Community Focus
Community Focus

ReplyRegional Ups

Old 08-26-2012, 01:53 PM #1
SplatActionReff13

Spartan Big Game at Splat Action- September 29th

SPARTAN GAME III

SPARTAN ARMY
The Spartan army will consist of approx. 1/3 of the total Persian forces, with one General and two captains. If the Persian Army exceeds the anticipated size then more Spartans will be recruited. This will happen if necessary and at the discretion of the promoter.

SHIELDS
Shields will be carried only by Spartans with the exception of the hunchback Ephialtes who carries the only shield for the Persians. These shields will be 26 inches in diameter and provided by the field.

ALLOWABLE HITS
Any hit on a Spartan below the waist, on the shield, or the gun are not kill shots. Head, torso and arm hits that break are all kill shots.

AREA OF MOVEMENT
The battlefield will consist of all fields and bases above the creek, with the exception of Hamburger Hill which will be open to selected Persian fighters during the final assault. Spartans are not allowed within firing distance of the Persian starting base. However they are allowed to attack and capture the two forward fighting bases.

FORWARD FIGHTING BASES
There will be two bases, one at edge of village and one at the high side of the pond. The Persians may use one of these bases as a forward fighting base by attaching and raising there pendent. As long as the pendent is in the raised position the Persians can re spawn at this base. Persians may also switch bases as they deem necessary. The Spartans are allowed to attack these bases and lower the pendent. They must leave the pendent attached. Flag captures must be returned to original start point.

OBJECTIVES
The Spartanís main objective is to prevent Persians from gaining fighters on Hamburger Hill for final assault, which occurs in the last hour of play. During the final assault the Spartans only objective is to protect Sparta (currently Caisson) from capture by the Persians.

PERSIAN ARMY
The Persian army will consist of one or two generals depending on size of army. The number of captains will be decided by these generals but limited to 6. These captains will be in charge of leading specialized forces into battle.

ALLOWABLE HITS
Any hit on a Persian is considered a kill shot except the gun which does not count across the board. They will have a hunchback which will be held to the same kill shot rules as the Spartans and will be the only one allowed to carry a shield for the Persians.

AREA OF MOVEMENT
The Persians will be able to utilize the entire playing field (above the creek) with the exception of hamburger hill witch will be used in the final assault

RE SPAWN
Persians may re spawn at original start point or either of their activated forward fighting bases. Hill fighters will have their own re spawn on the pit side of hamburger hill.

OBJECTIVES
The main objective of the Persians is to gain fighters on Hamburger Hill for the final assault. There are multiple ways of doing this, many of which include Raffle tickets. 10 fighters are allocated to the Persians at the start of the game for their Hamburger Hill team during the final assault; these fighters are chosen by the generals/captains from anyone in the Persian army and will be given a special armband before the start of the final battle.
There will be pull flag in Sparta with a Spartan flag. Every time the Persians drop this flag they will be given an additional fighter for the Hamburger Hill team. They may gain up to ten fighters with this flag. All Persians in the base at the time of the flag being pulled will be given a raffle ticket. Persians with pump guns will receive 2. This is a one-way mission; once the flag has been pulled players will be given their raffle tickets and sent back to base to re spawn. There will be a 15min reset on this flag.
There will be an additional two capture flags in front of Sparta. These flags will need to be returned to the Persian base to gain 1000 points and one raffle ticket to all players in the capture circle at the time of capture. Persians with pump guns will receive 2. If the flag carrier (Persian or Spartan) is hit by a kill shot, the flag is dropped immediately and can be picked up by any member of either team. The Spartans can pick it up to return it to its original location in front of Sparta. The Persians can pick it up to take it to their capture base.

Spartan general kills will be worth 500 points and captains 100 points. Generals and captains will report to their base referee when re spawning so that points can be recorded. For every Persian general or captain kill the same amount of points will be deducted from final count. If either side is caught not reporting double points will be awarded or deducted. Every 1000 points collected will earn the Persians one hill fighter for the final assault.

