PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

ReplyRegional Ups

Old 09-22-2012, 11:31 AM #22
OGD#14
O.G.D.

Annual Supporting Member
How many teams are needed to have said prizes?
OGD#14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-22-2012, 12:18 PM #23
Dave

Dave is a founding member
10, but there's already 12 signed up, but ya never know who's actually paying etc.

Play the Largest Series in NY
Cousinspaintball.com
shopcousins.com
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 12:55 PM #24
OGD#14
O.G.D.

Annual Supporting Member
Thanks
OGD#14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 09:11 AM #25
Rick@CousinsPB

Hey guys, the registration fee goes up Sunday! Sign up now and save!
CousinsPaintball.com
ShopCousins.com
Rick@CousinsPB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 10:10 AM #26
aztek081
Aztekphotos

aztek081 is a Paintball photographer
aztek081 posts videos on PbNation
aztek081 supports Empire

I'll be offering Very Limited photo services to all teams. PM me for details, Pricing and any questions you may have.
Contact Me on my facebook page or Email me at Dave@aztekphotos.com. You can also check out all the pictures from CTS Events 1, 2 & 3 on my Website

Aztekphotos
aztek081 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 11:36 AM #27
akira

akira is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
akira plays in the PSP
akira owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
akira is for the Gunfight
What time is the captain's meeting and time of the 1st game?

Thanks
ObeyPictures.Net

PBN Feedback
akira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 06:27 AM #28
Sullypants

Hey is this tourney going to happen even though there is only 5 teams payed?
Sullypants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 05:15 PM #29
tdoyle13

Annual Supporting Member
tdoyle13 plays in the PSP
tdoyle13 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
tdoyle13 plays in the APPA D4 division
I heard tourney is on they are hopping to get a few more teams by Thursday as they extended the registration at the lower price
tdoyle13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 07:09 PM #30
yankeesfan1121

yankeesfan1121 plays in the PSP
yankeesfan1121 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
yankeesfan1121 plays in the APPA D4 division
i would love to do this tourney but cant do it cuz i ranked d4. good luck to all the teams that participate this weekend event
#21 lets get this **** popping!!!
We're not in it for the money, or the fame. The girls, sex and drugs don't come to us, like other professional sports. We play day-in day-out, sun rise to sun set, sunny or rainy; because we love to play. People question us for our devotion, our obsession to this weird sport; a sport they see as a hobby. It doesn't matter what they think; we play because we love to, because we were born to be a pro paintball athlete, You give 100 percent in the first half of the game, and if that isn't enough in the second half you give what's left." Yogi Berra.

5 Boroughs -11 [color="Red"]Brooklyn Kos 11-12ALL STAR KIDZ 13-COLOR]
yankeesfan1121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 07:12 PM #31
tdoyle13

Annual Supporting Member
tdoyle13 plays in the PSP
tdoyle13 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
tdoyle13 plays in the APPA D4 division
You can be ranked d4 or d5 and have one d3 player on the team
tdoyle13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 09:01 PM #32
Dave

thanks Timmy, for helping out with questions. He's correct D4 race to 2 allows one d3 player.

Cousinspaintball.com
shopcousins.com
Old 10-03-2012, 02:52 PM #33
aztek081
Aztekphotos

aztek081 is a Paintball photographer
aztek081 posts videos on PbNation
aztek081 supports Empire
Dont forget!!! only a few spots left
Quote:
Originally Posted by aztek081 View Post

I'll be offering Very Limited photo services to all teams. PM me for details, Pricing and any questions you may have.
Contact Me on my facebook page or Email me at Dave@aztekphotos.com. You can also check out all the pictures from CTS Events 1, 2 & 3 on my Website

Aztekphotos
aztek081 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 09:04 AM #34
Rick@CousinsPB

Unfortunately we had to cancel the 5 man tournament. Although the event itself seemed to gauge a lot of interest, we just did not get enough paid teams to run it. All teams have been contacted and will be refunded shortly. Sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused you. We hope to run more 5 mans in the future!
CousinsPaintball.com
ShopCousins.com
Rick@CousinsPB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 09:43 AM #35
BadYouth42

Stereo typical long island tournament always canceled 2 days prior to the event! this is why no one signs up for long island event because all the fields flake out!

DO you know how annoying it is to move your whole schedule around to be able to play an event, get time off /trade shifts with people, to finally get the days off, and just as your about to get ready for the weekend the field cancels the event complete bull**** and unprofessional!

DuroThreads Rep for 10% off use code: Mustache

Last edited by BadYouth42 : 10-04-2012 at 09:48 AM.
BadYouth42 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 10:06 AM #36
Team.Infected
Beast Coast

Team.Infected supports Team VICIOUS
Team.Infected posts videos on PbNation
Team.Infected plays in the APPA D4 division
Team.Infected supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadYouth42 View Post
Stereo typical long island tournament always canceled 2 days prior to the event! this is why no one signs up for long island event because all the fields flake out!

