Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 03-10-2014, 12:44 PM #1
n_lintag08

What are some good upgrades for a mini

I'm new in the paintball scene and I just bought an invert mini. What are some good upgrades I can get for my marker ?
n_lintag08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 12:27 PM #2
Christian P
UWL and Scenario

Christian P is playing at Living Legends VI
Christian P is playing at Living Legends VII
Christian P has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Christian P is attending Decay of Nations VII
I'd start with a trigger to get a better feel and adjustability. CP has a Rake trigger and Violent has a mini trigger with an upgraded pin. Both are great and are under $30 for either one. Both have spring return systems to assist with bounce and return.

I'd look at a Boss bolt to reduce kick. Lurker makes a bolt as well, but I felt more kick with it compared to stock or the Boss Bolt.

Last I'd get an On/Off ASA to make tank removal easier. It's the most expensive out of the mods I listed but it's a nice feature.

I play at: Urban Assault, McDonald, PA - Steeltown, Etna, PA - Three Rivers Paintball, Freedom, Pa
I don't drink like I used to, but I shoot more kids and have a better time.
Christian P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 07:24 PM #3
crazyturtlenick

crazyturtlenick has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
crazyturtlenick has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
crazyturtlenick supports Empire
Do not buy a CP trigger. They have just as much play as the stock one. I returned mine the next day and the guy said that they arent the best. Ive got the lurker bolt upgrade and the lurker poppet upgrade. If you search for it youll find a large thread about it. As far as asa on/off, save the $80+ and buy a trinity one that screws onto the tank and gun. It only add about 1.5" to the length and is very easy to use. You can find one on ebay for $20. I would get a freak kit for sure, its helped my gun by allowing lower pressure to operate. The foregrip extender is a nice upgrade as well, people who i've spoken to say they love it. its $33 on ebay. Dont change the feedneck, the stock one is very good in gripping the hopper and the lever isnt too hard to operate. Anything past that, grips, board, detents is all users choice and should be purchased after youve played with the gun for a while and tried other people's guns that have those upgrades. Anyways, hopes this helps.
Old 04-13-2014, 08:04 PM #4
opforce

I had a gen 2 mini. It didnt work out well for me. I did a techt bolt and spring kit and it just wouldn't cycle right. I replaced the asa with an axe one to get the on/off ability. I had virtue board and eyes. From my experience it wouldn't work straight for more then 500 rounds or so before the cycling became a problem again with the stock bolt.

Why am I telling your this?

Just play with the gun as it is and change as you fell. If you need to invest in an upgrade off the bat then get a better hopper thats soft on paint.Like a ponokio and idk about vmax. Halo/ invert are a little rough on paint.

I really liked the stock trigger alot and could keep up with any one speed wise.
I know because now I shoot and ego VL1 and i borrowed a dye rotor for the weekend. No speed difference when shooting semi uncapped.

So look up the vmax or invest in a nice two piece barrel. The porting on the stock barrel starts a little early for my taste.
opforce is offline   Reply With Quote