PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 09-10-2012, 03:05 PM #22
zeenops

Quote:
Originally Posted by everst75 View Post
I let everyone know that I'm using pump so they underrate me lol
At tournaments that automatically happens, until we take the field and destroy them.
Mobscene #37
zeenops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-11-2012, 01:18 PM #23
JRWoods
Fort Worth Legend

JRWoods owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeenops View Post

At tournaments that automatically happens, until we take the field and destroy them.
I can attest to that.
JRWoods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 02:17 PM #24
onepumpchump13
Total Greif #13

Only thing that comes to mind is when shooting from a lower bunker like snake or a low Dorito. Trying to pump from that position and the ease of shooting it with a semi is definitely noticeable till you get used to it. Once you get comfy though I really don't notice it any more. I guess I need to play more semi, I have forgotten semi not the other way around lol..

http://www.xtremepaintballpark.com/
http://www.chipleymachine.com/
http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=1809223332
onepumpchump13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 02:48 PM #25
fulnix

fulnix is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
fulnix is an NCPA player
Use less paint and field position to make up for my lack in firepower. That's about it.

Bringin ya mAd bUnKEr love since 1993
fulnix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 07:04 PM #26
coup

[quote=SamareI;76552916]I don't mean that you have to jack a ball into the breach....

I mean how is your play different?

I play a lot smarter and i'm more observant on whats going on. I also practice a lot with my pump like: aim, shooting left and right and a lot PATIENCE!!

What do you different then if you had a semi/ramp/auto?

well, with semi i had POWER by volume and its easy to keep your opponent bunker in. But with a pump its all about ACCURACY making that one shot count.

And how do you do it?

Practice, practice, practice my friend. Ever since i got into pump and got used to it.....i'm a monster now.............semi beware!!! muahahaahahhaaaa!!!!!

Karnivor "Slore" pump w/ Splash colors w/ guerrilla tank 48/4500
CCM T2 "Fugly" w/ ninja boobie tank
Karnivor Pro Stock black n gold prostock
CCM 6.5 "Hoho" metallic purple n teal
coup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 09:32 PM #27
Phantom_Dave

I am an aggressive player to start with. So I move a lot and shot a lot. Not crazy, just don't sit at one bunker for to long. Snap shot 1-3 balls and duck back in behind bunker, repeat till I see the other guy do the same, then move to a better position on them. This is how I play pump.

When I use my Ego07 I do the same but I tend to get overly aggressive and sloppy. I try to keep someone pinned down or bunker them when I should just sit back for a second and play it smarter.

So basically when I play pump, I wait till someone gets sloppy and take advantage of that, when I play semi, I am usually the one that gets sloppy.
Phantom_Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 02:29 AM #28
Joe Trumbo

Joe Trumbo owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
I dont wear a pod pack.
Joe Trumbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 06:10 AM #29
HeatedNubbycake
^^^Gamertag^^^

HeatedNubbycake plays in the PSP
HeatedNubbycake supports Team VICIOUS
HeatedNubbycake supports Pev's Paintball
extremely aggressive. my entire setup for pump weighed just over the weight of my dm6 (pump weighs roughly 3.6lb's loaded w/ tank and barrel) which lets me move incredibly fast especially when im not wearing a pod pack. picking your shots, and i find myself caring more about buying GOOD PAINT. the whole mindset is different really, when to move and stuff all changes, go play and find out?

The only urine sample your getting from me is a taste test.
HeatedNubbycake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 09:54 AM #30
tonycon
Knuckleheads Paintball

Annual Supporting Member
tonycon owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
tonycon owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
tonycon owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
tonycon supports our troops
tonycon is Legendary
tonycon owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
I don't wear a pack and I have to pick my shots better than when I play semi. Aggressiveness and strategy stays the same...get out front and don't get shot!

Proudly Sponsored By:
PBExplosion VirtueSpire Valken Paintball

KnuckleHeads Paintball Team
Game footage
tonycon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 03:06 PM #31
oldschool45

Its gotten to the point where paint rattling around in a loader hurts my ears. On airball I watch for bunkers moving to tell where people are and when they move up with a pod pack they sound like a herd of elephants.
I guess you'd say I'm more observant. People expect me to sit back and long ball then stroke out when they get gogged or realize I'm at their 50. I haven't barrel tagged or bunkered anybody yet but its a commin.
oldschool45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 05:33 PM #32
honorakr

honorakr owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
the biggest thing with pump is putting paint on target. most people going from semi to pump have a tendency to play exactly like they always have . but you cant . youll only have one ball going toward the target (not always the case) instead of the 15bps you used too.playing close becomes a necessity and moving fast even more so.but with all the challenges it is still the most fun in paintball bar none. also unlike a regular semi- marker you set the pressure to 300-50 on your reg then do all the adj from your ivg.it also helps to have a semi- in your pocket it *******s appear.
honorakr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 10:38 PM #33
Phiyuck Yiu
Chino

Phiyuck Yiu plays in the PSP
Phiyuck Yiu supports Empire
1. I Aim and time my shots.
2. I usually carry at least one back up pod, I play snake so every ounce counts off the break.
3. I am more patient yet aggressive at the same time.
4. I am more attentive.
5. I buy the best paint money can buy, even if it is practice.

that's all I can think of at the moment.
Old 05-14-2013, 06:20 AM #34
Stitch-GoblinsPB
Glowing Goblins Paintball

Stitch-GoblinsPB has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Stitch-GoblinsPB has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
I play much more aggressively and intelligently. It's like when I use my pump gun my brain turns on. I move more... pick my angles better... pick my shots better... etc.

