Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-02-2012, 11:30 PM #170
ToLiveInInfamy
WHO WANTS IT?PIGS

Quote:
Originally Posted by undrdg View Post
Allow me to retort:
i have known Phil for almost 10 years. We all came up through the ranks. All of us from the northwest have a rich history of GRINDING with teams like Cartel, Naughty Dogs, Naughty Dogs Silver, G&C Electric,Uprising, Nurv, BoneBrake Factory, EXILE. We have played and won tournament that you never even knew existed. Anyone who comes on this forum and has said they these guys have NOT paid their dues, is sadly mistaken.
The way all the leagues are structured now, there is no possible way to earn your spot in the pros unless you are invited and live in CALI or Texas to be on a pro team. All the teams that are pro now, where invited by the current leagues to continue to play at the pro level.
To criticize Phoenix Contact for trying to move up the ranks and build something that could possibly be a blueprint for future pros is to criticize your own aspirations to achieve becoming a professional paintball player. Don't be stupid and hate on them. Arizona now has a vehicle to achieve those dreams for you, randmom rookie paintball player. Embrace the grind and you too might be rewarded with a shot to become pro.
Otherwise keep playing rookie tournaments in the desert of Arizona and become yet another statistical failed rookie player with no were to go but home, or california, or texas, cuz lets face it, you have to move there to get on a PRO team anyway.
Thank you for reading
sincerely:

OLD paintballer that started playing before you were out of diapers.
i have references.
Quote:
Originally Posted by txfire01 View Post
I didn't realize that Texas was such a hotbed for professional paintball.. Please point me to the other Pro teams around so I can schedule
A practice.
hahaha
Old 10-02-2012, 11:50 PM #171
YohY

Quote:
Originally Posted by undrdg View Post
Allow me to retort:
i have known Phil for almost 10 years. We all came up through the ranks. All of us from the northwest have a rich history of GRINDING with teams like Cartel, Naughty Dogs, Naughty Dogs Silver, G&C Electric,Uprising, Nurv, BoneBrake Factory, EXILE. We have played and won tournament that you never even knew existed. Anyone who comes on this forum and has said they these guys have NOT paid their dues, is sadly mistaken.
The way all the leagues are structured now, there is no possible way to earn your spot in the pros unless you are invited and live in CALI or Texas to be on a pro team. All the teams that are pro now, where invited by the current leagues to continue to play at the pro level.
To criticize Phoenix Contact for trying to move up the ranks and build something that could possibly be a blueprint for future pros is to criticize your own aspirations to achieve becoming a professional paintball player. Don't be stupid and hate on them. Arizona now has a vehicle to achieve those dreams for you, randmom rookie paintball player. Embrace the grind and you too might be rewarded with a shot to become pro.
Otherwise keep playing rookie tournaments in the desert of Arizona and become yet another statistical failed rookie player with no were to go but home, or california, or texas, cuz lets face it, you have to move there to get on a PRO team anyway.
Thank you for reading
sincerely:

OLD paintballer that started playing before you were out of diapers.
i have references.
No dispespect but there are few players who really care about what happened a decade ago. It means nothing. Like most sports paintball has progressed. The old timers and teams you mention could not compete at the top level today. You seem to make fun of the AZ rookie tournments yet if you read this thread it appears a good portion of this "pro" team up made up of just that - players playing rookie tournments in AZ. The same players you are making fun of in your comments. Why is it so many people are "hating" as you say? People just bored or is there something behind it.

This will all be decided this week - either Contact will shut people up or be back to playing AZ rookie tournments.
YohY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 11:51 PM #172
pedrofb19
Sweet stroller ***

Annual Supporting Member
pedrofb19 plays in the PSP
pedrofb19 donated to help Peyton Trent
pedrofb19 plays in the APPA D3 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by TBDJoey View Post
You have no clue
In derder's bring out your dead archie says they didn't earn their pro nppl spot. they bought it. so...
pedrofb19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 12:14 AM #173
ActionExpress
Alex Williams

ActionExpress plays in the PSP
ActionExpress plays in the APPA Pro division
The more teams in either league the better.
Dye Precision
Santa Clara Paintball

Last edited by ActionExpress : 10-03-2012 at 12:17 AM.
ActionExpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 02:23 AM #174
stjimmy13
Bonus Baller

stjimmy13 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
stjimmy13 plays in the APPA beginner division
Those teams and those tournaments undrdg mentioned were more like 5 years ago and would absolutely have what it takes to play pro. Many of the pieces of those teams are playing pro for somebody else now.

The man knows his ****. Also I'm not certain, but if I'm thinking of the the right guy then he used to sponsor my tiny little rookie team and I wanted to say thanks.

