PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 09-01-2012, 03:59 PM #1
CousinVin
PMP's FOR LIFE

Bob Long Cam Drive ASA Assembly?

So I pulled my BL cam drive apart. It used to get to the point of pushing the pin, and get stuck. So i took it apart in the thoughts of lubing it. When the brass disc came out, it jarred the whole asa a bit, and I am not unsure of which direction the smaller inner disc faces. Do the two O-rings face each other upon reassembly like this:

or does the inner o-ring on the large disc press against the bare brass, and the ring on the small disc against the ASA fixture itself, like this:

I really feel like it is the second one, but I want a confirmation.
CousinVin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-03-2012, 10:07 AM #2
cfl mike
Ron Paul = God

cfl mike owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
cfl mike owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
cfl mike supports Team VICIOUS
cfl mike is for the Gunfight
cfl mike has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
I would just look at the manual, I have never taken mine a part. You can always google it.

Why do people do this wanna-be hk thing? I mean hk people dont even play paintball, they just whine and start drama while wearing the ugliest stuff. Seriously you find light blue and pink to be attractive colors for your parents 1500 dollar investment (your gun/marker)? If you want to whine keep it off the field and save it for the internet; O wait! THATS EXACTLY WHAT YOU DO! Haha, if you don't play then don't whine.

I want your G6r parts and upgrades, sell them to me, because you wont get anything for them if you sell/trade them with the gun.
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3808906
cfl mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 11:01 AM #3
CousinVin
PMP's FOR LIFE

Believe me, man. I tried to find it. Best thing i found was manuals for their markers, and all that showed was how to remove the ASA from the marker. Nothing about disassembling the asa itself. I'm pretty sure i know which way it goes now though. I took my macdev ASA apart to clean it and it was pretty similar.
Old 09-03-2012, 01:30 PM #4
Karnokr
HoF

Karnokr is playing at Living Legends VI
Karnokr is playing at Living Legends VII
Mine doesn't look quite like that. Did you post 2 pics of the same side? Mine is clearly distinguishable, as the pin o-ring would just fall out if you put the brass disc in backwards.
Karnokr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 11:55 AM #5
CousinVin
PMP's FOR LIFE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karnokr View Post
Mine doesn't look quite like that. Did you post 2 pics of the same side? Mine is clearly distinguishable, as the pin o-ring would just fall out if you put the brass disc in backwards.
No, the top picture is the bare brass. But it has been sitting there so long, it has some black rubbed off from either being pressed against the o-ring for so long, or the metal in the ASA.

Edit: just called bob long. I only told them that i took it apart, and he went right into how to put it together. Like he gets that problem a lot... haha. All is well though. Just need some dow55 to grease the o-rings and we will see if it works right afterwords.

Last edited by CousinVin : 09-04-2012 at 04:02 PM.
Old 09-05-2012, 05:58 AM #6
cfl mike
Ron Paul = God

cfl mike owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
cfl mike owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
cfl mike supports Team VICIOUS
cfl mike is for the Gunfight
cfl mike has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Call Bob Long, they usually have good CS.

Why do people do this wanna-be hk thing? I mean hk people dont even play paintball, they just whine and start drama while wearing the ugliest stuff. Seriously you find light blue and pink to be attractive colors for your parents 1500 dollar investment (your gun/marker)? If you want to whine keep it off the field and save it for the internet; O wait! THATS EXACTLY WHAT YOU DO! Haha, if you don't play then don't whine.

I want your G6r parts and upgrades, sell them to me, because you wont get anything for them if you sell/trade them with the gun.
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3808906
cfl mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 08:26 PM #7
CousinVin
PMP's FOR LIFE

I got it working. Brought it to my (somewhat) local store, they greased the o-rings, and i put it together. Works great.
Old 03-31-2014, 03:53 PM #8
IgorZ

So, what is correct position?
IgorZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 01:14 PM #9
SteelBush

the small oring faces out

SteelBush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 03:08 PM #10
IgorZ

Thank you.