Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

ReplyNews Ups

Old 10-08-2012, 09:34 AM #253
Julio Jones

So next year I am thinking D2, maybe D1...
Julio Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-08-2012, 11:06 AM #254
MicHauŠ¹²
I Do My Own Stunts

MicHauŠ¹² owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Play D1 next year and if you place in the top 2 overall for the season then move up to pro maybe

Mainepb.com
"Originally posted by DYE=cool: One time, me and my friends used marijuana needles, to make a long story short my penis fell off."

People that say agg need to die in a fire
MicHauŠ¹² is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 11:44 AM #255
Begin Lurking Now
Halp

I'd say d3 or d2 would be a good fit.

Old 10-08-2012, 01:13 PM #256
Kazer

has been a member for 10 years
Kazer supports DLX Technology
Contact did fine for the first event. Hope they keep grinding and take the lessons of the weekend and turn it to a positive moving forward.
Kazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 02:07 PM #257
Splat209

Splat209 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Splat209 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Splat209 is attending Decay of Nations VI
d1 they would probably finish top 10

"in the grind, it's my time to shine"

ebay username to see feedback:tperez838
Splat209 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 05:53 PM #258
YohY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazer View Post
Contact did fine for the first event. Hope they keep grinding and take the lessons of the weekend and turn it to a positive moving forward.
Seriously? They did not win a single 7 on 7 POINT. One way to tell is how did they do against the weakest team in their bracket. Not even close to competitive. How many times did they have to rush to get 7 on the field? How many times was it commented their snake player got shot out crawling on thier knees thus exposing themselves?

NPPL should be embarrased.
YohY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 06:02 PM #259
mattbutcher
Matt Butcher Media

mattbutcher is playing at Living Legends VI
mattbutcher owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
mattbutcher posts videos on PbNation
mattbutcher supports DLX Technology
the first time i saw them playing impact i thought they were infamous. hahaha. they did ok for their first nppl pro tournament!
Old 10-08-2012, 06:07 PM #260
Nick Brockdorff

Nick Brockdorff posts videos on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by YohY View Post
Seriously? They did not win a single 7 on 7 POINT. One way to tell is how did they do against the weakest team in their bracket. Not even close to competitive. How many times did they have to rush to get 7 on the field? How many times was it commented their snake player got shot out crawling on thier knees thus exposing themselves?

In all your outrage..... you should remember one thing:

Anyone can buy a spot, in any of the 3 major leagues.... and put whomever they choose on the roster.

Anyone who owns a Pro franchise - or License as it is called in Europe - can choose to sell that franchise.... and if a franchise is defaulted upon, so can the league.

And even if that was not allowed anymore..... the PSP does not have a promotion/relegation system in place, so a great team could be stuck in Division 1 forever, with no viable way into the major division.

So, lets keep the outrage to a minimum, shall we? - Paintball is not a democratic sport, and the business owners that own our sport can do what they want, and we as customers can then elect to discontinue being customers - but that is our only option

Nick Brockdorff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 06:17 PM #261
raehl
NCPA President

Annual Supporting Member
raehl is a Supporting Member
raehl plays in the PSP
raehl supports our troops
raehl is an NCPA National Champion
raehl plays in the APPA D5 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Brockdorff View Post
Anyone can buy a spot, in any of the 3 major leagues.... and put whomever they choose on the roster.
Quote:
And even if that was not allowed anymore..... the PSP does not have a promotion/relegation system in place, so a great team could be stuck in Division 1 forever, with no viable way into the major division.
Aren't those mutually exclusive?

- Chris

National Collegiate Paintball Association, President - http://www.ncpapaintball.com

American Paintball Players Association - www.paintball-players.org
raehl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 06:18 PM #262
anti55hero

Quote:

Mark (YohY, we know its you), it really is time for you to stop worrying about what Phoenix Contact is or will be doing. We know you love PSP, and we know you were analyzing the webcast, and we also know your opinions. The NPPL actually ran a fantastic event this weekend, and should have nothing to be embarrassed about. Fortunately, you have no idea what was taking place in our pits, with our gear, with our penalty's, or any of the other million things that could take place. We were not trying to impress you or anyone else. The teams we played were VERY supportive of us, Avalanche helped us pit and let us use their equipment when ours didn't work, XSV gave us tips on how to be a little more present on the field, Impact supported us against the refs when they made bad calls and multiple Explicit players came to our pit after the game and shook our hands and gave us props for stepping up to the level. These are teams we were directly playing against, and that were destroying us like they should. How is it that they can be so supportive of our efforts yet you cant sleep at night without having the need to vomit out your opinion on every component or our business? We are making the adjustments we need to, as has every other pro team after a terrible showing (which we knew was likely to happen). We will be playing next year, regardless of internet opinions, which have no merit. The NPPL will be around next year and is expecting to grow, as it should with their race to format, which in my opinion is more efficient and more fun to play than the PSP's format, although they are both now very very similar.

