Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 08-26-2012, 07:49 PM #1
B3ARC1AW

Question Remote Line Missing Part

So I got a remote line from somebody and noticed the end that screws into the asa was too small. I realized that there has to be another part that screws onto the end of the part I have and then has a larger threaded part that is the diameter of a tank so it can screw into an asa. My question for you guys is, what is the name of the part I need so I can search and buy one? And if you guys could give me a link to one that'd be awesome.

The threaded silver part on the left is what I'm talking about. It's too small a diameter to screw into an asa so I'm guessing there is another part I'm missing to make it work.

Last edited by B3ARC1AW : 09-02-2012 at 08:53 PM.
B3ARC1AW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-27-2012, 10:30 AM #2
Open_Truth (Banned)

Open_Truth owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Open_Truth owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
You need both the male and female quick disconnect, and the ASA adapter. You screw the female QD onto your remote line there (I think that is a slide check?), then screw the male QD into the ASA adapter. The adapter screws into your marker ASA, and then you simply use the QD to connect and disconnect your remote line to your marker.
Open_Truth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 09:22 PM #3
B3ARC1AW

Thanks for the explanation. I've never used a remote line so I don't know how they work, haha. I thought what I had was the quick disconenct, but it's just a slide check then. Is there any way I could just attach what I have into an asa adapter? I don't want to buy a quick disconnect if I don't need to as I don't mind not having it.
Old 08-28-2012, 11:16 AM #4
Open_Truth (Banned)

Yes, you could just buy an ASA adapter, screw the slide check directly into the adapter, and screw that into your marker ASA. But, you won't like it if you do that. Without the quick disconnect, you are are partially taking away the reason for the slide check. The idea is that if you want to play, and put your marker down between games, for whatever reason, you would slide the slide check back which would do two things, lock off the air in the remote line to keep it from flowing, and vent out the air from the ASA into the marker. With the QD, you could then disconnect the remote line from the marker, place your marker down, and then put the end of the remote line in your pocket. You could walk around, get something to eat, and so on, and not have your marker in your hands the whole time.

If you don't have the QD, then all you are doing is taking away the air to the marker, but you still have to carry it around when you do anything. So it is up to you, but the QD isn't that much and worth it.
Old 08-28-2012, 08:47 PM #5
B3ARC1AW

Ok, hearing how it works makes the QD seem necessary now. I've looked around on ansgear and paintballgateway but I can't find just the QD set and the asa adapter for sale, only with the coil and everything together as a set. Anybody know what site has ones, or can paste a link?
Old 08-29-2012, 04:15 PM #6
B3ARC1AW

So, If I understand you correctly, then I could buy this part and screw it on to the end of the slide check. Then buy this part and it would attach on the end of the first part and screw into the asa of my gun?
Old 09-01-2012, 10:33 AM #7
B3ARC1AW

Anybody?
Old 09-03-2012, 12:10 PM #8
Open_Truth (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by B3ARC1AW View Post
So, If I understand you correctly, then I could buy this part and screw it on to the end of the slide check. Then buy this part and it would attach on the end of the first part and screw into the asa of my gun?
Yep, you got it right.
Old 09-03-2012, 03:54 PM #9
B3ARC1AW

Awesome, thank you for your help.
Old 09-04-2012, 11:32 AM #10
Open_Truth (Banned)

Not a problem.