Old 09-02-2012, 07:16 PM #22
bignasty sns
Addison Winstead

bignasty sns plays in the PSP
bignasty sns owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
bignasty sns supports Team VICIOUS
bignasty sns is an NCPA player
I thought the refs did alright...field one refs seemed to respond faster

I was seeing a lack of penalties on Saturday when there should have been one.
Also saw a ref wipe off a kid that got shot in the back by his own teammate...and he saw the paint hit him

Overall a good event, besides the horrible rain

Though the rain did let me do some awesome fat man slides
"DM19" Mark Dusa
bignasty sns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 07:18 PM #23
regispark05

Field 2 : one of my guys gun went down so we had a back up , well that back up was set to the old psp mode which was 15 . My guy got is gun and Id taken away from him for all the prelims . I know it's our fault for the gun heres when **** gets ****ed . 1 of our matchs it comes down to a 1 on 1 my guy gets shot well come to find out the other player was shooting 12.8 . I ask the head ref for either to redo the point or give us the point . No penalty was give to the player shooting hot the head ref said that only a warning was giving and the other team and they will get the point . Granted my guy was way over but it was already about the 5th game in . The head ref was rude and unfair . If I didn't pay for entry or paint I wouldnt give a **** . But if Im paying good money I deserve some fairness . Tapper please check that head ref I know I'm not the only 1

TAMPA BAY DAMAGE fanclub - #128
OLLIE LANG fanclub - #243
SEAN MCDONALD fanclub - #86
MIKE SOLA fanclub - #22
regispark05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 07:25 PM #24
saints11

saints11 plays in the PSP
saints11 supports Cereal Killerz 2
saints11 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
saints11 plays in the APPA D2 division
i had fun playing in the rain was a blast! But i agree there needs to be one full time reff crew.. that is all good times like always

PG RISE>PG UNITED>PG RISE
saints11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 08:01 PM #25
Woodroc
Asylum Trueballers

Annual Supporting Member
Woodroc is BST Trusted
Woodroc is playing at Living Legends VII
Woodroc owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Woodroc has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Woodroc supports Empire
I had a fun event even though we missed the cut . Reffing ( insert fart noises here ) . Kennys fields still best in the Midsouth ! Big thanks to him and his staff for all the hard work they do!
Old 09-02-2012, 09:22 PM #26
Xfactor1331
Proving Grounds Or Die.

Xfactor1331 plays in the PSP
Xfactor1331 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Xfactor1331 plays in the APPA D3 division
But foreal thanks again tapper only his league you can play both divisions and not get your wallet raped somehow
Josh Pookie Powell Fan #1
PG RISE FOREVER
Xfactor1331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 09:28 PM #27
LIL LEG
Camel

LIL LEG plays in the PSP
LIL LEG owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
LIL LEG owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
LIL LEG plays in the APPA D3 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrismeisterpmc View Post
It was fun, a lot of bad calls but I'm not complaining. Congratulations to LSD for taking the win! You all are a great group of guys! Hopefully we get to see LSD and Defiance next season! Even though you guys are our biggest competition out there it's just like playing against a group of our friends in the end.

3RA Saints Army
thank you hope to see you guys at cup.
Old 09-02-2012, 09:30 PM #28
Lolerskating Champ
batboy coif

Lolerskating Champ plays in the PSP
Lolerskating Champ is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Lolerskating Champ plays in the APPA D3 division
The refs need to chrono players. A player of ours got shot and it destroyed the pod. Its a shame safety was neglected this event. No way should a pod ever shatter from as far away as he was from the player shooting him. Great series overall for the price, but I guess sometimes you get what you paid for.
Lolerskating Champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 09:35 PM #29
Andocommando
Honey Badger don't care

has been a member for 10 years
Andocommando plays in the PSP
Andocommando plays in the APPA D3 division
We got chronoed plenty of times

www.facebook.com/paintballarkansas
Andocommando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 09:40 PM #30
Angel Kid 09

Great venue, great teams, terrible weather, and terrible Reffing on field 2. They had 0 knowledge of the rules. If I recall the head ref came to put pits and said "there will be no more lenancy on leaving the start station earlier, if you do IT IS WHAT IT IS".... Still trying to figure out what that means but great tournament series really excited to see what changes it brings next season.
Angel Kid 09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 09:47 PM #31
rrpntballer
Skeet.

rrpntballer plays in the PSP
rrpntballer owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
rrpntballer is an NCPA player
rrpntballer plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andocommando View Post
We got chronoed plenty of times
I was chronoed twice all day Saturday.

