Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 04-22-2013, 10:52 PM #1
Chaluba

Serious Snake Talk

Any advance tips on playing snake fellas ?!
Chaluba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-24-2013, 08:08 PM #2
msiegfried24

msiegfried24 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
msiegfried24 plays in the APPA beginner division
msiegfried24 supports DLX Technology
msiegfried24 supports Empire
1 when your pinned down and cant look up to see where you are getting shot from, look up at the stream of paintballs to determine where the other team is.

2. Talk with your back player and have him be the eyes for you

3. Dont worry about s1 go straight to s2. The farther you go the better field position you have.
msiegfried24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 04:55 PM #3
emerluvinpb!
free paint

^^ that is exacty what T.Troll said in his youtube vid.

Chill and breathe. When you get into snake, relax for a min. Guns will be turned towards you.
In practice, always gun your way into snake. It will better your skills, force yourself to work hard to get into snake. Gun up to your primary and work your way over.
Running otb- anyone can do. Wrap. Shoot. Move
Keep yo head upp
Old 05-01-2013, 10:36 PM #4
Paper_Cut
Keyboard Warrior

Annual Supporting Member
A friend taught me a cool trick I use all the time if I am forced to take on my mirror in snake.
What you do is come out 2-3 times from the side, try and lure him into posting on you from the side. Then when he is posted and sticking out. Come up over the top of the bunker and you've got an excellent shot.

98% of paintballers make up statistics. Post this in your sig if you're part of the 2% that doesn't.
Paper_Cut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 07:50 PM #5
Morbiddog
I wasn't even there!!!

When I am in the snake and I am taking cover I like to look at the direction of the paint coming over the bunker. I am able to tell where people that are firing at me are at. This has always worked for me!
Morbiddog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 11:25 PM #6
benjamin0694

benjamin0694 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Smile

These are great tips I play the snake sum and these could come In handy
benjamin0694 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 10:02 AM #7
gbk2
ubpaintball.com

gbk2 plays in the PSP
gbk2 is an NCPA National Champion
Lot of guys saying look at the paint, as you get better you won't even need to look you'll just be able to hear it, but to take that farther -

Find the paint, recognize the angle it's coming from. Then in your bunker find a position that you can bring your head up without taking a direct look at that stream of paint. Quick head check first to see the coast is clear, then if all OK then come up into a shooting position. I call this "intelligence gathering".

Once you're in a good position where you can see the field and not get shot you've got some options. You're now playing paintball instead of eating dirt like a sandy towel-head, and you've got a great chance to help control this game. Work the inside angles for a second, maybe you'll get a free kill on D-side, that would be awesome, but if nothing easy is there then you are gunna hafta get dirty and make something, that is after-all your job.

Making things happen is tricky, requires patience and most of all good gun-skills. Luckily you're out on the wire and up field so you get a little bonus in the gun fights, there's a lot less pressure on you than the back guy standing straight up in a can fighting to stop this super-aggressive snake player from coming down and rocking his buddy in the dome-piece. What I suggest is practicing dominance, and practice going across those short gaps even if paint is flying somewhere near you. You're going to need to make a move with paint flying over your head or through the lane you want to use. Easy way to do that is bait the shooter into a gunfight, as soon as his gun turns to fight with you it's and easy bump under his gun... He can see you go! But he can't stop you because his lane is now where your head used to be and you're way to fast for him to even pray that he gets a ball to land on you.

I'm on an iPhone so typing is getting hard. I'll end there. Remember, gunskills get kills kids.
WELLSVILLE FSU CREW#5
gbk2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 11:00 PM #8
iiisin

iiisin owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
iiisin plays in the APPA beginner division
iiisin owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
Thanks for the tips!
iiisin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 07:01 AM #9
thenoob23
Competitive Edge

thenoob23 is playing at Living Legends VI
thenoob23 supports Team VICIOUS
Right off break, run.......Lol
Rotor W/ Speedfeed
Super Freak Kit
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
thenoob23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 08:43 PM #10
wangerinjaw

wangerinjaw plays in the PSP
wangerinjaw plays in the APPA D4 division
play on the dorito side every once in a while. It makes it a lot easier to get kills and not get shot if you know what your opponents see.

Adrenalin Army AA ALL DAY
wangerinjaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 01:28 PM #11
1/3skilled
KCCO

if you are not getting shot at move up!
1/3skilled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 12:43 PM #12
Chiefier
'Mericuh.

Chiefier is playing at Living Legends VII
Chiefier owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Chiefier plays in the APPA D5 division
Chiefier supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paper_Cut View Post
A friend taught me a cool trick I use all the time if I am forced to take on my mirror in snake.
What you do is come out 2-3 times from the side, try and lure him into posting on you from the side. Then when he is posted and sticking out. Come up over the top of the bunker and you've got an excellent shot.
I have done this many times
Old 11-29-2013, 07:31 PM #13
coolaj199

Get as far up as you can in the beggining u may catch some people off guard
coolaj199 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 11:06 AM #14
jacksonwill
Edmonton impact fan

jacksonwill owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Sit tight if you are getting shot at. If you're in s3, two guns will be on you. You'll cause chaos and help your team out on the other side of the field. You're better off alive than taking out a player and getting shot.