DO you know how annoying it is to move your whole schedule around to be able to play an event, get time off /trade shifts with people, to finally get the days off, and just as your about to get ready for the weekend the field cancels the event complete bull**** and unprofessional!
I really dont know what you would like them to do. How do you run an event with 5 teams. Im assuming the cost to run an event would outweigh the profit of 5 teams. Also thats basically shutting down a field from having teams come for practice and recball sunday.
You really want them to give DM12s away when there are 5 paying teams? the entry alone wouldnt come near the cost of 5 DM12s.

I have no affiliation with the field or league, ive never been there. But i think its quite disrespectful and unprofessional to say what you said in an online forum. Say it in person, say it over the phone, say it over PM. Either way represent your team like you are winners.
Team.Infected is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 11:02 AM #37
Dave

Bad,

Understand where we're coming from, our goal with the CTS is to grow the tournament team/ player base in NY, by giving people events that are well run, fairly reffed and with prizes that make them worth trying to win. The goal is twofold; Pete and I played when teams from the area were winning national events regularly, in fact we played on some of those teams, there's NEVER been a better facility on LI to practice, develop these players, etc. than right now. We want NY back on the tournament paintball map. (This btw isn't a slight on any of the teams like LIFT, etc. who have been grinding their ***** off) The second goal is to get people to our fields playing more and into our stores buying the supplies they need.

We sat for an hour trying to decide what to do, run an event and lose our shirts on it? Maybe. We extended the deadline and contacted everybody we talked to that SWORE they were coming to see what's up, and got a grip of excuses, etc. Some valid, some hysterical. (I'm saving money for x,y,z was my favorite. Win the event walk away with a gun worth a grand!!) After waiting a couple days, and nobody else signed up, we had to decide to not to lose roughly 2 grand on an event that we felt we gave every possible opportunity to succeed.

My question to you guys, is what could we do more to make these events happen, and us not to lose a pile of money doing so? I feel the prizes were as good or better than any other event in recent history, the field is amazing and the reffing and organization are very solid. We WANT these events to happen, we did everything we can conceive of to make them happen and the teams don't sign up.

If we're missing something, please don't keep it a secret,

Dave Rotunda
Cousins Paintball

Quote:

Cousinspaintball.com
shopcousins.com
Old 10-04-2012, 11:32 AM #38
Team.Infected
Beast Coast

Team.Infected supports Team VICIOUS
Team.Infected posts videos on PbNation
Team.Infected plays in the APPA D4 division
Team.Infected supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
Bad,

Understand where we're coming from, our goal with the CTS is to grow the tournament team/ player base in NY, by giving people events that are well run, fairly reffed and with prizes that make them worth trying to win. The goal is twofold; Pete and I played when teams from the area were winning national events regularly, in fact we played on some of those teams, there's NEVER been a better facility on LI to practice, develop these players, etc. than right now. We want NY back on the tournament paintball map. (This btw isn't a slight on any of the teams like LIFT, etc. who have been grinding their ***** off) The second goal is to get people to our fields playing more and into our stores buying the supplies they need.

We sat for an hour trying to decide what to do, run an event and lose our shirts on it? Maybe. We extended the deadline and contacted everybody we talked to that SWORE they were coming to see what's up, and got a grip of excuses, etc. Some valid, some hysterical. (I'm saving money for x,y,z was my favorite. Win the event walk away with a gun worth a grand!!) After waiting a couple days, and nobody else signed up, we had to decide to not to lose roughly 2 grand on an event that we felt we gave every possible opportunity to succeed.

My question to you guys, is what could we do more to make these events happen, and us not to lose a pile of money doing so? I feel the prizes were as good or better than any other event in recent history, the field is amazing and the reffing and organization are very solid. We WANT these events to happen, we did everything we can conceive of to make them happen and the teams don't sign up.

If we're missing something, please don't keep it a secret,

Dave Rotunda
Cousins Paintball
Its just rough cause your right around Cup, vegas, EPL, MAPL(just a guess), and a few other tournaments that took away from your event. I dont really know what to tell you, just pointing something out
Team.Infected is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 11:38 AM #39
BadYouth42

understandable, but still many reasons this is a bad decision on your part. But you guys should be used to running tournament with a low participating rate all. IE: your last 2 5mans have had 5 maybe 6 teams show up for both events....
A) your deadline to pay is tonight so canceling an event before that is just plan.. well you...
B) you should have put on your advertisement a disclaimer saying you need a certain amount of team to has this event.
C) keep the event going just offer different prizes by calling all the captains of the teams who paid and offer them a different option..

Also my apologize for the first post being so harsh but its not fun finding out something like that kinda of thing first thing in the morning.

To answer this question is one huge factor ADVERTISEMENT!!! you made 2 forums about this event and didnt keep the hype up...
If you need a marketing consultant PM me im more than happy to help you out.

DuroThreads Rep for 10% off use code: Mustache
BadYouth42 is online now   Reply With Quote
ReplyRegional Ups