EDIT: This weekend will let us know what is really up anyway.
Rocking the #14 for those who can't. RIP little brother.
We go hard 7 days a week so on Saturday were ready to make it to Sunday.
~ FACE RAPING MUPPUT MOWER ~
stjimmy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 08:57 AM #175
ArchAngelIon
VSBGODB

ArchAngelIon plays in the PSP
ArchAngelIon owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
ArchAngelIon posts videos on PbNation
ArchAngelIon is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
Impact
Avalanche
XSV
Explicit

getem

Looking for Classic video games, will trade dollars: http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...7#post82009777
ArchAngelIon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 10:44 AM #176
xxinvision

xxinvision plays in the PSP
xxinvision plays in the APPA D3 division
I'll give them a fair chance beating Avalanche.
Blow-out by Impact, and losing by 2 games to XSV and Explicit.
I hope you guys prove me wrong, but thats a honest prediction.
White Rotor FS
OG Dynasty Ollie Lang Jersey FS
xxinvision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 01:32 PM #177
LittleH8kid

LittleH8kid supports Pev's Paintball
LittleH8kid plays in the APPA D2 division
X-Factor was team with some notable podium finishes in high Div that proved they could compete. They bought their Pro spot in 2008 and won HB

Contact has a few older pro players and a lot of "no name" players but also bought their Pro spot.

The difference is that X-Factor had some kind of history before they went pro. Best of luck to Contact but i dont see them doing well without picking some players with notable names in the future.
LittleH8kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 02:12 PM #178
txfire01

Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
txfire01 is a Professional paintball player
Quote:
Originally Posted by pedrofb19 View Post
In derder's bring out your dead archie says they didn't earn their pro nppl spot. they bought it. so...
Alright it's time to put this to bed because i'm tired of this erroneous comparison.

We (X-Factor) went Pro half way through the 2006 PSP season after being asked by the league to bump up to balance the brackets out to 16 teams. They were wanting to run 4 brackets of 4 teams. We had won the D1 series in 2005 and we were already having success in 2006 in D1 (I believe a 1st & a 3rd). We went on to make sunday out first Pro event.

In 2007 the NPPL was using a relegation/promotion system for semi-pro & Pro. With the PSP pro playing full X-Ball matches at the time requiring a big roster we entered two semi-pro teams so all of our guys could play. Our two teams won 3 out of the 5 semi-pro events & took a second & third at others. Unfortunately with our talent spread out and switching out wining between the two X-Factor teams we missed out on being promoted for the Pro spot. We then purchased a open Pro spot and went on to Win Huntington Beach in PRO the very next event.

Although I wish Contact luck. It is ridiculous to compare our entrance into the PRO ranks to theirs. We were already a PRO team in the PSP for a year and a half before purchasing a PRO spot in the NPPL. A Spot in a league we were clearly 100% qualified to play in. Arguing with Joey Blute (one of the most knowledgeable people in Professional Paintball) over a clip from derder movie is simply delusional.
txfire01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 02:52 PM #179
Begin Lurking Now
Halp

pwnt. My friends are taking bets on contact! ovr or under 5 total game wins. Any takers?
Old 10-03-2012, 03:40 PM #180
anti55hero

I dont know why Xfactor was brought up. The only team in recent history to enter the league the way we have was Uprising. They didnt get the attention we are getting however because of the fact that we (it was my team until that point) had been around. However, what people dont understand is that it was a 90% different team than that of what people knew of. I know this because when they were given the pro spot, I was supposed to be a part of that team, but living in Arizona was not conducive for that so the helm went to Tommy to take over and run it (and he has done a great job). They had to then build a roster (AFTER getting the pro spot). They then went on to take 3rd place their second event.

Xfactor came into the PSP strong, regardless of "Buying" a spot......Every pro team "buys" their spot......i dont understand why people keep saying we "bought our spot" or that some other teams didn't. Every pro team pays to play the events just like every divisional team (in some fashion or another). I played against Xfactor their first pro event in the NXL. I also played against them when they were playing Semipro NPPL. They are not even a topic of discussion here, and were a good choice from promotion to the pro division.

As for taking bets on us winning or losing. Have fun, it is Vegas, you might as well. If we win 5 total games, awesome. Its more pro games won than if we would have turned the opportunity down.......

Also, in regards to players not caring about what happened a decade ago, the only players that completely disregard this are the ones that weren't around a decade ago. Some of us took some time off, paintball doesn't pay the bills. However, you never lose the fundamentals of paintball. The part that takes a decade to learn. The part that is even stronger in the players that played NXL at 15 balls per second full auto, or 10 man, or back in the pan am days of limited paint. Concepts of format direction many new players would never accept.

At the end of the day, paintball is a game. The leagues are ran by the industry and the pro teams. Those are the entities that have given us this opportunity. Im not expecting to win the event, but the standards I hold of the team are very professional, and this team will develop, regardless of who wins your bets.

We look forward to seeing everyone in Vegas!

