Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-25-2012, 03:26 AM #1
Nerve06
Just a City Boy
 
Nerve06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Toasts

For those who can legally drink, and therefore are accustomed to being at events where toasts or other forms of pre-drink sayings are used; do any of you have a go to toast? Something simple yet memorable in most cases seems to work.

I ask because I had someone ask me to offer up a toast today, to which I used a common family saying:

"May the saddest day of your future be no worse than the happiest day of your past... Slainte!"

We're Irish, so yeah.
Nerve06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-25-2012, 03:51 AM #2
RBR321
I'll bring the pizzas.
 
RBR321's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: staten island, ny
RBR321 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
RBR321 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
RBR321 supports Team VICIOUS
RBR321 supports DLX Technology
Bear with me here due to the terrible quality of the video but basically this is what I do. I start it with "I hope you guys are ready for a night to remember, not that you'll remember it anyway, BECAUSE..." then I let Barney take it from there.

__________________
"Originally posted by The_Hawk: I was really hoping this would be a thread about women on fire."
"Originally posted by DrobertsPB: I do that also, unless there is female company I pee with as much pressure as possible so its really loud, then they think I have a fire hose sized dick"
"Originally posted by XSVterror16 V.4: Alright, let me break this down for you. Subaru is a company with stars and a blue background in it's symbol. The national color of Australia is blue and their nights have lots of stars in the sky. Subaru uses bockster motors from Porches. Subaru is Australian and uses Porche motors in their cars. Understand?"
'MURICA
RBR321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 03:54 AM #3
da_mink
 
 
da_mink's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
I don't have it memorized but it's an Irish one as well.
From a poem we had at my house growing up.

May the road rise up to meet you.
May the wind be always at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face;
the rains fall soft upon your fields and until we meet again,
may God hold you in the palm of His hand.

Although I generally change the last bit to
May life be fruitful and full of bliss.
__________________
*****, IM MINK

VLN
da_mink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 04:04 AM #4
Nerve06
Just a City Boy
 
Nerve06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by da_mink View Post
I don't have it memorized but it's an Irish one as well.
From a poem we had at my house growing up.

May the road rise up to meet you.
May the wind be always at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face;
the rains fall soft upon your fields and until we meet again,
may God hold you in the palm of His hand.

Although I generally change the last bit to
May life be fruitful and full of bliss.
We have that in script on our kitchen wall. Good choice.
Nerve06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 07:01 AM #5
ALLCAPS (Banned)
that recipe
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Tampa, FL
drop
now make that mother ****er hammer time
ALLCAPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 08:20 AM #6
The_Hawk
There Is No Society
 
The_Hawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: VPISU
The_Hawk is reppin' sidebar 4 life
To honor!
Get on her,
Stay on her,
And if you can't *** in her,
*** on her!
__________________
I think it's time we blow this scene.
Get everybody and the stuff together.
Okay, three, two, one
Let's jam

"Originally posted by pok3ypuppy: LOL SOMEBODY SHOULD SIG THIS."
The_Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 08:49 AM #7
ALLCAPS (Banned)
that recipe
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Tampa, FL
ooooooo das wassup
ALLCAPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 08:55 AM #8
folder
i am full of tickle
 
folder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
there are spaceships, there are battleships, but there's nothing like friendships

works wonders srsly
folder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 09:10 AM #9
paintbaler1587
 
 
paintbaler1587's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Houston, TX
 has been a member for 10 years
paintbaler1587 helped look for balloons
paintbaler1587 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Many of my shots have been to "bowlegged hoes."

No idea why such a classy phrase became popular to drink to.
Quote:
Originally Posted by da_mink View Post
May the wind be always at your back.
I hope your family doesn't like to fly.
__________________
2005 BZJ GTO
Misfire and an exhaust leak
paintbaler1587 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 09:57 AM #10
Slayinpoon
2k6
 
Slayinpoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Regular toast? Toast w/ jam? French toast? It's all good over here.





__________________
Lifted WJ

East Carolina University
Slayinpoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 11:26 AM #11
Sunshine86
Equality 7-2521
 
Sunshine86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Washington DC
"Skål"

It means "cheers" in Danish/Swedish.
Sunshine86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 12:31 PM #12
Mr.Familiar
We're all the same
 
Mr.Familiar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Once more into the Fray.
Into the last good fight I will ever know.
Live and die on this day.
Live and die on this day.
__________________
Twothousandandfour.
Any man who knows a thing, knows that he knows not a damn, damn thing at all. K'Naan

Poor man, living a rich life
"Lay your facts by the side of every-day practices of this nation and you will say with me that, for revolting barbarity and shameless hypocrisy, America reigns without a rival." -Frederick Douglass
Mr.Familiar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 02:18 PM #13
RBR321
I'll bring the pizzas.
 
RBR321's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: staten island, ny
RBR321 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
RBR321 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
RBR321 supports Team VICIOUS
RBR321 supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Familiar View Post
Once more into the Fray.
Into the last good fight I will ever know.
Live and die on this day.
Live and die on this day.
.
__________________
"Originally posted by The_Hawk: I was really hoping this would be a thread about women on fire."
"Originally posted by DrobertsPB: I do that also, unless there is female company I pee with as much pressure as possible so its really loud, then they think I have a fire hose sized dick"
"Originally posted by XSVterror16 V.4: Alright, let me break this down for you. Subaru is a company with stars and a blue background in it's symbol. The national color of Australia is blue and their nights have lots of stars in the sky. Subaru uses bockster motors from Porches. Subaru is Australian and uses Porche motors in their cars. Understand?"
'MURICA
RBR321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 07:20 PM #14
Our_Lord_&_Savior
I hate Darwin
 
Our_Lord_&_Savior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
"I just clogged your toilet"
__________________
****ing Jesus


"And if the band you're in starts playing different tunes
I'll see you on the dark side of the moon."
Our_Lord_&_Savior is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump