PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 09-09-2014, 11:43 PM #1
elf1986
Remember Remember the 5th

has been a member for 10 years
Exclamation A paintball Re-birth.

As the title vaguely describes...I've decided to jump back into tournament level paintball. Let's make a few things known. Number one, understand that this is something I have thought long and hard about. Number two, I havn't played tournament level paintball or even recball for that matter since around fall of 2006.

I'm done with the number $@#T...I've been out of the sport completely(including news/technological advances) since I joined the Marine Corps in 2007. I tried to keep up initially while I was enlisted, however found it rather difficult. Hence my Post today. Let me begin by saying please don't ban my account! I am a real person who is legitimately curious about my long lost sport. (feel free to just copy and paste links for this history lesson.) All I'm looking for is a crash course in what I missed in the years gone by...Technical, mechanical, rules, etc. (what the hell is this .50 caliber thing?...not a joke). I thank you in advance for your time in helping me catch up. If nothing else maybe there is some post in here somewhere down the line that teaches you and me something.
-Steve
The only verdict is vengeance, a vendetta, held as a votive not in vain... -V
Semper Fiesta!
elf1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-10-2014, 10:34 AM #2
John
Straight shooter with upper management written all over him.

Annual Supporting Member
John is playing at Living Legends VII
John has been published on the PbNation Youtube Channel
John is a PbNation video producer
Welcome back! I moved this to Paintball Talk because while it may be news to you, it isn't really for everyone else.

Paintball videos have evolved. People don't buy DVD's but the free and paywall videos are actually really good. Check out The Impact Series for an idea: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...lsG_cCwPSMDA3C

.50 caliber exists as an alternative, but the balls don't go as far and don't break as easily. However, they should hurt less. So you'd be at a big disadvantage if you played .50 cal vs .68.

Paintball markers for the most part have gotten more reliable, lighter and break less paint.

Playing different kinds of paintball is once again cool. Pump, mag-fed and competitive woodsball all have their place and many players don't play just one kind of paintball.

Scenarios are more accepted too. It's also pretty common for "tournament" players to play a couple Scenarios events a year just because they are so much fun. Big Scenarios get as much or more "press" than most tournaments. Events like Living Legends and Decay of Nations are staples of the paintball scene.

PSP won over NPPL. That means the "standard" tournament format in the States is 5-man on an X-ball field at 12.5 BPS ramping.

PSP pro events now have relegation and promotion for the top division every event, so if a pro team places 9th or 10th, then they have to play a division down until they place 1st or 2nd.

Dynasty is still a top team, but they've hit a rough patch and just got relegated for World Cup.

Paintball magazines have all gone away.

What else people?
John is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 11:15 AM #3
StreetfighterX
Let's shoot it out

Smart parts as it was is gone, now a shadow of its former self as GOG
StreetfighterX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 11:45 AM #4
Jetson

Jetson is playing at Living Legends VII
Jetson has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Jetson supports Empire
These two threads will answer a lot of questions you might have.
Check them out.

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=4315449

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=4054164
Jetson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 07:23 AM #5
7paintball
Service at its best.

7paintball is playing at Living Legends III
7paintball supports Sherwood Forest
You have to check out what Bob Long and Virtue have been doing.
Lockport, IL 60441
(815) 588-1777

We always offer discounts to the Military, Police and Fire Departments.
7paintball is offline   Reply With Quote