Community Focus
Community Focus

ReplyNews Ups

Old 08-28-2012, 01:24 PM #106
fAllout_oMen

fAllout_oMen donated to help Peyton Trent
fAllout_oMen helped look for balloons
fAllout_oMen is an NCPA player
Some of you are complaining about a company putting out a cheaper product.

How about you enjoy the fact that paintball is getting cheaper, because it really needs to be. That'll bring more people to the sport/allow you to play more.

The bottles are all certified and passed regulations, etc. Nothing dangerous about these, no new technology. Just someone offering a basic, cheap tank that will perform just fine.

Ninja/GA will suffer, and its about time. They spend way too much of their revenues that you give them on marketing, we dont need that.

Wanna cry about a company undercutting the competition? That just means you've been getting ripped off in the past, plain and simple. ANS could be becoming the Walmart of the industry. You know whats nice about Walmart? EVERYTHING IS CHEAP. Walmart doesnt have "specialty" items, you go to a special store for that sort of thing (like paintball gear). If other tank companies had anything "special" in their inventory, you'll still pay for that. Fact of the matter is, most of us dont need a fancy red-coated tank w/ 2 o-rings and a adjustable reg, the basic tank works perfectly for 99% of the people
fAllout_oMen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-28-2012, 02:21 PM #107
IgnoranceInABag

Annual Supporting Member
IgnoranceInABag plays in the PSP
IgnoranceInABag plays in the APPA D2 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infidel1 View Post
Its great that you care so much <*tear*> but you cant change something by whining on an internet forum like a couple of girls fighting over a hairbrush. You would be better off writing to CF and telling them your issue and why you believe its harmful to the industry.

If the reputable companies have a problem with it, they will act upon it... until then you need to accept it, deal with it, and move on.
whats the point of having a forum if people arent supposed to voice their oppinions and discuss them with other members of the same community?
Old 08-28-2012, 03:23 PM #108
Infidel1
PBNs Public Enemy #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by IgnoranceInABag View Post
whats the point of having a forum if people arent supposed to voice their oppinions and discuss them with other members of the same community?
Voicing your opinion once is good, even twice is fine... unfortunately, it soon degrades to petty insults and miscellaneous garbage that's completely off topic, for example.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racso View Post
Grammtical errors fixed in red: You're dumb; GA, Ninja and Crossfire do not make their own tanks. They are not tank manufacturers.

Factual errors corrected in red (as well as gramatical corrections to keep consistency): I'm ignorant, arrogant, and thus think I know more than you; GA and Ninja do not make their own tanks, they are not tank manufacturer's. However, Crossfire does indeed manufacture their own tanks
Infidel1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 03:31 PM #109
jdmpurest
Eat ****, Die Slow

jdmpurest owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
jdmpurest has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
jdmpurest has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Why Does Everyone Keep Saying Ans Makes These Tanks!?!??! There Is No Proof Of This Yet Stop Spreading Lies.
Flex Owners Club #150

ehh

"Wool owns. In the Finnish military we had a sweater of wool we called Pillu. It means *ussy because no matter how wet it got, it was always warming"
jdmpurest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 03:50 PM #110
toolbandfan
The dude abides

toolbandfan is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
toolbandfan is playing at Living Legends VII
Wow, good to see cheap tanks!
Old 08-28-2012, 04:39 PM #111
eyeownyu
ryan

eyeownyu plays in the APPA D3 division
inocom bottles are some of my favorites. i have both a dxs and cp tank.

"It's the decisions you make when you have no time to make them that defines who you are." ~ teh_masterer
Only after disaster can we be resurrected. ~Tyler Durden
San Diego Pirates
VSB.
eyeownyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 10:44 PM #112
oldmanian
JLK 10/9/11

Annual Supporting Member
oldmanian is a Supporting Member
oldmanian donated to help Peyton Trent
oldmanian owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
oldmanian supports our troops
oldmanian supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Its great that you care so much....
Actually, I agree it is a good thing that he does care so much. Not everyone does, but he chooses to ask a few questions.