Keep supporting Elevation, its a good thing to have multiple teams out of a region as big as Phoenix/Arizona. There is not really any need to have so much animosity towards another group of guys. All of which go to work during the week just like everyone else, and play paintball for all the reasons everyone else gets into it. All of my guys work hard to build the sport of paintball and offer competitive outlets and bring people up with the right attitudes. You constantly look down on them, feel the need to talk bad about them, and put into context some rivalry that doesn't actually exist.

We had a great experience in Vegas this weekend. I hope the NPPL expands the Race to 7 man format to the lower divisions so they have the opportunity to experience it. If teams are hesitant to play the NPPL based on the past couple years, they are definitely heading in the right direction. This event was on par with the 2006/2007 events I played when they were at a high. Give them another shot next season!

Join the SWPPL Senate - https://www.facebook.com/groups/200861693364334/

Phoenix CONTACT - Powered by - BOB LONG, VIRTUE, VALKEN, HK ARMY, SLY, GOG, CENSYS DESIGN LAB,
anti55hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 06:39 PM #263
Jtran

Jtran owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Jtran plays in the APPA D5 division
Jtran supports Empire
congrats!, hope they'll be killing it next season

Northend Notorious - FoxBall 2012
Rochester Raptors - FoxBall 2013
Boston Brutality - FoxBall 2014
Jtran is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 06:53 PM #264
undrdg
RIP Larry Alexander

Quote:

Dude, seriously what is your problem. Did phil shoot you in the face the first time you tried to play up a level or something?
Enough with the hate.
DO you even play paintball? Are you on a team?
undrdg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 07:32 PM #265
Nick Brockdorff

Quote:
Originally Posted by raehl View Post
Aren't those mutually exclusive?

- Chris
No, because one requires money, the other does not

One is a commercial franchise system, the other a democratic league form, based on skill.

Yes, neither of those are entirely true as of yet.... but we should think about where we want the sport to end up, before it is too late

Old 10-08-2012, 07:39 PM #266
John
Straight shooter with upper management written all over him.

Annual Supporting Member
John is playing at Living Legends VII
John has been published on the PbNation Youtube Channel
John is a PbNation video producer
I thought 187 was promoted for winning the D1 series last year. I heard that was happening at the beginning of the year and the PSP followed through and did it for 2012.
John is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 08:00 PM #267
Nick Brockdorff

Quote:
Originally Posted by John View Post
I thought 187 was promoted for winning the D1 series last year. I heard that was happening at the beginning of the year and the PSP followed through and did it for 2012.
They only put one up when there is a gap - there is no system for relegation or promotion...

Old 10-08-2012, 08:15 PM #268
xxinvision

xxinvision plays in the PSP
xxinvision plays in the APPA D3 division
So YohY is mark?
Oh that makes perfect sense now, I feel stupid I didn't guess that sooner.
White Rotor FS
OG Dynasty Ollie Lang Jersey FS
xxinvision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 09:56 PM #269
YohY

Quote:
Originally Posted by anti55hero View Post
Mark (YohY, we know its you), it really is time for you to stop worrying about what Phoenix Contact is or will be doing. We know you love PSP, and we know you were analyzing the webcast, and we also know your opinions. The NPPL actually ran a fantastic event this weekend, and should have nothing to be embarrassed about. Fortunately, you have no idea what was taking place in our pits, with our gear, with our penalty's, or any of the other million things that could take place. We were not trying to impress you or anyone else. The teams we played were VERY supportive of us, Avalanche helped us pit and let us use their equipment when ours didn't work, XSV gave us tips on how to be a little more present on the field, Impact supported us against the refs when they made bad calls and multiple Explicit players came to our pit after the game and shook our hands and gave us props for stepping up to the level. These are teams we were directly playing against, and that were destroying us like they should. How is it that they can be so supportive of our efforts yet you cant sleep at night without having the need to vomit out your opinion on every component or our business? We are making the adjustments we need to, as has every other pro team after a terrible showing (which we knew was likely to happen). We will be playing next year, regardless of internet opinions, which have no merit. The NPPL will be around next year and is expecting to grow, as it should with their race to format, which in my opinion is more efficient and more fun to play than the PSP's format, although they are both now very very similar.