Join the SWPPL Senate - https://www.facebook.com/groups/200861693364334/

Phoenix CONTACT - Powered by - BOB LONG, VIRTUE, VALKEN, HK ARMY, SLY, GOG, CENSYS DESIGN LAB,
anti55hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 04:28 PM #181
aquadgio1
Im your huckleberry

aquadgio1 is a Supporting Member
aquadgio1 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
aquadgio1 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Thumbs up

I though the intent of this thread was to welcome a new pro team to the ranks, not to bash them? Good luck in Vegas as to all the other teams who signed up.
NEXUS SHOOTING VID
Black Widow Paintball
Krush's Paint & Air
Stick-Em Paintball
Velocity Paintball
aquadgio1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 04:56 PM #182
FoidPoosening
www.ArmoryPaintball.com

Annual Supporting Member
FoidPoosening donated to help Peyton Trent
FoidPoosening is playing at Living Legends VI
FoidPoosening supports Bob Gurnsey
FoidPoosening supports our troops
FoidPoosening has achieved Level 6 in PbNation Pursuit
FoidPoosening is Legendary
FoidPoosening is Boss
Quote:
Originally Posted by txfire01 View Post
I didn't realize that Texas was such a hotbed for professional paintball.. Please point me to the other Pro teams around so I can schedule
A practice.
Umph. Best post in the thread.

However, best of luck to everyone involved. Really surprised to see so much drama before this team even has a chance to play.
Old 10-03-2012, 05:15 PM #183
MicHauŠ¹²
I Do My Own Stunts

MicHauŠ¹² owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquadgio1 View Post
I though the intent of this thread was to welcome a new pro team to the ranks, not to bash them? Good luck in Vegas as to all the other teams who signed up.
Ill welcome them after they place in a pro event

Mainepb.com
"Originally posted by DYE=cool: One time, me and my friends used marijuana needles, to make a long story short my penis fell off."

People that say agg need to die in a fire
MicHauŠ¹² is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 07:10 PM #184
Nick Brockdorff

Nick Brockdorff posts videos on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by MicHauŠ¹² View Post
Don't you mean "when they play me at a Pro event"?

- or will you just be in the stands, watching?

Nick Brockdorff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 09:10 PM #185
anthrax4dinner
You Are A _______!

anthrax4dinner supports Team VICIOUS
anthrax4dinner supports Team VICIOUS
anthrax4dinner is for the Gunfight
anthrax4dinner is for the Gunfight
anthrax4dinner supports DLX Technology
im excited,...i always like to see new blood and in my opinion you need a different color than infamous
Old 10-03-2012, 09:28 PM #186
undrdg
RIP Larry Alexander

Quote:
Originally Posted by YohY View Post
No dispespect but there are few players who really care about what happened a decade ago. It means nothing. Like most sports paintball has progressed. The old timers and teams you mention could not compete at the top level today. You seem to make fun of the AZ rookie tournments yet if you read this thread it appears a good portion of this "pro" team up made up of just that - players playing rookie tournments in AZ. The same players you are making fun of in your comments. Why is it so many people are "hating" as you say? People just bored or is there something behind it.

This will all be decided this week - either Contact will shut people up or be back to playing AZ rookie tournments.
Sir
I Stopped playing in 2010. Is paintball not "POINTY END TOWARDS ENEMY?" anymore? But i assure you that you would not be playing today if it wasn't for those washed up players from a decade ago.

My point is simple, if your state (arizona) gets a pro team, then you benefit because of the grind. You get to play pros. You get to grind with pros. You get eyes on the paintball scene in arizona at a national level. Simply put, you get better because the competition got better, in your state, and now you don't have to dive to california and or texas (Xfactor, Texas Storm) to grind with other great talent.

Does that make more sense?
And yes i consider texas a hot bed for talent, otherwise how does Xfactor replenish its players? By flying them in from other state? Why not grow them in your own back yard. What about texas storm? A lot of great players come from texas.

Lastly, my point isn't to make fun of rookies, but to make fun of the very rookies that are knocking phoenix contact because they are now pro.
Sir, are pro team in arizona, no matter how it was attained is good for you. IT gives you the opportunity if you are good enough and work hard to be pro, without killing your bank account.

Comprende madre padre?
undrdg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 09:34 PM #187
Swizz
Sniper

Swizz is a founding member
Swizz plays in the APPA D2 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by MicHauŠ¹² View Post
You suck 187's dick and they haven't placed in a pro event. They will but they haven't yet. You make no sense.
Old 10-03-2012, 09:41 PM #188
Begin Lurking Now
Halp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swizz View Post
You suck 187's dick and they haven't placed in a pro event. They will but they haven't yet. You make no sense.

Roflcopter!!!!!!!

187 had a stellar reccord in D1 PSP like... last year?. You have a non memorable record in old leagues on old teams nobody cares about.

Pro? HA!
Old 10-03-2012, 09:43 PM #189
Yo_Momma

Yo_Momma plays in the PSP
Yo_Momma is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyNews Ups

Paintball News Rules
  1. No Upping threads. If you have something to say, please do, but don't post in the thread just to take it to the top of the forum.
  2. Do not post "1st post", "1st", "First post" or anything similar (or with any other number) at any point in a thread, even if you post a comment too. It is really annoying and it will result in a ban.
  3. If you don't like something, say why instead of just calling it ugly, lame, gay or any other name. If it is old, simply post a link or report the post with a link to the older News thread.
  4. Please don't post links for places to buy items. That encourages stores, sponsored players and other people to do it and spam the site.
If you have questions, please post them in the Talk to Mods/Admins forum.