Community Focus
Community Focus

ReplyRegional Ups

Old 05-06-2012, 02:00 PM #1
gocubsgo7184

gocubsgo7184 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
gocubsgo7184 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Paintball Explosion vs CPX

I live an equal distance from PBX and CPX. If I'm correct they're owned by the same people. Which one is better and why? or are they just about the same?
gocubsgo7184 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-07-2012, 08:42 AM #2
cplach
Sock it to 'em

cplach owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by gocubsgo7184 View Post
I live an equal distance from PBX and CPX. If I'm correct they're owned by the same people. Which one is better and why? or are they just about the same?
I don't believe they're owned by the same people. Which one is better is a matter of preference.

I personally love PBX because of the owners, staff, prices and fields. Several friends and myself play there almost weekly because of those 4 things.
cplach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 09:28 AM #3
Soul06
The Last Thing You'll See

has been a member for 10 years
Soul06 owns a Planet Eclipse CSL
Soul06 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Soul06 supports Empire
PBX has some amazing fields. But CPX does as well. Especially Bedlam, Armageddon and Wastelands. You would be doing yourself a disservice to forgo one for the other. I've played many places and I can say that these two places are the best two places I have seen yet anywhere. Thats taking into consideration not just the fields but the staff and facilities as well.

Custom Ano'd Prestige CSL w/ Dart Kit - Midnight Superblue LV1
Obnoxious, NY - High Velocity, NY - Liberty, NY - Cousins, NY - Top Gun, NJ
On Target, NJ - Accurate, NJ - Skirmish, PA - CPX Sports, IL - Paintball Explosion, IL - P&L, MA - Pev's, VA

Soul06 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 07:52 PM #4
Zerolatency

Zerolatency is playing at Living Legends V
Zerolatency has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Zerolatency has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
I've been to both places and i've had memberships at both. I lean toward pbx because of the location, its much closer for me. I do feel ike i can give a good comparison though. CPX has more money in their two main fields no doubt, bedlam is pretty fantastic, armegedon is a really cool idea and wastelands is right there with them. outside of the two/three main fields at CPX its a bunch of woods with props here and there and unless you are there for a big game or private play you don't get to see much of the woods anyway. PBX seems to use their fields much more evenly which gets you the variety and they have one fantastic thing going for them... drainage. It was an amusement park originally which means it was designed to drain and it keeps the fields from turning into a mud bath.

I have a favorite but if i were in the middle of both i would have a really tough time deciding. One thing CPX has going for it though Living Legends! Best weekend of paintballing in the country....
Zerolatency is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 10:38 AM #5
kidpaper

Been to cpx 2 weeks ago and its was a good place. My fav field was the one with the buildings and cars i think its bedlum or somethin like that. Im going to pbx is it any good. Gonna go this weekend
kidpaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 12:42 PM #6
Soul06

Soul06 supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidpaper View Post
Been to cpx 2 weeks ago and its was a good place. My fav field was the one with the buildings and cars i think its bedlum or somethin like that. Im going to pbx is it any good. Gonna go this weekend
Read both posts above yours

On Target, NJ - Accurate, NJ - Skirmish, PA - CPX Sports, IL - Paintball Explosion, IL - P&L, MA - Pev's, VA

Old 05-10-2012, 01:41 PM #7
NEVER-RIP Rick James
Paintball Explosion

Annual Supporting Member
NEVER-RIP Rick James is an Premier field/store owner
They are both good places, but i like Explosion better
Paintball Chicago
Indoor Paintball Chicago
Paintball Bomb online store
Facebook For more Field and Store info http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref...on/37794434786
TeamNEVER RIP in my heart till I die
NEVER-RIP Rick James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 08:36 AM #8
Zerolatency

Zerolatency is playing at Living Legends V
Zerolatency has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Zerolatency has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by NEVER-RIP Rick James View Post
lmao, i don't know if you can be an impartial judge on this one...
Zerolatency is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 10:23 AM #9
Soul06

Soul06 supports Empire
Quote:
Just putting this out there. My opinion CAN be persuaded. I'm just saying.......I'm just saying LOL

Old 05-12-2012, 08:32 AM #10
imanut2
Just some Nutt

Both parks are good...no doubt about that...along with Badlands, Fox, etc, we are lucky to have so many choices in such a close area...I know folks that have to drive well over an hour to play at fields that are half as nice...