Quote:
You would be better off writing to CF and telling them your issue and why you believe its harmful to the industry..
I am sure that myself and others will be doing just that.

Quote:
...until then you need to accept it, deal with it, and move on.
Not sure I agree with this. I believe that it's ok to question and try and find out more about what's going on. I don't believe that since ANS posted something on the PBN news forum that everyone just has to 'deal with it.' You can do just that and voice your opinion as you have. Others in turn, can voice their opinion and add to the discussion on the topic. There is a few that feel that some additional clarification is needed, and others (like yourself) who are fine just buying this and move on.

Quote:
..but you cant change something by whining on an internet forum like a couple of girls fighting over a hairbrush..
Wow. That's pretty weak, although I'd like to see the forum where chicks fight about hairbrushes as I would actually find that pretty entertaining. Especially the 'pics' section.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fAllout_oMen View Post
Some of you are complaining about a company putting out a cheaper product.

How about you enjoy the fact that paintball is getting cheaper, because it really needs to be. That'll bring more people to the sport/allow you to play more.

The bottles are all certified and passed regulations, etc. Nothing dangerous about these, no new technology. Just someone offering a basic, cheap tank that will perform just fine.

Ninja/GA will suffer, and its about time. They spend way too much of their revenues that you give them on marketing, we dont need that.

Wanna cry about a company undercutting the competition? That just means you've been getting ripped off in the past, plain and simple. ANS could be becoming the Walmart of the industry. You know whats nice about Walmart? EVERYTHING IS CHEAP. Walmart doesnt have "specialty" items, you go to a special store for that sort of thing (like paintball gear). If other tank companies had anything "special" in their inventory, you'll still pay for that. Fact of the matter is, most of us dont need a fancy red-coated tank w/ 2 o-rings and a adjustable reg, the basic tank works perfectly for 99% of the people
Not sure anyone is complaining about a cheaper product, just asking some question about it because what ANS is doing is an abnormal practice. I don't really believe tank cost is keeping anyone out of paintball so I am a bit skeptical that this tanks will really help the sport. I do agree that for 99% of us the basic tank will work fine, and many of us are guilty of overspending on our gear. As for Walmart, I'll refrain from comment on that, as it's getting off topic and not pertinent to my point.
Originally posted by Lurker27:" ...incompetence has no raw material..."

Last edited by oldmanian : 08-28-2012 at 10:58 PM.
oldmanian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 04:03 AM #113
mjfraasch

mjfraasch owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
mjfraasch is attending Decay of Nations VI
mjfraasch is attending Decay of Nations VII
got my 48ci tank today, very good quality, very light, Bottle is Korean(south I assume) made, and after examination does not appear to made of pure evil(as some people claim)

I will try and do a full review later
mjfraasch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 07:20 AM #114
Infidel1
PBNs Public Enemy #1

Since you were so nice to dissect my post, I hope you dont mind if I extend the same courtesy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanian View Post
Actually, I agree it is a good thing that he does care so much. Not everyone does, but he chooses to ask a few questions.
Thanks.

Quote:
I am sure that myself and others will be doing just that.
You're welcome for the advice, but if you think they are not already aware of this happening you are extremely naive. Also, please let us know their response, the sound of crickets is very relaxing to me.

Quote:
Not sure I agree with this. I believe that it's ok to question and try and find out more about what's going on. I don't believe that since ANS posted something on the PBN news forum that everyone just has to 'deal with it.' You can do just that and voice your opinion as you have. Others in turn, can voice their opinion and add to the discussion on the topic. There is a few that feel that some additional clarification is needed, and others (like yourself) who are fine just buying this and move on.
Questioning is fine, which is what most people did in the first 20 posts. The problem is others are not adding substance to the discussion... its mostly opinions and name calling. Do some investigation, write the companies and post something informative. The reposts, name calling, and grammar nazis are mainly what I was referring to.....

Finally, Who in the hell said I would be buying it? Or are you one of those guys who puts words in someones mouth trying to make a point? Stick to the facts please.