Anyways, it was a pretty good event. Isaac held off for most of the day which was legit. The evil this time around shot pretty damn good. There was definitely a lack of penalties in my opinion.

The series was great and it was our team's first time in D4x, so we had a good time.

Everybody Wants To Go To Heaven, But Nobody Wants To Die.
rrpntballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 09:52 PM #32
Andocommando
Honey Badger don't care

has been a member for 10 years
Andocommando plays in the PSP
Andocommando plays in the APPA D3 division
Sunday was a whole nother story then I guess

www.facebook.com/paintballarkansas
Andocommando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 10:55 PM #33
Xfactor1331
Proving Grounds Or Die.

Xfactor1331 plays in the PSP
Xfactor1331 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Xfactor1331 plays in the APPA D3 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolerskating Champ View Post
The refs need to chrono players. A player of ours got shot and it destroyed the pod. Its a shame safety was neglected this event. No way should a pod ever shatter from as far away as he was from the player shooting him. Great series overall for the price, but I guess sometimes you get what you paid for.
Did you play for smoking aces?..... Never mind bro i know who you play for now
Josh Pookie Powell Fan #1
PG RISE FOREVER

Last edited by Xfactor1331 : 09-02-2012 at 11:24 PM. Reason: I GOTCHU
Xfactor1331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 11:04 PM #34
HKArmyKid219
502 killer

HKArmyKid219 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
HKArmyKid219 supports Team VICIOUS
HKArmyKid219 is for the Gunfight
HKArmyKid219 plays in the APPA beginner division
HKArmyKid219 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
HKArmyKid219 is attending Decay of Nations VI
We only got chrono'd one time while on field. I'm giving MSXL one more shot. I love everything about it, except the refs. The refs is what royally pissed me off. I'm the team captain, the ref wouldn't talk to me. Apparently he didn't have to answer to me and had more important things to do. What are those, sit on your *** and call bull**** calls? I did everything Darin said to do during the captains meeting and the ref was still a *******. Like I said, great venue, great prices great everything. Only thing I'd like to see change is the refs.
Old 09-02-2012, 11:06 PM #35
SkInNyB
B GATES

Annual Supporting Member
SkInNyB is a Supporting Member
SkInNyB plays in the USPL
SkInNyB plays in the PSP
SkInNyB owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
SkInNyB plays in the APPA D3 division
I had a great time on saturday as well as the entire season. Playing on saturday and reffing on sunday made things a lot better but I do have to say on saturday there was some pretty terrible reffing but I understand the situation and for what was even possible they did an alright job with what they had. I had an amazing time in this series and I hope it only continues to grow, I would for sure be interested in being a full time reff for the next season.
FREE AGENT

R.I.P. CPL Zach Nordmeyer, Jordan Bowles
FBC
SkInNyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 11:28 PM #36
SkInNyB
B GATES

Annual Supporting Member
SkInNyB is a Supporting Member
SkInNyB plays in the USPL
SkInNyB plays in the PSP
SkInNyB owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
SkInNyB plays in the APPA D3 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by aieou View Post
After having taken a step back for years and coming back to the game; I am concerned with one thing - professionalism. Many teams were letting their emotions get the best of them (ours included) and this led to a great deal of negativity; including - yelling at each other after the game was over, bonus balling people even when they didn't cheat, and overall acting with no class.

There are more than just 'paintball people' there watching the games. You guys represent a very small, shrinking community; and to the bystanders there, I would not be impressed by certain peoples actions, and in all honesty I am kind of upset with what I had returned to. That bush league mentality will not help our sport expand. It is all of our responsibilities to attract as many people as possible, and today, a few of us (in both divisions), failed miserably to promote paintball in a positive manner.