FINAL ASSAULT
After the end of the initial battle both teams will be given 15 minutes to prepare for the final assault. If the generals can prepare faster than that we will restart earlier. Both sides will need to rearm, fill air, and return to new starting positions.
Spartans will be limited to confines of Sparta and will keep the same re spawn point. Persian forces will start and re spawn at the far side of Village, and the Persian Hamburger Hill team will start at bottom of Hamburger Hill and be led to the top by the Hunchback. The Persian Hamburger Hill team will have a re spawn point on the opposite side of the hill and will not be able to advance more than halfway down the Sparta side of the hill.
The Persians will have 45 minutes to attach and raise their flag in Sparta and hold it against the Spartans for 60 seconds. If this is accomplished the Persians will have defeated the fearsome Spartans. This will end the game and earn each Persian an extra raffle ticket. Persians with pump guns will receive 2. If at the end of the 45 minutes the Spartans still hold Sparta then they will have defeated the mighty Persian army. The winning team will have their flag hung at the field entrance until the next game.

GAINING RAFFLE TICKETS
Entry day of event = 2
Pre register = 5
Bag of paint = 1
Case of paint = 10
Grenade = 1
Case of grenades = 10
Pump Gun Fighters x 2 for earned raffle tickets during play
Sparta flag pull = 1 for all fighters in base at time of pull
Spartan flag capture = 1 for all fighters in capture circle at time of capture
General kill = 1, could involve more than one player, this is at the discretion of the refs.
There will be pods placed on the field and given out by refs. Periodically throughout the game with paint, raffle tickets, prize vouchers, and Splat Action play coupons.

TIME LINE

8:00 are -Gates open to Staff, Generals, Captains, Vendors, and V.I.P.
8:30 am -Gates open to general public
9:30 - 10:00 am -Player meeting and raffle
10:00 - 10:15 am -Players to start points (Spartans to Sparta battle field, Persians to Persian Start Base)
10:15 - 1:30 -Battle
1:30 - 2:15 -lunch and replenish
2:15 - 2:30 -Return to start points
2:30 - 4:00 -Battle
4:00 - 4:30 -Replenish and move to final assault start points
4:30 - 5:15 -Final assault
5:30 -Raise winning flag and final raffle

Last edited by SplatActionReff13 : 08-26-2012 at 01:55 PM.
SplatActionReff13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-26-2012, 02:02 PM #2
SplatActionReff13

Old 08-26-2012, 02:33 PM #3
SplatActionReff13

Are you ready for a non-stop relentless battle? Then join the ranks of the mighty Persian army and take on the Splat Action Spartans.

Numbering less than half that of the Persians, The Spartans will defend their field and their pride with honor.

It's brute force vs. sheer numbers!

Whether you are are beginner, intermediate or experienced player, the Persian horde has a place in it's ranks for you.

Over 5,000 dollars in prizes will be raffled and given away before, during, and after the battle. Prizes include markers, paint, gear, Xbox 360 and more. raffle tickets will be earned from game play.

Entry-$40 Pre-register $45 day of event $5 rental package
Paint-$50-$55-$65 depending on grade of paint. save $5 Pre-order

5 raffle tickets given for Pre-registering.
10 raffle tickets given for each case of paint purchased.

For more information go to www.splataction.com or contact Travis Apple at 971-322-7672, jester62@gmail.com

I should be checking pbnation daily to answer your questions too
Old 08-26-2012, 05:42 PM #4
xxxSPIKExxx
Oregon Legacy

xxxSPIKExxx owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
xxxSPIKExxx supports Sherwood Forest
xxxSPIKExxx supports our troops
xxxSPIKExxx supports Pev's Paintball
xxxSPIKExxx plays in the APPA D5 division
xxxSPIKExxx is attending Decay of Nations VI
Oh yeah Im ready to lead my Spartans into yet another victory. So how many of my spartans are ready for this epic weekend of fun and mayhem?
WCPS www.weatcoastpbseries.com - Warpaint INT www.facebook.com/warpaint.int
ArtPlus Signs www.facebook.com/artplus.signs - OMEN 5150 Tattoo www.facebook.com/omen.garcia
xxxSPIKExxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 10:07 PM #5
SplatActionReff13

I know i am spike! And i know of 12 other spartans ready to battle. The crew here at splat have been upgrading Caisson as well
Old 08-26-2012, 10:13 PM #6
TheNordicBuffadillo
Still roaming...