Quote:
Wow. That's pretty weak, although I'd like to see the forum where chicks fight about hairbrushes as I would actually find that pretty entertaining. Especially the 'pics' section.
My apologies for lack of comedic strength, my writers are on vacation. But if you want to see that (hairbrush) forum, just use this one but replace the word tank with hairbrush. The pic section can be found in almost any OT thread.

Last edited by Infidel1 : 08-29-2012 at 07:36 AM.
Old 08-29-2012, 11:08 AM #115
f8al
BOOBY GT FOUNDER

f8al plays in the PSP
f8al donated to help Peyton Trent
f8al owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
f8al owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
f8al posts videos on PbNation
f8al supports our troops
All pissing matched and dick showings aside, I would really like an answer to these questions. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by f8al View Post
Here's what I want to know from a retailer stand point:
1. What does ANS plan to do when these tanks crack since Inocom is having issues with their coating?
2. Are the major reg MFG's (Ninja/Crossfire/GA) aware that ans is using their regs to undercut their prices by putting out their own product?
3. If I were to buy one and the tank arrives with a defect or the reg has a defect, what are they going to do to remedy the situation?

If someone could please chime in and answer these questions, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Email Me For All Your Paintball Needs

My posts are my thoughts and mine alone and should be interpreted as such. They do not reflect the company I work for or any companies I represent.
f8al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 11:38 AM #116
private_silver
Fire and Forget.

private_silver is an NCPA player
private_silver plays in the APPA D5 division
Again, why is ANS coming under so much fire from the tank coating section?

If you bought a Ninja tank from ANS and the coating cracks, dissolves, leaves you in a disheveled mood, are you really calling ANS to get an answer? If you're slightly more intelligent than the average person, one would say NO, you're going to contact Ninja directly. Why is that hard to see? I have never dealt with a company (especially an online one? I grant that if it was a corner store for you, returns would be viable) enough that i went to them BEFORE than manufacturer directly with a problem, it seems backwards to me.
Crossfire 68/45 w/ Stealth
private_silver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 12:19 PM #117
Paint_hore
PBN=SUA syndrome

Annual Supporting Member
Paint_hore is a founding member
I guess people dont remember when Ninja tanks were ~139.95 and people cried about GA being nearly $190, now some of Ninjas tanks are $200! Tanks are way expensive if you ask me.

ANS is showing you it can be done cheaper.

Rediscover: "its good to see you didnt take any flying metal objects to your juggular." 13pbstar13: "I dont have tits bro" (true story)

Last edited by Paint_hore : 08-29-2012 at 05:08 PM. Reason: edited
Paint_hore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 12:31 PM #118
bronze
copper alloy

bronze donated to help Peyton Trent
Quote:
Originally Posted by f8al View Post
All pissing matched and dick showings aside, I would really like an answer to these questions. Thanks.
AFter about 10 minutes in the chat, they claim all issues will be handle through them.

How they handle it, or how they determine if its their fault is scary.
bronze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 12:54 PM #119
oldmanian
JLK 10/9/11

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Since you were so nice to dissect my post, I hope you dont mind if I extend the same courtesy.

You're welcome for the advice, but if you think they are not already aware of this happening you are extremely naive. Also, please let us know their response, the sound of crickets is very relaxing to me.

Questioning is fine, which is what most people did in the first 20 posts. The problem is others are not adding substance to the discussion... its mostly opinions and name calling. Do some investigation, write the companies and post something informative. The reposts, name calling, and grammar nazis are mainly what I was referring to.....

Finally, Who in the hell said I would be buying it? Or are you one of those guys who puts words in someones mouth trying to make a point? Stick to the facts please.
I have asked crossfire via PM, and I am aware that they likely are aware of this, but I remain curious as to WHEN they were made aware of this and whether they agreed to their distributor using their product in this way.

On the issue of me putting words in your mouth, I did not say that you would buy the tank I said "..others (like yourself) who are fine just buying this and move on..." The meaning is that you have no objection to purchaisng this tank. If you are not fine buying this tank, please feel free to correct me.

