PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 07-30-2012, 10:49 PM #1
DYEpaintballEGO

DYEpaintballEGO plays in the APPA D4 division
Viking project -- 02 Viking

So, I've had my Viking since I believe January, it was completely stock (except for the eyes being drilled) and unmilled and anodized type III dust black. Luckily my first year of high school (this year) I had the option to have friends take shop class and they cut me out some nice custom grips with the laser machine. I named my Viking Vicky.See the resemblence? Hehe, anyways this is what she looks like (Before stripping and milling)

And this is just the body that's going to Destructive Customs for milling.

So I just sent the body ALL the way to Massachuttes to get milled by Jared. This is what i'm getting done for around $150. Keep in mind that this isn't the color it's going to be.

So the first cut is the tapered front, if i don't get the rest of the gun milled, will this look bad?

The next cut is the the top tube cut, hopefully this will make the back end of the Vike look better, I believe that this is the new DC tube cut, but don't quote me on this.

Now the last cut is the rounded "butt crack" milling.

So after this is all milled and I get it back, since I just sent it in, it should be about 1-2 weeks to get it complete, I will get it anodized when the wallet allows it. I'm taking a risk and actually going from type 3 to type 2. I want it gloss yellow, and if i re anodize it type 3, i can't get it gloss. Wish me luck!

EDIT EDIT Jared finished the whole Viking! Tapered front, check, butt crack, check, and the tube cut i wanted done, check. Here are the pictures!

^ COMPLETELY FINISHED! Now to send it off for ano!

Last edited by DYEpaintballEGO : 08-20-2012 at 06:21 PM. Reason: adding pics
DYEpaintballEGO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-30-2012, 11:03 PM #2
skinnyfatguy
AKA-holic

skinnyfatguy is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Looks good. Make sure to go through a reputable anodizing shop because if they don't have experience stripping type III the can ruin your tolerances very easily.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DYEpaintballEGO View Post
I just sent it in, it should be about 1-2 weeks to get it complete
I take it this is your first custom build? Jared is good, but not that good. A fast turnaround with custom milling is usually a month or two.
Old 07-30-2012, 11:42 PM #3
DYEpaintballEGO

Yeah, i'm going to ATMF who originally anodized the Vikings and Excals. And **** that, I don't want to wait that long just for 3 milling jobs.
Old 07-31-2012, 06:07 AM #4
fsrxc1

Actually that is a back cut done for my viking...don't know if he will do that one for you...as it is done special for my guns...But we do have other cuts we offer

Rampage X-Ball
Monster Paintball- I Bleed GREEN

Last edited by fsrxc1 : 07-31-2012 at 07:06 AM.
fsrxc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 06:39 AM #5
Phaelynar
Resident Jew

Phaelynar supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by DYEpaintballEGO View Post
Yeah, i'm going to ATMF who originally anodized the Vikings and Excals. And **** that, I don't want to wait that long just for 3 milling jobs.
That's an awful attitude to have. These projects take time. Then again, no one here except for Jared or Marc could comment on the time quoted or delays or whatever.

Either way, good luck with it and I hope you don't act like a 5 year old if it does take a month or two.
Old 07-31-2012, 04:05 PM #6
DYEpaintballEGO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phaelynar View Post
That's an awful attitude to have. These projects take time. Then again, no one here except for Jared or Marc could comment on the time quoted or delays or whatever.

Either way, good luck with it and I hope you don't act like a 5 year old if it does take a month or two.
Yes, because I don't want to wait 2 months to get something done means I'm acting like a 5 year old. go troll somewhere else.
Old 07-31-2012, 04:08 PM #7
DYEpaintballEGO

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsrxc1 View Post
Actually that is a back cut done for my viking...don't know if he will do that one for you...as it is done special for my guns...But we do have other cuts we offer
If it's done only for your viking, why is it on your website as an available milling option..?
Old 07-31-2012, 04:11 PM #8
DYEpaintballEGO

Quote:
I hope Jared will do it for me, i really like that one, haha. If not i can just have him do the basic one, thanks for telling me though.
Old 07-31-2012, 04:30 PM #9
fsrxc1

It's on there because i wanted to show what we could do with different back cuts to give people ideas....That is on 2 of my 3 vikings...it's custom for me because i work for DC The one next to it is on my immortal...and if you look through the threads here...the same back cut is on my DC streamline

Rampage X-Ball
Old 07-31-2012, 04:33 PM #10
DYEpaintballEGO

Quote:
It's on there because i wanted to show what we could do with different back cuts to give people ideas....That is on 2 of my 3 vikings...it's custom for me because i work for DC The one next to it is on my immortal...and if you look through the threads here...the same back cut is on my DC streamline
I've seen your streamline! looks sick. So are you positive that I cannot get this done? I really want it. Just a suggestion: you should maybe put some text over the picture so no one thinks it's an available milling option. It confused me alright, haha.
Old 07-31-2012, 04:37 PM #11
fsrxc1

Pretty positive....In the milling book we have it is listed as my cut..haha sorry man!!

Rampage X-Ball
Old 07-31-2012, 05:10 PM #12
DYEpaintballEGO

Quote:
Pretty positive....In the milling book we have it is listed as my cut..haha sorry man!!
I'm disappointed now, lol.
Old 07-31-2012, 05:37 PM #13
TheePsycho
Sadist

TheePsycho is a Supporting Member
TheePsycho is playing at Living Legends VII
I seriously doubt the turnaround time of two weeks as well. Jared has had my Viking for a few months now and I only asked for a few cuts, not a complete FSP, round milling or anything. Well I don't think it has hit the chopping block yet, do I care though? No not really at all, Jared does good work and it's always worth the wait.
Old 08-01-2012, 06:14 PM #14
DYEpaintballEGO

Quote:
So is there someone I can call to get a confirmation? I tried calling 413 883 4328 and it never answers.
Old 08-01-2012, 06:25 PM #15
brock_averill
Ill Factor

I think the fact that fsrxc1 is telling you its his milling and wont be done on other guns is confirmation lol. Im sure you could have something similar done though.

WTB: Salmon Viking
brock_averill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 07:06 PM #16
Destructive Customs
AKA Tech

Annual Supporting Member
Destructive Customs supports our troops
Similar yes. yes it did arrive today.
Wanted all below
Any Viking/ Excal bodies,03 eye covers, used cartridges
PM UL frame
Destructive Customs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 07:19 PM #17
DYEpaintballEGO

Quote:
Originally Posted by brock_averill View Post
I think the fact that fsrxc1 is telling you its his milling and wont be done on other guns is confirmation lol. Im sure you could have something similar done though.
No, no, no. I meant a confirmation to see if my gun arrived, lol. After he said i couldnt do it, i already knew. I was just trying to see if my gun got there.
Old 08-01-2012, 07:21 PM #18
DYEpaintballEGO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destructive Customs View Post
Similar yes. yes it did arrive today.
Awesome, sorry for all the confusion. I have called like 3 times in the past couple of days and there was no answer, I was starting to get worried. I do have a question about the tapered front though... When it's cut, does it round the whole thing? It doesnt leave any square edges, right?
Old 08-01-2012, 09:01 PM #19
skinnyfatguy
AKA-holic

skinnyfatguy is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I always thought that was an '05 / JMJ Factory Team back cut. They do look very similar but now that I look at yours again I see a very subtle difference.

Old 08-01-2012, 09:39 PM #20
fsrxc1

Yea they are similiar...but just a subtle difference

Rampage X-Ball
Old 08-02-2012, 05:09 PM #21
BJYourk
The rippin' and tearin'

/grabs popcorn to watch the show/...
BJYourk is offline   Reply With Quote