..that said, the staff, fields, etc at PBE are awesome....staff is friendly, helpful, etc....nice variety of fields (and you don't have to walk far LOL)...and it's close to home...I think I'll go today :=)
imanut2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 09:57 PM #11
sptusa

sptusa owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Soul06 at PBX on Mothers day?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul06 View Post
PBX has some amazing fields. But CPX does as well. Especially Bedlam, Armageddon and Wastelands. You would be doing yourself a disservice to forgo one for the other. I've played many places and I can say that these two places are the best two places I have seen yet anywhere. Thats taking into consideration not just the fields but the staff and facilities as well.

Hey Buddy (Soul06), are we paintball together at PBX today on the Mothers day and we were talk about the High Velocity and Anthony from Island Paintball Arena?
Old 05-14-2012, 05:29 AM #12
Soul06

Soul06 supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by sptusa

Hey Buddy (Soul06), are we paintball together at PBX today on the Mothers day and we were talk about the High Velocity and Anthony from Island Paintball Arena?
I won't be out there, PBX, till end of the month. Can't wait though

Old 05-14-2012, 08:22 PM #13
sptusa

Quote:
I won't be out there, PBX, till end of the month. Can't wait though
by the end of the month I shall be at High Velocity and I'll be at the NPPL
Chicago 2012 this weekend!
Old 05-14-2012, 08:36 PM #14
Soul06

Soul06 supports Empire
So when my dudes and I come out from NY to IL you will be visiting NY from IL. Thats funny.

Your first time going to High Velocity? If so you are probably going to love WW2 and I know without a doubt you will like the Castle. The castle games get crazy because you never know where that next shot is gonna come from

Old 05-14-2012, 09:27 PM #15
sptusa

Quote:
So when my dudes and I come out from NY to IL you will be visiting NY from IL. Thats funny.

Your first time going to High Velocity? If so you are probably going to love WW2 and I know without a doubt you will like the Castle. The castle games get crazy because you never know where that next shot is gonna come from
I was original from Bayside,Queen have been High Velocity since they open and I regularly play at HV every 6 -8 weeks. WW2 defenetly are most player favorite but the castle I would leve it for the last game of the day to eliminate the paint when we miss the woods we go to the next door to visit the old friend "Cousin". have great fun and enjoy your paintball at Chicago!!!
Old 05-15-2012, 04:37 AM #16
Soul06

Soul06 supports Empire
Oh alright. And yeah the castle with definitely end your paint lol.
You enjoy playing on your old stomping grounds

Old 06-12-2012, 06:25 PM #17
rivrfreak
Percision is Power

rivrfreak plays in the PSP
rivrfreak is playing at Living Legends V
rivrfreak supports Team VICIOUS
rivrfreak supports Bob Gurnsey
rivrfreak supports our troops
rivrfreak plays in the APPA D4 division
I've worked at CPX for 3 years and I've started playing at PBX weekly for about 3-4 months. CPX definitely has much more money put into their facility and they have everything any paintball field has and more. We generally have 30+ referees on hand on weekends depending on the amount of private groups. Arm and Bedlam both cost over a million to build and wastelands... uncomparable. I disagree with the above post that says you don't get to play on the woodsball fields because on weekends they rotate between at least 2 open groups that players are welcomed into jumping into and they rotate throughout probably 10 out of the 20+ fields we have.

PBX has a great facility as well and I practice airball with my team every week. They seem to have a smaller group of refs but they seem to be a nice group of guys, one of which I've actually hung out with out of work. They don't have nearly the amount of fields as CPX but the couple I played were neat and resembled call of duty maps!

You definitely need to check them both out for yourself as everything in paintball is personal preference.