Annual Supporting Member
TheNordicBuffadillo has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
TheNordicBuffadillo has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Spartan big games are always super fun!!!
TheNordicBuffadillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 06:54 PM #7
jester62

Spike, I know you're ready to sweep another victory but its not going to be easy. I'm going to do my best to make it hard for you and the other spartans. Having said that, I'm sure you and the rest of the Spartans perfectly capable of pulling off another victory for Splat Action.
Old 08-28-2012, 08:59 AM #8
BigJohnson50

BigJohnson50 supports Cereal Killerz 2
My dad and I will be there!
08' Sweet 7 Series Rookie Champs
Team Legendary
Gunfighter Graffix
BigJohnson50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 09:05 PM #9
xxxSPIKExxx
Oregon Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jester62 View Post
Spike, I know you're ready to sweep another victory but its not going to be easy. I'm going to do my best to make it hard for you and the other spartans. Having said that, I'm sure you and the rest of the Spartans perfectly capable of pulling off another victory for Splat Action.
Ha ha ha I laugh at thou...Bring it on the Spartans and I are ready for whatever you think you can through at us be it 50 or 500 Persians we are ready for anything.
I WILL lead my Spartans into yet another victory and you can count on that sir!
ArtPlus Signs www.facebook.com/artplus.signs - OMEN 5150 Tattoo www.facebook.com/omen.garcia
Old 08-28-2012, 11:22 PM #10
SplatActionReff13

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxxSPIKExxx View Post
Ha ha ha I laugh at thou...Bring it on the Spartans and I are ready for whatever you think you can through at us be it 50 or 500 Persians we are ready for anything.
I WILL lead my Spartans into yet another victory and you can count on that sir!
Old 08-31-2012, 02:53 AM #11
tye jackal

I can't wait for this game! It's always a blast
tye jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 02:30 PM #12
MulletMann

MulletMann donated to help Peyton Trent
I would love to come out for this but. You guys know this is opening day of deer season?
http://www.rushpaintballonline.com/shop/
http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/.../164890213581/ Rush Paintball Facebook page
Owner Rush Paintball, 82nd & Woodstock. Portland, 503-595-RUSH
MulletMann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 06:58 PM #13
tye jackal

Quote:
Originally Posted by MulletMann View Post
I would love to come out for this but. You guys know this is opening day of deer season?
didnt think about that.... hopefully you can attend the next one! good luck hunting
Old 09-06-2012, 06:40 PM #14
tye jackal

Caisson

just a little FYI, some of you might not even recognize Caisson during this event with all the new things we've added
Old 09-06-2012, 08:26 PM #15
xxxSPIKExxx
Oregon Legacy

I like ...I like... This is going to be a great event, travis hook me up with a spot to crash on Friday night sir lol if not I'll sleep in the truck .
Old 09-07-2012, 11:56 AM #16
jester62

What spartans don't need sleep.
Old 09-07-2012, 02:44 PM #17
tye jackal

Quote:
Originally Posted by jester62 View Post
What spartans don't need sleep.
Old 09-13-2012, 04:10 PM #18
jester62

WCPS this weekend at Splat Action. Looks like this is going to be a great tournament. Spartans will be there, good luck. I might even get a chance to throw some paint. I will have to come up with somthing extra for any one pre registering for the Spartan game at the tournament. Whether your in the tournament or not so come check it out.
Old 09-17-2012, 12:43 PM #19
tye jackal

pretty excited for this gime
Old 09-23-2012, 12:24 PM #20
Central210

has been a member for 10 years
How do I register now to get the discount? Doesnt look like I'm playing this weekend, but I'd like to go to this!
Old 09-24-2012, 12:24 AM #21
tye jackal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Central210 View Post
How do I register now to get the discount? Doesnt look like I'm playing this weekend, but I'd like to go to this!
just call the staff at splat action ask for john vida.
www.splataction.com
ReplyRegional Ups