Keep supporting Elevation, its a good thing to have multiple teams out of a region as big as Phoenix/Arizona. There is not really any need to have so much animosity towards another group of guys. All of which go to work during the week just like everyone else, and play paintball for all the reasons everyone else gets into it. All of my guys work hard to build the sport of paintball and offer competitive outlets and bring people up with the right attitudes. You constantly look down on them, feel the need to talk bad about them, and put into context some rivalry that doesn't actually exist.

We had a great experience in Vegas this weekend. I hope the NPPL expands the Race to 7 man format to the lower divisions so they have the opportunity to experience it. If teams are hesitant to play the NPPL based on the past couple years, they are definitely heading in the right direction. This event was on par with the 2006/2007 events I played when they were at a high. Give them another shot next season!
Like you game your statement is full of so many things that are not accurate or true. Clearly you are paranoid and dilussional. I do not even like PSP - coaching sucks. I could go on but you let you game speak for itself.
Old 10-08-2012, 09:57 PM #270
YohY

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxinvision View Post
So YohY is mark?
Oh that makes perfect sense now, I feel stupid I didn't guess that sooner.
Nothing in this guys post is accurate or makes sense.He just needs a whipping post for all the negative comments about the team including the NPPL announcers.
Old 10-08-2012, 09:58 PM #271
raehl
NCPA President

Annual Supporting Member
raehl is a Supporting Member
raehl plays in the PSP
raehl supports our troops
raehl is an NCPA National Champion
raehl plays in the APPA D5 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Brockdorff View Post
They only put one up when there is a gap - there is no system for relegation or promotion...
Doesn't seem that's the case:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSP Website
2012 Season Prizes
The top team in each division of the PSP World Rankings will receive a Series Championship prize!
Division 1 RaceTo-5: ½ off each 2013 entry for the Pro RaceTo-7 division.
Division 2 RaceTo-5: ½ off each 2013 entry for the D1 RaceTo-5 division.
Division 3 RaceTo-4: ½ off each 2013 entry for the D2 RaceTo-5 division.
Division 4 RaceTo-4: ½ off each 2013 entry for the D3 RaceTo-4 division.
Division 3 RaceTo-2: ½ off each 2013 entry for the D3 RaceTo-4 division.
Division 4 RaceTo-2: ½ off each 2013 entry for the D4 RaceTo-4 division.
Pump: 1/2 off each 2013 entry for the Pump division.
PSP appears to have promotion.

National Collegiate Paintball Association, President - http://www.ncpapaintball.com

American Paintball Players Association - www.paintball-players.org
raehl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 10:03 PM #272
Nick Brockdorff

Quote:
Originally Posted by raehl View Post
Doesn't seem that's the case:

PSP appears to have promotion.
Oh, interesting - that is news to me

But, there is no relegation - right?

So, is the Pro bracket just being expanded indefinitely, or is promotion only happening, as long as the league thinks it's viable to run a Pro division of a certain size?

Old 10-08-2012, 10:48 PM #273
anti55hero

Quote:
Like you game your statement is full of so many things that are not accurate or true. Clearly you are paranoid and dilussional. I do not even like PSP - coaching sucks. I could go on but you let you game speak for itself.
Lol, Mark. Im really just trying to help you. Your just starting to really make yourself look bad........

Also, I watched the webcast. I dont feel whipped by the announcers at all.... I actually feel supported. I heard multiple times, compliments on our breakouts and that they hope that we continue in the league, which we will be.

its probably best that you focus your energy elsewhere at this point. You really have nothing else to add.

Join the SWPPL Senate - https://www.facebook.com/groups/200861693364334/

Phoenix CONTACT - Powered by - BOB LONG, VIRTUE, VALKEN, HK ARMY, SLY, GOG, CENSYS DESIGN LAB,
anti55hero is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyNews Ups

Paintball News Rules
  1. No Upping threads. If you have something to say, please do, but don't post in the thread just to take it to the top of the forum.
  2. Do not post "1st post", "1st", "First post" or anything similar (or with any other number) at any point in a thread, even if you post a comment too. It is really annoying and it will result in a ban.
  3. If you don't like something, say why instead of just calling it ugly, lame, gay or any other name. If it is old, simply post a link or report the post with a link to the older News thread.
  4. Please don't post links for places to buy items. That encourages stores, sponsored players and other people to do it and spam the site.
If you have questions, please post them in the Talk to Mods/Admins forum.