Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 08-22-2012, 04:35 PM #1
Tempted (Banned)

The Vert Shoebox Shoots.

I dry fired it some after I got it all sealed up. Hadn't put any paint through it though. For the first time in a decade it fired some rounds. The tank had only 500psi left but it was enough to fire this thing.

I'm surprised it shot without a hitch. I'm shocked at how good it is. I put about 500 rounds through it with no hiccups, chops or leaks. I don't know the settings on the front switch so I haven't messed with it. If it didn't weigh a metric ton I see no issue with using it these days on any field. Its old and big but doesn't really feel outdated when I fire it.

Tempted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 05:19 PM #2
bnkr king

bnkr king owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
bnkr king owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Wait so you had about 500 psi in your tank and you shot about 500 rounds... 1 psi/shot = 2.5 cases from a 4500 psi fiill? Don't mess with your settings! lol
bnkr king is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 05:34 PM #3
Tempted (Banned)

No that's all that was in the tank when I made the first video. Swapped tanks and shot a bag. Have that video too, just not worth posting.
Old 08-22-2012, 05:35 PM #4
Tempted (Banned)

I actually had to borrow a tank, all mine are pretty much empty.
Old 08-22-2012, 05:41 PM #5
bnkr king

Ahh gotcha, well either way good stuff and nice vid. I always like to see the classic's in action

Practice snap shooting with that set-up, your snap shooting muscles will get huge and you'll be able to out-snap anyone!
Old 08-22-2012, 05:55 PM #6
Tempted (Banned)

Heck no. That's probably the last time I ever fire that beast. I got it inoperable, trigger locked up, O rings shot, oxidation on everything. Pretty much what you expect from a marker that goes unattended for 10+ years. I had no idea at how many people want this marker. I just looked at it like a big block of junk. Apparently finding a vert Shoebox is tough. Then finding a vert Shoebox with factory fade is tougher. Then finding one with the original matching barrel and all other original junk is the toughest. Guess I got lucky. I actually didn't have the plans of spending as much time as I have on it. I was originally either going to sell it and the other that came in package for 50 bucks or so. I had no prior experience working on them, didn't think I would have been able to get them going. Got bored and figured why not try since I can't do anything else(injured at work). Then I found out about it being half way worth something. I always pay attention to detail when teching a marker but I did especially on this one to make sure I wouldn't hurt it. Feels good to put an old, discarded piece of history back in the game. The Shoebox has an interesting history and was actually an important marker in the movement to EP solenoids. I never knew any of it.
Old 08-22-2012, 07:36 PM #7
bnkr king

to you sir, good post. You thought you had a lemon, turns out you got a gem, or should we say emerald lol
Old 08-23-2012, 08:25 PM #9
cptnemo66

Annual Supporting Member
cptnemo66 is BST Trusted
cptnemo66 is playing at Living Legends VII
cptnemo66 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
cptnemo66 has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
cptnemo66 is attending Decay of Nations VI
cptnemo66 supports Empire
Sweet shoebox! Pretty much hit the Shocker trifecta there! Where do you keep getting all these abandoned rough gems to restore? The polished prostock was sweet too! The switch on the front is a select fire switch. Semi, 3round burst, full auto. If its a Turbo board the semi position is turbo, unless the turbo dip switch on the board is turned off, then its just semi. Other than the size. Old Shockers are great guns. Might not be tourney ready anymore. But Ive went recballing twice now since my 10 year break and come across a slr687mercedes whatyacallit, a couple ego's and an axe and have held my own just fine. My 2k Vsport Turbo is 9bps turbo(ramping) or 13bps semi. Plenty fast for recball, maybe even lower level tourney play. Isnt PSP capped at 12 or something? Dont really follow it anymore. Also old shocker are prolly the flatest shooting guns out there. Barely any kick either, prolly due to the weight lol. I plan to upgrade to a newer Shocker for the size, but Im never getting rid of my shoebox!

Last edited by cptnemo66 : 08-23-2012 at 08:28 PM.
cptnemo66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 08:49 PM #10
Tempted (Banned)

Just lucky I guess. I've also stumbled upon a Naughty Dog Shocker, a bunch of Automags(including an RT and RT Pro), some ancient Spyders, etc. And the other Shoebox I got with this one.
Old 08-24-2012, 05:26 PM #11
Tempted (Banned)

Finally got a camera with more than 1 megapixel.

Old 08-25-2012, 02:57 PM #12
Stamped
Outnumbered not outguned

has been a member for 10 years
Very nice shoebox! i am not suprised you got it to shoot. Even when we were all shooting timmys and SFT shockers, a shoebox was in my bag cause it was a go to back-up. I LOVE playing rec ball with these guns, so accurate, makes the kids sad. Since they are all I have now, I again use mine to play on the airball field, just like it is 2002 again. with the gus caped you can shoot plenty fast enough. Also you are right they were the gun that made everyone have to go electronic. No one could compete with the All Americans back in the day.

I would like to talk to anyone with rare or unusual shoebox SHOCKERS! HSW,WERM,RIPPER,old pro team guns etc. If you want to sell, or just trade notes look me up!
Stamped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 04:13 PM #13
cptnemo66

Annual Supporting Member
cptnemo66 is BST Trusted
Green is not my color but that is very nice!
Old 08-27-2012, 01:27 PM #14
Tempted (Banned)

Guys I'm curious, have any of you seen this paint scheme before? The marker is sold, all I'm waiting for is a shipping address, but I've been trying to find a twin just for kicks. I found an orange/yellow fade that sold on here a few years back. Just can't find a green one.
Old 08-27-2012, 02:36 PM #15
Tempted (Banned)

Here is Shoebox #2, the black one, taking its first shots.

Old 08-27-2012, 03:10 PM #16
cptnemo66

Annual Supporting Member
cptnemo66 is BST Trusted
Yes I have seen green fade before, but not for a long time. Ive also seen blue fade, red fade & orange fade. These were the 2001 & 2002 Shockers. The last years, so not many were made. And if Im guessing right as to the guy you sold it to, he has a blue fade one for sale right now.
Old 08-27-2012, 04:37 PM #17
Tempted (Banned)

Not sure if he is selling a blue one.

But a red fade sounds awesome. Was it red to yellow?
Old 08-27-2012, 07:12 PM #18
cptnemo66

Annual Supporting Member
cptnemo66 is BST Trusted
If I remember right it was silver to red. Kinda like the blue fade ones.
Old 08-28-2012, 12:21 PM #19
Stamped
Outnumbered not outguned

has been a member for 10 years
There are lots of two and three color fades. But never many of each one. Even single color guns (red, blue, green, ect.) Were short runs. Or special order.

I would like to talk to anyone with rare or unusual shoebox SHOCKERS! HSW,WERM,RIPPER,old pro team guns etc. If you want to sell, or just trade notes look me up!
Stamped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 12:40 PM #20
Tempted (Banned)

For what these things cost in 1997 they should have been gold plated with ruby jewels delivered by a guy in white gloves who washes the marker for free every week.
Old 08-28-2012, 08:21 PM #21
cptnemo66

Annual Supporting Member
cptnemo66 is BST Trusted
Why? They were a couple hundred cheaper than the Angels at the time. Thats why I ened up with a vsport in 2000 and not an LCD.