Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 01-03-2014, 04:36 PM #1
ve_guzman96

Do pro paintball players get pay?

Hey paintballers, i am very curios about a pro players life. I mean, do they get pay monthly or so? I always see all these professional teams traveling all over the world constantly and i ask myself, "what do they do to get money?, what happens with their job?, or, are they independent amd have their own company? How do they do it?
ve_guzman96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 04:59 PM #2
Squattingdog
STRAIGHT UP OG

Annual Supporting Member
Squattingdog is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
I think in all the years Ive been a member here this is the most popular question...

Answer: There are some that are paid livable salaries but they usually also have other duties other than playing. Some are paid with little bonuses if they do good in a tournament. Some get " payment" in the form of gear and guns that they can sell.

Then there are those that make absolutely nothing.
Squattingdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 05:07 PM #3
ve_guzman96

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squattingdog View Post
I think in all the years Ive been a member here this is the most popular question...

Answer: There are some that are paid livable salaries but they usually also have other duties other than playing. Some are paid with little bonuses if they do good in a tournament. Some get " payment" in the form of gear and guns that they can sell.

Then there are those that make absolutely nothing.
Thanks, but how come those that get absolutely nothing live? Are they spoiled? LOL

"When you want to succeed as much as you want to breathe, then you will be successful"
ve_guzman96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 05:15 PM #4
Goggles

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by ve_guzman96 View Post
Thanks, but how come those that get absolutely nothing live? Are they spoiled? LOL
They have jobs outside of paintball that they work.

originally posted by $acceleration$ "what the hell hows it your fault... its called a sideWALK not a sideRIDE-A-BIKE"

My feedback: http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...7#post22315597
Goggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 02:10 AM #5
p8ntcheck45
Hot Bread Z!

Annual Supporting Member
p8ntcheck45 is a Supporting Member
p8ntcheck45 is a Professional paintball player
p8ntcheck45 is a Paintball photographer
p8ntcheck45 works for a Paintball manufacturer
p8ntcheck45 supports our troops
Yes. Some do. It varies player to player & team to team. Some teams have a wealthy team owner or company bankrolling the team, players on these teams get paid per event usually, bonuses if they do well among other things. They are also expected to do various things to support their sponsors outside of the events. There really is no industry standard, it just depends on the team, how much money they have and what it will take to get someone to play with you. Some players get cash, others free gear (2 guns an event as an example), others just get all of their expenses paid for, and others (like myself) pay almost entirely out of pocket (outside of the occasional team fund we scrape together based on tournaments we host, previous event winnings or clinics.)

I am only speaking from experience and my current understanding. I play on one of the least funded pro teams in the sport, so take that for whats its worth.

If pro ball interests you, you might also find my thread interesting, I think I touch on the topic a bit more in there- http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3978560
p8ntcheck45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 02:12 AM #6
p8ntcheck45
Hot Bread Z!

Annual Supporting Member
p8ntcheck45 is a Supporting Member
p8ntcheck45 is a Professional paintball player
p8ntcheck45 is a Paintball photographer
p8ntcheck45 works for a Paintball manufacturer
p8ntcheck45 supports our troops
Quote:
Originally Posted by ve_guzman96 View Post
Jobs outside of paintball. For the most part, even the top players have jobs outside or inside of the sport.
p8ntcheck45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 07:45 AM #7
shotyaface
^_^

shotyaface is an NCPA player
shotyaface plays in the APPA D5 division
Very few pros don't have a day job. I know Marcello said he doesn't on one of his Eclectic Q&A
shotyaface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 04:53 PM #8
Kirko017

Kirko017 plays in the PSP
Kirko017 posts videos on PbNation
Kirko017 is an NCPA player
Kirko017 plays in the APPA D4 division
Don't you know, you can't know the Salaries of Pro Paintball players, only baseball, basketball, football, and a few other sports...
Kirko017 is offline   Reply With Quote