ReplyNews Ups

Old 08-26-2012, 01:23 PM #64
JohnSherman

Annual Supporting Member
JohnSherman posts videos on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by soccerguy243 View Post
That's not a new feature
When comparing two very similar products, price is most definitely a comparable feature.

Quote:
You mean when most machine code was proprietary to the manufacture? You mean when they took COTS parts and made something that functioned different?
It didn't function all that different, the architecture resembled that of most computers at the time. Not to mention that it used an OS (QDOS/MSDOS) that was a shameless ripoff of CP/M, the standard of the time.

Quote:
you mean its cheaper because the cost of manufacturing parts has come down drastically?
A reduction in the cost of parts brought on by a desire to have a cheaper product than your competition. If competition wasn't a factor, you would still be paying 5 grand for a TV, but the company who produced it would be making a 1000% profit.

Quote:
responses in red. ANS gear isn't competing with other manufactures, they are taking advantage of wholesale pricing.
If you bought enough bottles and regs, you could be paying the same price they are, and be selling your own SG243 brand tanks. People are just pissed that ANS Gear is doing this, not that the idea itself is invalid.
JohnSherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-26-2012, 02:12 PM #65
Evil Rocky

Evil Rocky is playing at Living Legends V
Evil Rocky owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Evil Rocky owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
If it is the same size as my NINJA 68ci tank I will get one.

can someone take measurements.
Evil Rocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 04:10 PM #66
smellslikepork
Ambush - VC

Annual Supporting Member
smellslikepork is BST Legit
smellslikepork is Boss
I've owned previous ANS branded 68/4500 tanks since I started playing and not once have I had any failures with them.

I've also owned a whole bunch of Ninja and Crossfire tanks and regs and have not had one failure with them either.

$120 for a 45/45 tank and $125 for a 68/45 are great prices and I would not hesitate picking them up from ANS.

Last edited by smellslikepork : 08-26-2012 at 04:13 PM.
smellslikepork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 06:25 PM #67
oldmanian
JLK 10/9/11

Annual Supporting Member
oldmanian is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
oldmanian donated to help Peyton Trent
oldmanian owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
oldmanian supports our troops
oldmanian supports DLX Technology
Quote:
...ANS gear isn't competing with other manufactures, they are taking advantage of wholesale pricing. It's almost counterfeiting.
Agreed, but JohnSherman has shown that he either does not grasp this or does not wish to see this.

He is of the belief that this business practice is good for everyone, I disagree and foresee this kind of business practice causing issues, but to each their own. I've openly said that ANS will not get any of my business, and I'll keep saying that.
Originally posted by Lurker27:" ...incompetence has no raw material..."
oldmanian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 06:45 PM #68
jeryzkid22
lone ranger

Annual Supporting Member
I might get one when they drop down in price.
jeryzkid22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 07:57 PM #69
JohnSherman

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanian View Post
He is of the belief that this business practice is good for everyone, I disagree and foresee this kind of business practice causing issues
You have said this, but you haven't given any reason for it. It seems like you are just looking for a reason to **** on ANS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanian View Post
Agreed, but JohnSherman has shown that he either does not grasp this or does not wish to see this.
So every time a business buys parts in bulk in order for their own products, that is an underhanded maneuver? Businesses don't pay retail because they are not the end user, I'm not sure how you aren't grasping that.

Last edited by JohnSherman : 08-26-2012 at 08:03 PM.
Old 08-26-2012, 07:59 PM #70
greenie
v(BEES KNEES)v

greenie plays in the PSP
greenie helped look for balloons
greenie plays in the APPA D4 division
greenie supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeryzkid22 View Post
That's about the lowest they will go. And that's pretty cheap to begin with.

Last edited by greenie : 08-26-2012 at 08:10 PM.
greenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 10:46 PM #71
M98custom1212

Quote:
risk your safety and that of those around you... great.
Yea because that expired date automatically means the tank is bad and gone to explode.