ChicagoAggressive
rivrfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 03:10 AM #18
UnholyDemon8
Iowa State Cyclones

UnholyDemon8 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
UnholyDemon8 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
UnholyDemon8 is an NCPA player
UnholyDemon8 supports Empire
Personally im gonna say CPX with this one. My experiance at PBX was very discouraging and i can say im never going back there. I went there just for airball and got the 65 dollar case an entry which seemed like a good deal until i opened the bag. It seemed like the were storing there paint at room temperature for a while because it was huge. I could barely jam it down my .693 barrel of my geo 2 and when i complained about the giant paint size i was sent on a goose chase to the tech who then told me my gun was fine, then go back inside and got a "lesson" on how to lube my bolt because it wasnt the paints fault apparently. Even after it being cleamed amd lubed by hopefully a certified tech i was shooting way too many breaks. It wasnt just me either my friend couldn't even play it was so bad. It was very disappointing to drive 2 hours just to leave frustrated and upset. Thats why i prefer CPX to me it seems more profesional and the refs seem way more knowledgeable though. The indoor speedball field was also set up in a very odd way. Just not a pleasant experiance for me and i won't be returning.
UnholyDemon8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 03:27 PM #19
NEVER-RIP Rick James
Paintball Explosion

Annual Supporting Member
NEVER-RIP Rick James is an Premier field/store owner
Im sorry you did not enjoy your experience here. It seems as if most of the negative events you listed are related to your gun. I wish you brought this to our attention when you were here. We fixed the dwell settings on your gun, lubed it, changed the dead battery, test fired it for you. These repairs and replacement was done at no charge. We did not get any negative reports about the paint from anyone else. The field was set up with the same layout as the MPPL event the day before. Everyone we talked to had a good time. We change the layout all the time. I hope you reconsider coming back to our park.
Paintball Chicago
Indoor Paintball Chicago
Paintball Bomb online store
Facebook For more Field and Store info http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref...on/37794434786
TeamNEVER RIP in my heart till I die
NEVER-RIP Rick James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 08:21 AM #20
Errakus

Errakus has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Errakus is attending Decay of Nations VI
Quote:
Im sorry you did not enjoy your experience here. It seems as if most of the negative events you listed are related to your gun. I wish you brought this to our attention when you were here. We fixed the dwell settings on your gun, lubed it, changed the dead battery, test fired it for you. These repairs and replacement was done at no charge. We did not get any negative reports about the paint from anyone else. The field was set up with the same layout as the MPPL event the day before. Everyone we talked to had a good time. We change the layout all the time. I hope you reconsider coming back to our park.
Sounds like he just owned himself, also I prefer PBX to CPX... And it's a farther drive for me (I am in Bolingbrook)

They have the best airball field I have found, although, the turf could have been anchored or layered a bit better. I went a few weeks after opening and slid under the turf... The middle "strip" should be on top of the outside strips, not the other way around, so if you slide you don't go under (Maybe it was just the snake side set up this way)

CPX has Bedlam and Armageddon, and 2 other fun fields in the woods... If you like running those two fields back to back, which sometimes I do, then go to CPX

O'hare is also pretty great in winter, but their field is a little small so sometimes advanced players can wait AWHILE in-between games.

Last edited by Errakus : 07-23-2012 at 08:26 AM.
Errakus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 09:40 PM #21
rocket21

I have been playing at PBX for 2 years now and I would like to see different varieties of paint offered at different prices. When I bring both my boys the paint gets expensive quick. Would be nice to see a $50 a case option added to the list. I paid 200 bucks for each of us to have a case of paint in the last senario game and we are all members. We dont play very often due to the paint cost, just cant afford it. If it was cheaper we could play more often. Fox Paintball is bring your own paint and I can get their field paint for $30 a case! I dont need DXS Silver to have fun, give me a cheaper ball for 30-40 bucks a case with your white fill and let us choose which case we want to buy.

Fox Paintball..........................
Prices include tax, Exclusive Members only Prices

Qty 2000 Fox Basic : $45, Fox Field: $50 Fox Custom: $55

I have shot the field paint and it shoots fantastic.

Last edited by rocket21 : 07-24-2012 at 09:55 PM. Reason: ..
rocket21 is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyRegional Ups