PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 08-27-2012, 07:11 PM #1
zunath

Mask and Tank for 10 Year Old

Hey all,

A 10-year-old family friend of ours is interested in getting his own gear for paintball. I've offered him my old Tippmann A-5 but I'm not sure what tank and mask to suggest for him. We don't have a pro shop anywhere nearby so he won't be able to try the mask on himself but the rental masks at the field look pretty big on him.

Anyway, if you have any suggestions please let me know.

Thanks.
zunath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 07:57 PM #2
BCE
HKCookies/ Canadian Bacon

BCE is playing at Living Legends VI
BCE is playing at Living Legends VII
BCE owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
BCE supports DLX Technology
Rental masks are usually big, for a small 10 year old let me suggest the Dye I4 goggles. They are nice and small and also sit nice and tight to your face while having great vision without producing any fog when playing.

As for a tank I would suggest a compressed air tank and either a stubby tank or a small sized tank. Stubbys are great and small, perfect for a smaller child. The stubby tank keeps the gun nice and close to the body so he doesnt have a big tank and have to extend his arms to much, they are also pretty light to carry compared to steely tanks. My friends brother who is 11 uses the I4 goggles and a ninja stubby tank that he got and loves them whenever we go out to have fun and just play rec ball.
BCE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 08:31 PM #3
eggwhite6
don't small towns suck?

eggwhite6 supports Team VICIOUS
eggwhite6 is for the Gunfight
eggwhite6 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
ninja 50/45 tank or a guerilla 48/4500 cf tank like he said. get used because these can be pretty expensive. dye 14s are small which would be good for him but very expensive.
eggwhite6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 11:56 PM #4
YeloSno
ALT Bazaar - Coming Soon!

Annual Supporting Member
YeloSno is playing at Living Legends V
YeloSno is playing at Living Legends VI
YeloSno supports Team VICIOUS
YeloSno is for the Gunfight
YeloSno is for the Gunfight
YeloSno is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
YeloSno is attending Decay of Nations VI
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3655911

On the mask, I'd suggest an E-Flex. Lightweight, easy for him to maintain, low profile yet lots of protection and airflow. That being said, get a second strap for it, put that on in addition to the first. It'll ensure a super comfortable and secure fit so there's no way in hell it could fall off. I still double strap all my masks.

On the tank, get the measurements for various tank sizes (varies per company) and get something of equal length and put them up against his arm to see which will reach from his shoulder to his elbow, then pick that size up

I'd think a 48/45 or 50/45 (both with a regulator extender) or a 45/45 would do the trick fairly decently for him.

Thinking of Buying Something, But Don't Know What?
Have A Look Inside for Some Help.

Sale so good you'll get a ****in' coma trying to find your wallet.

ALT Bazaar
A new top secret project that isn't so secret. Brought to you by the creator of the Ultimate Purchasing Hierarchy and TBQF Technologies.

"Originally posted by Somnambulistz: i'm not wearing any underwear! :D"
YeloSno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 07:18 AM #5
zunath

Thanks for the responses everyone. I suggested the empire 48/4500 and the i4's. If that's out of his parents' price range I'll suggest something cheaper.
zunath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 07:42 AM #6
jgreene
www.i70paintball.com

I have 2 daughters that play (9 and 11) fairly often with me. They both wear Flexes, one with hard ears and one with soft. I would probably suggest the hard ears at first. My youngest will usually wear boat bottoms with hers since they are slightly more contoured. Both use stubby Ninja tanks with the Myth 2 reg. That reg brings the gun in to a comfortable position for them. I should put the disclaimer on here that both girls are the smallest in thier class, not sure how big your friends son is. But they can play doritos while standing with no problem!
iGnite #24
S.D.F #24
I70 Paintball-Proshop and Field
jgreene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 08:15 AM #7
Killer Carton
Give'm Welts

Annual Supporting Member
Killer Carton has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Killer Carton has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
If money is not an issue and he is serious about playing get him the Dye I4's and a small HPA tank like a Ninja 50 or 45 ci tank. Also the A5 might be a bit big/heavy for him depending on how its done up.
Killer Carton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 08:32 AM #8
UndecidedPball
-Emerson-

UndecidedPball owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
UndecidedPball plays in the APPA D3 division
proto axis... it is a tight mask and fits well the the face..
UndecidedPball is offline   Reply With Quote