Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 03-27-2015, 11:34 PM #1
Zambony

Help with equipment

Hi, I'm very new to paintball, and I purchased a 2011 proto matrix rail, and the battery inside is a 9v. First question is, is it rechargeable? And if it is, do I just buy a 9v battery charger? And if it's not, do I purchase a rechargeable 9v?
Zambony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-28-2015, 01:19 AM #2
masiman

masiman is playing at Living Legends VIII
masiman is playing at Living Legends Dreaded
masiman owns a Planet Eclipse Gtek
masiman supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zambony View Post
Hi, I'm very new to paintball, and I purchased a 2011 proto matrix rail, and the battery inside is a 9v. First question is, is it rechargeable? And if it is, do I just buy a 9v battery charger? And if it's not, do I purchase a rechargeable 9v?
It is likely not a rechargeable 9v. I would not use a rechargeable in a marker. They do not hold as much juice as non-rechargeables.
masiman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 07:41 PM #3
dorsai

has been a member for 10 years
dorsai posts videos on PbNation
With the new technology that's now available I'd
opt for one of the longer lasting type batteries.
Office: 407.563.3884
Cell: 239.410.9632
Email: ADorsai@aol.com
dorsai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2015, 01:01 PM #4
gbk2
ubpaintball.com

gbk2 plays in the PSP
gbk2 is an NCPA National Champion
Nice pickup man, to help you get familiar with the gun check out the Dye forum for help/advice to get that gun shooting nicely.

http://www.pbnation.com/forumdisplay.php?f=597
gbk2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2015, 10:59 AM #5
ILoveHelloKitty85

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zambony View Post
Like what everyone else is saying, don't do the rechargeable batteries. To get into more in depth of the reason why is because aren't reliable. When being used, if its brand new or even old, they only last a specific range of full charges that you have done to it. After that, they don't hold a nice full charge for that long. Even when just charged fully. Do have to admit, they are getting batteries to last longer and work better. But compared to normal single use batteries, they just don't cut it.

I do believe markers will be using 2 AA batteries in the future, instead of one 9v battery. Since Planet Eclipse made the Geo CS1, which in fact does take two AA batteries. They say it can do just as well or even better than the 9v. If this is right, it's one thing that other companies might want to dabble into. Only having to worry about one type of battery is very helpful.
ILoveHelloKitty85 is online now   Reply With Quote