smasher, I was wondering if you could perform a simple experiment for me. chrono your FF boxxer with the Nylaton to 290 FPS. Then swap the Nylatron with the V2 JAM while leaving everything else the same. Let me know how the JAM changed the velocity.

Also, are there any pictures of the V2's open face?
Old 01-06-2004, 11:08 PM #7
JAM ENTERPRISES

JAM ENTERPRISES is a Supporting Member
BIMMER,
SORRY,
we only make the v2's for 2k and new standard length.
the bolt that would go in your gun is only made in the v1 for now.
the face is one large open hole that measures at .515" i.d.
i have that same version in my gun for about 1 1/2 years and have over 700,000 shots on it and the spring tension is still hloding up great.
(the reason i have so many shots on it is it is my tourny gun and display gun and the kids love to go through my air and batteries at the events.
Old 01-07-2004, 11:03 AM #8
smasher41
I'm back!!

Bimmer, im still waiting for my personal evo length JAm bolt to come in, the order i had with centerflag was messed up and i recieved a sto length ( 2k+)

i have a WGp venturi ( black magic bolt) which is similar in flow, and i have the jam bolt (v2).

i can (err i mean cant) test that by friday. unless i get my bolt first class mail to me ( this time i went through JAm directly) wink wink, this is the best thing i can get for you till it arrives.

Member #155 on PBN

Last edited by smasher41 : 01-07-2004 at 11:41 PM.