Community Focus
Community Focus

ReplyNews Ups

Old 10-11-2012, 02:07 PM #169
georgeyew

georgeyew supports Pev's Paintball
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenie View Post
These tanks are DOT and TC approved, so they will hold up as-well as other tanks. If they blow up, or cracked, that's most likely user error.
Then why don't they just warranty them for the duration of the 5 year hydro?
georgeyew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-11-2012, 06:15 PM #170
greenie
v(BEES KNEES)v

greenie plays in the PSP
greenie helped look for balloons
greenie plays in the APPA D4 division
greenie supports Empire
Both Ninja and Guerrilla have a warranty of 1 year (Check their site if you don't believe me)
I could not find any information on Crossfire's site. Empire has a 90 day warranty!
Looks to me like they are doing what other companies are doing. Similar to how most car companies do 5 years/200,000 miles.
Old 10-11-2012, 08:26 PM #171
Dave

Dave is a founding member
Had one of these come in today to get filled, the fill nipple and gauge were leaking, after we re-sealed both and started to fill it, the gauge blew out. The threads on the gauge ripped right out. My boy is fine because he had a creepy feeling and stood to the side of the tank, if he hadn't, who knows what could have happened.

Please, if you're dealing with an object that could possible kill you spend the extra money and buy something from a reputable manufacturer.

Play the Largest Series in NY
Cousinspaintball.com
shopcousins.com
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 09:55 PM #172
georgeyew

georgeyew supports Pev's Paintball
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenie View Post
Both Ninja and Guerrilla have a warranty of 1 year (Check their site if you don't believe me)
I could not find any information on Crossfire's site. Empire has a 90 day warranty!
I am not picking on ANS tank specifically. I think that all tanks should have a longer warranty. However, I've seen how good Ninja is with their after sale support. I have no doubt that they would honor the warranty even past the 1 year mark. ANS on the other hand....I am not so sure.
georgeyew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 11:42 PM #173
deadly*
⊙▃⊙

deadly* supports Team VICIOUS
deadly* supports Pev's Paintball
deadly* is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
deadly* is Boss
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
Had one of these come in today to get filled, the fill nipple and gauge were leaking, after we re-sealed both and started to fill it, the gauge blew out. The threads on the gauge ripped right out. My boy is fine because he had a creepy feeling and stood to the side of the tank, if he hadn't, who knows what could have happened.

Please, if you're dealing with an object that could possible kill you spend the extra money and buy something from a reputable manufacturer.

jesus. glad to hear you're okay. what went wrong if you had already re-sealed it?
Old 10-11-2012, 11:55 PM #174
private_silver
Fire and Forget.

private_silver is an NCPA player
private_silver plays in the APPA D5 division
So the Gauge blew out? Woo, that doesn't mean the tank is trash. Not to bash, and Glad your friend is okay, but really.

For all of 12-50$ more (Still putting this tank anywhere from 20-40$ cheaper than a "name brand"), he could have bought a Myth, Stealth, or Ninja Reg and put it on.

I personally don't trust the tape, I use loctite or something similar for anything that I need to not move, because honestly, unless you are completely careless and slopping it everywhere, there is no difference. Something is being put between the threads to make them hold stronger.
Crossfire 68/45 w/ Stealth
private_silver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 07:06 AM #175
Dave

Dave is a founding member
The issue isn't the bottle, all bottles go through a very rigorous testing procedure by the DOT, etc. I'm not concerned with them at all.

I didn't work on this tank, but I was nearby when it was being done. It seemed like the threaded holes' tolerances were loose, so unless he put an unusual amount of sealant on the fittings they would leak. I haven't seen that on much else other than 32 degrees Asa's back in the day.

Correct, if you really must buy from ANS spend the extra money on a ninja reg.

Play the Largest Series in NY
Cousinspaintball.com
shopcousins.com
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyNews Ups

Paintball News Rules
  1. No Upping threads. If you have something to say, please do, but don't post in the thread just to take it to the top of the forum.
  2. Do not post "1st post", "1st", "First post" or anything similar (or with any other number) at any point in a thread, even if you post a comment too. It is really annoying and it will result in a ban.
  3. If you don't like something, say why instead of just calling it ugly, lame, gay or any other name. If it is old, simply post a link or report the post with a link to the older News thread.
  4. Please don't post links for places to buy items. That encourages stores, sponsored players and other people to do it and spam the site.
If you have questions, please post them in the Talk to Mods/Admins forum.