Despite knowing all that, as soon as I get my electro semi in my hands, the old "accuracy by volume" switch clicks and I post up behind a convenient bunker and blow through copious amounts of paint. I can't make my brain work the same way with a semi.
www.goblinspb.com
Glowing Goblins on Facebook
Glowing Goblins Youtube Channel

Linglestown Paintball, Valken Paintball, Zephyr Paintball, Tag-Z.com, Empire Paintball
Stitch-GoblinsPB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 07:35 AM #35
tippmannrocker90
Git-R-Done!

tippmannrocker90 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
tippmannrocker90 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
I play the same mostly except sometimes with more waiting. With a semi if someone is pounding your bunker you can usually fire back and use your firepower to push them back in. With the pump you have to be more clever and look for an angle to snap out and shoot them while they are being sloppy or from where they can't hit you. You also have to move instead of shoot a lot because you cannot use your firepower to get you out of a sticky situation

Tri State Mafia
Slaying many in the name of the smoking skull
Proudly sponsored by COUSINS PAINTBALL
Like Us on FACEBOOK
https://www.facebook.com/#!/TSMPaintball
tippmannrocker90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 08:18 AM #36
Mr Idiot Box
Rubber Ducky Pump Squad

Mr Idiot Box plays in the PSP
Mr Idiot Box owns a Planet Eclipse CSL
Mr Idiot Box owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
I like to work my way up close shadowing bunkers untill I'm so close I can't miss. Some I catch them by surprise with the right angle. If not I fake one side by throwing an elbow into sight. As soon as I hear the paint start to fly I snap out the other side and shoot them in the face. I had a group of speed ballers shooting well over 20bps at a me last weekend. I just drew fire waited for them to dump paint. Kind of taunted them to keep them focused on me. One by one I snapped them out. Took my time they were so pissed. They must have each dumped a few bags on me not hitting dick. Only to catch one each in the face lol
Old 05-15-2013, 09:44 PM #37
StayFocused&Rush
-----Manny-----

Annual Supporting Member
StayFocused&Rush owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
StayFocused&Rush supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Idiot Box View Post
I like to work my way up close shadowing bunkers untill I'm so close I can't miss. Some I catch them by surprise with the right angle. If not I fake one side by throwing an elbow into sight. As soon as I hear the paint start to fly I snap out the other side and shoot them in the face. I had a group of speed ballers shooting well over 20bps at a me last weekend. I just drew fire waited for them to dump paint. Kind of taunted them to keep them focused on me. One by one I snapped them out. Took my time they were so pissed. They must have each dumped a few bags on me not hitting dick. Only to catch one each in the face lol
lol, I've had that happen to me before, we got some retired pros, that come almost every weekend to our home field and just reck eveybody with them old school cocker..... ****ing bastards....
-G6R/Black & Grey with V.S. trigger, TechT hush bolt, zero ping rammer, BL LP poppit, & 4C eyes

You gas up your marker, strap on your mask, put on your gloves, and walk onto the field...it doesn't matter that you failed a test, or that your girlfriend broke up with you last night, or that you got a ticket on the way there...your world is right for the next couple of hours
StayFocused&Rush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 11:08 PM #38
Oldandsneaky
Still My Pump Badge

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Idiot Box View Post
You're my HERO!!!

You people must be exhausted from watching me do all the work.

I can EXPLAIN it to you, but I can't UNDERSTAND it for you.
Oldandsneaky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 03:24 AM #39
kuyajc2005
Kuya JC

kuyajc2005 is playing at Living Legends VII
kuyajc2005 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
kuyajc2005 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Ive jump made a recent transition to pump and I definitely move alot more (im a back and dorito player) and i save a ton on paint.

With my pump i love playing in the snake (its definitely different) But im still working on my one balling (who knew aiming was such a big deal lol)

To me its super important to get to the critical bunkers on the field.
kuyajc2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 10:32 AM #40
$Praetorian$
VICIOUS Fanatic

$Praetorian$ owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
$Praetorian$ supports Team VICIOUS
$Praetorian$ has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
I personally think I play better with a pump than I do with a Semi.

I'm more focused on movement, and communication. I've noticed if I don't move I get chopped up, but if I push faster and more aggressive then the other players I stay alive and get some pretty good elimination. I like to stay in the middle area and "Broadcast" I am constantly feeding information to the left and right sides along with my snake player telling him where exactly they are at so he can make those quick snap shots.. I think I will primarily play pump for the rest of my paintball existence.
WTB CHEAP Crossover!!
$Praetorian$ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 06:41 PM #41
PumpMonkey_Dave
Pay at the pump.

Like everyone said already, when playing against walk ons, I am more aggressive most of the time. I move a lot more. But also I stop and listen more. After I to get up to an important bunker, I will stop and give myself a 5 count to listen and figure out if anyone knows I am there. If not, I will be very sneaky and try to one ball someone.

So I guess I am somewhere in between. Both more aggressive and more sneaky, but diffidently a better player when I am not using my Ego. What is very cool, is the guys on the fields speedball team have noticed that also. I will play with them when they have team practice. And now instead of being the target dummy, I am just one of the guys. Playing just as hard as they are but using a pump instead.

The artist formally known as Phantom_Dave.
PumpMonkey_Dave is offline   Reply With Quote