OLD FEEDBACK

No Custom Milling Without A Deposit
Manufacturing Engineer
M98custom1212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 10:52 PM #72
Mishotaki

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeryzkid22 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenie View Post
That's about the lowest they will go. And that's pretty cheap to begin with.
Yeah I highly doubt they are putting a "new product" tax on that one... they are more going with the "we're buying a ****load of them, so buy them so that we can make money on the bulk" discount on there...
Mishotaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 10:52 PM #73
martix_agent
I'm out of creativity

Annual Supporting Member
martix_agent is playing at Living Legends VII
martix_agent is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by M98custom1212 View Post
Yea because that expired date automatically means the tank is bad and gone to explode.
int he same way that milk has an expiration date.
martix_agent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 11:01 PM #74
JohnSherman

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by M98custom1212 View Post
It's not like he was using it for a month after it fell out of hydro, he has been using it for a full 3 years past that date. A guy I used to play with took his tank in to be rehydroed after 5 years, and it was deemed unsafe for use. It is very possible that an 8 year old tank has problems that should prevent it from being filled. A tank's total lifespan depends a lot on the care the owner gives it, and I would say that the kind of moron who continues to use an untested tank is not the type of person who puts much thought into the maintenance and upkeep of his equipment.

Edit: Not to mention that he is putting his field in a very bad legal situation if the government finds out. That's a real dick move over a 50 dollar hydro fee and 1-2 month wait.

Last edited by JohnSherman : 08-26-2012 at 11:03 PM.
Old 08-26-2012, 11:12 PM #75
jeryzkid22
lone ranger

Annual Supporting Member
$50 rehydro and a 2 month weight, do they have to catch the hydro before they send it back?
jeryzkid22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 05:44 AM #76
oldmanian
JLK 10/9/11

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnSherman View Post
You have said this, but you haven't given any reason for it. It seems like you are just looking for a reason to **** on ANS..
Again, there is a typically a distribution agreement in place and it will also typically contain clauses for non-competing. In this case, I can only surmise that Crossfire didn't get one signed by ANS, and as a result ANS has the ability to do this.

That does not make it good business for ANS to do this. It makes all the other manufacturers selling through ANS re-evaluate their relationship. If I am Ninja or Crossfire, I would certainly make sure that I had a revised agreement in place starting today.
Old 08-27-2012, 07:04 AM #77
jdmpurest
Eat ****, Die Slow

jdmpurest owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
jdmpurest has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
jdmpurest has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Everyones word in this thread is pure speculation. All this talk about agreements, clauses, and contracts is rediculous. No one in here knows what ANS is doing. For all we know ANS has spoken with all these manufacturers to get a good deal that helps out everyone. These companies arent stupid, it would be unwise for anyone to think that this product came as a surprise to any of the manufacturers fo these regs/bottle. Its not like one day the owner of Ninja/Crossy/Guerrila is going to go over his distributor list one morning over coffee, check ANSgear.com and be surprised to see this. I think its absurd to assume that ANS is buying up all these regs and bottles and reselling them as a package without the manufacturers knowing. You all are being armchair quarterbacks right now and its annoying. ANS is a great company, they're the only paintball company that caters to service members overseas. They have fair prices and good customer service in my experience. They're shipping is lightning fast. ANS usually charges me $12 to ship a large box to Japan were im stationed, all the other companys charge me close to $30. Obviously ANS is only charging me the USPS rate and not a dime more. All the other shops are trying to rape my wallet.

You guys shouldnt forget every ANS bottle sold, the money still goes back to all the manufacturers.
Flex Owners Club #150

ehh

"Wool owns. In the Finnish military we had a sweater of wool we called Pillu. It means *ussy because no matter how wet it got, it was always warming"

Last edited by jdmpurest : 08-27-2012 at 07:09 AM.
jdmpurest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 07:16 AM #78
Paint_hore
PBN=SUA syndrome

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcbiii View Post
It blows my mind that you guys can't wrap your heads around this.

It's a carbon fiber bottle from Inocom.

Same guys that made the Smart Parts bottles, the DXS bottles, the SLY bottles, the CP bottles, and a million other brands. I have never seen one with a <del>****</del>ty gelcoat, I have never seen one delaminate, and I've never seen one "fail". They are, in my opinion, the best brand made.

My Ninja bottle from Luxfer ("the Grey Ghost") has a tacky gelcoat. Like, if you leave it on your car dash by accident in the heat, it will peel away your dash coating when you move the bottle. This doesn't compromise the safety of the bottle, but still a little frustrating.

My Guerilla bottle (made by Gayston) began to delaminate. Yes, you heard it right. The <del>****</del>ing fibers began to UNWIND from the exterior of the bottle. Guerilla's customer service department told me to pound sand, and left me high and dry. (Thanks guys!)

If you have a problem with the bottle out of the box, ANS will help you out with an exchange. It's a Crossfire reg. If you have a problem with the reg, call Crossfire. Send the reg to Crossfire. They will fix it for you.