On the name-calling and such, I don't believe that I've done that in this thread, I've asked questions and have been attacked for asking the questions. I've defended my position on the questions, the reason for those questions and their relevance.
Old 08-29-2012, 03:54 PM #120
jdmpurest
Eat ****, Die Slow

jdmpurest owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
jdmpurest has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
jdmpurest has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanian

I have asked crossfire via PM, and I am aware that they likely are aware of this, but I remain curious as to WHEN they were made aware of this and whether they agreed to their distributor using their product in this way.
Crossfire posted in this thread a few days ago so it might have been at that point when they found out.
Flex Owners Club #150

ehh

"Wool owns. In the Finnish military we had a sweater of wool we called Pillu. It means *ussy because no matter how wet it got, it was always warming"
jdmpurest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 04:02 PM #121
pbgr9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paint_hore View Post
I guess people dont remember when Ninja tanks were ~139.95 and people cried about GA being nearly $200....now look at tank prices today.

ANS is showing you it can be done cheaper.
no it can,t ans is not paying for R & D . I happen to like new and innovative products.
Old 08-29-2012, 05:04 PM #122
Paint_hore
PBN=SUA syndrome

Annual Supporting Member
Paint_hore is a founding member
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbgr9 View Post
no it can,t ans is not paying for R & D . I happen to like new and innovative products.

Ninja made ANS branded regs way back in the day so whats the difference?

Ninja is reading the thread cause they complained about my price up there being off by a measly $5 (hence the edit) so it would be nice to have them chime in on this.

Rediscover: "its good to see you didnt take any flying metal objects to your juggular." 13pbstar13: "I dont have tits bro" (true story)
Paint_hore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 05:44 PM #123
Infidel1
PBNs Public Enemy #1

Quote:

On the issue of me putting words in your mouth, I did not say that you would buy the tank I said "..others (like yourself) who are fine just buying this and move on..." The meaning is that you have no objection to purchaisng this tank. If you are not fine buying this tank, please feel free to correct me.

On the name-calling and such, I don't believe that I've done that in this thread, I've asked questions and have been attacked for asking the questions. I've defended my position on the questions, the reason for those questions and their relevance.
All good.... and FWIW, I am not fine with buying this, Ill stick to Ninja.
Old 08-29-2012, 06:06 PM #124
oldmanian
JLK 10/9/11

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
All good.... and FWIW, I am not fine with buying this, Ill stick to Ninja.
Agreed, all good.
Thanks for keeping the interaction respectful.
Enjoy whatever you shoot wherever you shoot it sir.
Old 08-29-2012, 06:32 PM #125
ChesterMolester
B*tches All Day Erry Day

ChesterMolester is BST Trusted
ChesterMolester posts videos on PbNation
ChesterMolester is an NCPA player
ChesterMolester plays in the APPA D5 division
ChesterMolester has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
I'm glad they labeled it as an airtank. I would have never figured it out otherwise.

How A Tippmann A-5 Works

How A Cyclone Works

"Originally posted by Rubbr Chickin: Everything is worth it. Unless it isnt. Then its not worth it."
ChesterMolester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 07:17 PM #126
WillyW0nka
REGISTERED SEXY OFFENDER

WillyW0nka is a Supporting Member
WillyW0nka plays in the PSP
WillyW0nka supports our troops
WillyW0nka plays in the APPA D4 division
It's just getting cheaper and cheaper to build that full tournament setup. Good for the consumer but it's got to hurt your nuts a little as the store owner that's seeing high-end air tanks are only going for $120 now.
WillyW0nka is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyNews Ups

Paintball News Rules
  1. No Upping threads. If you have something to say, please do, but don't post in the thread just to take it to the top of the forum.
  2. Do not post "1st post", "1st", "First post" or anything similar (or with any other number) at any point in a thread, even if you post a comment too. It is really annoying and it will result in a ban.
  3. If you don't like something, say why instead of just calling it ugly, lame, gay or any other name. If it is old, simply post a link or report the post with a link to the older News thread.
  4. Please don't post links for places to buy items. That encourages stores, sponsored players and other people to do it and spam the site.
If you have questions, please post them in the Talk to Mods/Admins forum.