If nobody is on your tape, go up as far as you can without crossing any gaps. At world cup, players were always in snake 1 and 3 as there was holes in the snake and teams would lane those breaks in the snake.

When bunkering someone in the snake, jump over the snake beam, switch sides, and put 15 into his neck if he's got his gun up. Make sure hes out if you're going out. I've made the mistake of only outing two or three into em many time and they just wipe the hits off.

Finally, listen to your coach on the sidelines, if your league allows it. The psp being so popular I'm assuming it is allowed. I found it much easier to get 2 or 3 g's in a game with your sideline coach telling you where the opponents are.

Hope these help

Justin Cornell #1 Fan
jacksonwill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 11:08 AM #15
jacksonwill
Edmonton impact fan

jacksonwill owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Forgot one, always have your outside knee up when snappin down the tape, so that you can launch into a dive. And it's good practice to have your outside knee up as its the proper way to kneel in a bunker. Worse angle for your opponents to hit a foot.

Justin Cornell #1 Fan
jacksonwill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 08:23 PM #16
jronzo
passing by your bunker

jronzo owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
jronzo has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
jronzo has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
i always try to gun for s1 off the break and from there i drag myself to the first knuckle and start talking to the back players. but the key tip to any newer snake player is if your knuckle is getting laned, crawl back as low as you can and try to snap him out. but like someone said up above always keep talking to your back players they are your eyes. also like another person said above this post, if your not getting shot at bump up to s2
jronzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 12:06 AM #17
hayden1406
~

hayden1406 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
hayden1406 plays in the APPA beginner division
hayden1406 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
hayden1406 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacksonwill View Post
Sit tight if you are getting shot at. If you're in s3, two guns will be on you. You'll cause chaos and help your team out on the other side of the field. You're better off alive than taking out a player and getting shot.

If nobody is on your tape, go up as far as you can without crossing any gaps. At world cup, players were always in snake 1 and 3 as there was holes in the snake and teams would lane those breaks in the snake.

When bunkering someone in the snake, jump over the snake beam, switch sides, and put 15 into his neck if he's got his gun up. Make sure hes out if you're going out. I've made the mistake of only outing two or three into em many time and they just wipe the hits off.

Finally, listen to your coach on the sidelines, if your league allows it. The psp being so popular I'm assuming it is allowed. I found it much easier to get 2 or 3 g's in a game with your sideline coach telling you where the opponents are.

Hope these help

Getting a better field position> getting kills

2 enemy guns on you is just as good as you getting a kill

Air Assault Paintball ~ Valley Paintball
hayden1406 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 03:58 PM #18
myhomieg
2k6

Annual Supporting Member
myhomieg owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
myhomieg is an NCPA player
myhomieg supports Pev's Paintball
myhomieg plays in the APPA D5 division
myhomieg has achieved Level 4 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacksonwill View Post
Forgot one, always have your outside knee up when snappin down the tape, so that you can launch into a dive. And it's good practice to have your outside knee up as its the proper way to kneel in a bunker. Worse angle for your opponents to hit a foot.
i disagree. inside knee up so you can hump the **** out of your knuckle and get super tight.

Radford University Paintball Team

|G.I. Sportz|Dye|Vforce|Draxxus|
|PEVS|
myhomieg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 08:41 AM #19
hayden1406
~

hayden1406 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
hayden1406 plays in the APPA beginner division
hayden1406 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
hayden1406 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by myhomieg View Post
i disagree. inside knee up so you can hump the **** out of your knuckle and get super tight.
But having your outside knee up allows you to move up the snake easier and use it to push yourself into cover in the snake.

Air Assault Paintball ~ Valley Paintball
hayden1406 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 02:15 PM #20
kaiyak

Annual Supporting Member
kaiyak owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
kaiyak has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
kaiyak has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
kaiyak has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Having your outside knee up allows you to snap much better than if you were to have your inside knee up FYI. You should be looking at the paint stream coming in while your crawling or sliding into s2. By the time you get there you should know what your shots are and who's shooting at you.

When I play I let my back player do most of the communicating as it's his job to shoot the opposite side as me, although that takes chemistry and field awareness on both players parts. He says "bump" I go. As mentioned earlier making your presence known can be extremely helpful and turn the guns towards you, allowing your d-side players to make their moves. Most importantly, play the entire snake. Everyone who says go straight to s2, is ignoring the fact that often times you have drop shots on people from s1 if you know the field well enough. You shouldn't just be playing the mini races, or cakes or w.e at the snake knuckles, but you should be playing the entire snake.
Tri-City Legends #8
Collar City Shakedown #8
Brunswick, NY
Tri-City Extreme http://tricityextreme.com/ -enter Legends in the comment field when ordering
Proud member of the 518th Brigade
Proud member of TrashTalk Paintball

Luxe 2.0, Clone GTi, and 2014 Vapor F/S/T http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...009&highlight=

DM14 F/S/T http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...1#post81931321
kaiyak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 09:50 PM #21
TheMMPaintball
Freestyle

TheMMPaintball plays in the PSP
TheMMPaintball plays in the APPA D4 division
TheMMPaintball has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
TheMMPaintball supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiyak View Post
Having your outside knee up allows you to snap much better than if you were to have your inside knee up FYI.

Maybe For you it helps, but i know for me its the opposite

St.Louis Freestyle
TheMMPaintball is offline   Reply With Quote