-Joe Bennet

BOOM
FREE AGENT

R.I.P. CPL Zach Nordmeyer, Jordan Bowles
FBC
SkInNyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 07:23 AM #37
soldierup08

soldierup08 plays in the PSP
soldierup08 owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
soldierup08 plays in the APPA D4 division
soldierup08 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Just wondering if rules 3.11.4.5. If a penalty is assessed during the break period immediately prior to a point the team is scheduled to play, the team will start short one player for each player that would normally be eliminated by the penalty. and rule3.4 don't matter because those rules cost us finals because of the decision being overturned by a scorekeeper and last i checked a time/scorekeeper doesn't make changes to a head refs call. Know Your place and do YOUR job. Refs on field two on saturday were a little lazy saw a few wipe off obvious hit and call guys clean. Field 1 sunday ref crew was on it as always. other than those same things the whole league has been complainong about all year I had a blast. 3ra looking forward to seeing you guys next year.
Sauls #09
Clarksville Defiance
Red Leg Action Sports
Valken
SLY
Ninja
Virtue
soldierup08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 07:25 AM #38
gfibe958

Well put aieou
Old 09-03-2012, 08:09 AM #39
Blusylver

As much i would hate not playing wiseguys next year it seems like they are the only crew that is worth keeping.

Dan and his boys are another great crew.

I know darin you said you didnt want to raise the cost of entry, but i dont think teams would mind paying say 100 more if that extra money went to paying GOOD refs. Thats almost 3000 extra per event going just to refs. Im sure that would do alot in convincing a good crew to ref the series.

Just my 2 cents
Old 09-03-2012, 08:10 AM #40
COjosh
Hate-Kill-Destroy

Quote:
Originally Posted by aieou View Post
I was there today (Sunday). This was my first time at this field. I was not playing (Coaching EFFECT) and I can tell you without a doubt, that this field was one of the most impressive, very well set-up, and ran fields that I have seen and the refs are all good people trying to make the right calls to the best of their ability. We had some issue with paint purchasing, but there are politics in every spectrum of this world.

After having taken a step back for years and coming back to the game; I am concerned with one thing - professionalism. Many teams were letting their emotions get the best of them (ours included) and this led to a great deal of negativity; including - yelling at each other after the game was over, bonus balling people even when they didn't cheat, and overall acting with no class.

There are more than just 'paintball people' there watching the games. You guys represent a very small, shrinking community; and to the bystanders there, I would not be impressed by certain peoples actions, and in all honesty I am kind of upset with what I had returned to. That bush league mentality will not help our sport expand. It is all of our responsibilities to attract as many people as possible, and today, a few of us (in both divisions), failed miserably to promote paintball in a positive manner.

-Joe Bennett
Man, Joe...we sure can tell that you graduated college from that post!

...well done sir, well done...

Sorry I wasn't there to hang out with you man, with back surgery and all, I'll catch you at the next one!

-JB
OG Gearbag Sale-BUY MY STUFF!!
OG Flexes FST
SEXY Splash Minimag F/S/T
COjosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 12:06 PM #41
eforce
Factory PB

Annual Supporting Member
eforce is a Moderator
eforce plays in the PSP
eforce is an NCPA player
I thought it was a great event and the refs toughed it out despite some pretty nasty weather. Big thank you to all the MSXL/Asylum people that made this event possible. The only thing I'd like to see change next season is for refs to penalize players more aggressively for spinning after they get bunkered. That seemed to be the cause of most controversies I saw. After a few flags come out, players will tend to settle down and stop doing it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HKArmyKid219 View Post
We only got chrono'd one time while on field. I'm giving MSXL one more shot. I love everything about it, except the refs. The refs is what royally pissed me off. I'm the team captain, the ref wouldn't talk to me. Apparently he didn't have to answer to me and had more important things to do. What are those, sit on your *** and call bull**** calls? I did everything Darin said to do during the captains meeting and the ref was still a *******. Like I said, great venue, great prices great everything. Only thing I'd like to see change is the refs.
Refs pulled out the chrono for every point we played on field 2... maybe that was just us though.

Did you try to talk to the ref during the game, or afterward? They announced at the captain's meeting that the team captain may discuss a call with the head ref after the point has ended. Refs should not be communicating with you during the game. It's not a matter of respect or courtesy - it interferes with their ability to officiate the game being played.
eforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 12:13 PM #42
HKArmyKid219
502 killer

HKArmyKid219 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
HKArmyKid219 supports Team VICIOUS
HKArmyKid219 is for the Gunfight
HKArmyKid219 plays in the APPA beginner division
HKArmyKid219 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
HKArmyKid219 is attending Decay of Nations VI
It was after.