Quite frankly, when dealing with something that is charged with 4500psi, I'd rather deal with the manufacturer--not a paintball store--online or otherwise.

The idea that some of you guys trust your tanks for to local wrench-wielding minimum wage "techs" at paintball stores is frightening--I'd rather send tank\regulator to the manufacturer for repair, if I need it.

Name brand tank. Name brand regulator. Under $120.

I'd say they knocked this one out of the park.

Grey Ghost is/always was Gayston and GA uses Luxfer now.

The black gelcoat is what was cracking on the GA/Ninja tanks but I dont think it happens on the Grey Ghost bottles. Then again it was only a coating and not there for strength so the bottle was still safe.

Im sure you could send the entire bottle to Crossfire and Chris would still service the reg.

Rediscover: "its good to see you didnt take any flying metal objects to your juggular." 13pbstar13: "I dont have tits bro" (true story)
Paint_hore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 07:29 AM #79
Paint_hore
PBN=SUA syndrome

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
responses in red. ANS gear isn't competing with other manufactures, they are taking advantage of wholesale pricing. It's almost counterfeiting.
Im sure you have no clue but ANS has been offering custom tank/reg combos for a while. This concept isnt new....whats new is its an Inocom tank. They let you grab a Crossifre (or Ans) tank with whatever reg you want but you add accordingly.

http://www.ansgear.com/68_4500_ANSge...t6845black.htm

http://www.ansgear.com/Crossfire_SS_...8candyblue.htm

People wait till NOW to get up in arms when they have been doing this for a long time. Ask the reg manuf to stop selling to ANS in bulk if you dont like this practice.

Rediscover: "its good to see you didnt take any flying metal objects to your juggular." 13pbstar13: "I dont have tits bro" (true story)
Paint_hore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 08:31 AM #80
oldmanian
JLK 10/9/11

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnSherman View Post
It's not like he was using it for a month after it fell out of hydro, he has been using it for a full 3 years past that date. A guy I used to play with took his tank in to be rehydroed after 5 years, and it was deemed unsafe for use. It is very possible that an 8 year old tank has problems that should prevent it from being filled. A tank's total lifespan depends a lot on the care the owner gives it, and I would say that the kind of moron who continues to use an untested tank is not the type of person who puts much thought into the maintenance and upkeep of his equipment.

Edit: Not to mention that he is putting his field in a very bad legal situation if the government finds out. That's a real dick move over a 50 dollar hydro fee and 1-2 month wait.

100% agree with this, and I am not sure who the guy is using that is $50 and a 1 or 2 month wait. I've got several tanks re-hydro'd and never waited more then 2 weeks, and for about $50 Crossfire will re-hydro the tanks and swap the reg out for their newest version, Ninja will do the same for (I think about) $80ish.
Old 08-27-2012, 11:48 AM #81
chris@CrossFire

chris@CrossFire works for a Paintball manufacturer
There were two companies that made a bottle that cracked. Innocom was one of them. We have hydroed or seen many because they use to supply DXS back several years ago. There were pictures and posts here in the air system thread at the same time there were issues everywhere.

CrossFire only makes 5 YEAR HYDRO CARBON FIBER TANKS. No more guessing or finding out you got a glass 3 year bottle. You can TRUST CrossFire Hydro to know everything about your bottle and keep you in the game.
chris@CrossFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 11:52 AM #82
oldmanian
JLK 10/9/11

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris@CrossFire View Post
There were two companies that made a bottle that cracked. Innocom was one of them. We have hydroed or seen many because they use to supply DXS back several years ago. There were pictures and posts here in the air system thread at the same time there were issues everywhere.
Chris,
Did Crossfire authorize ANS to use the regs that they bought as a distributor and use them to make a product that directly competes with crossfire's own product?
Old 08-27-2012, 12:19 PM #83
TommyTwoToes
Pump Chump

TommyTwoToes plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcbiii View Post
It blows my mind that you guys can't wrap your heads around this.

It's a carbon fiber bottle from Inocom.

Same guys that made the Smart Parts bottles, the DXS bottles, the SLY bottles, the CP bottles, and a million other brands. I have never seen one with a <del>****</del>ty gelcoat, I have never seen one delaminate, and I've never seen one "fail". They are, in my opinion, the best brand made.

My Ninja bottle from Luxfer ("the Grey Ghost") has a tacky gelcoat. Like, if you leave it on your car dash by accident in the heat, it will peel away your dash coating when you move the bottle. This doesn't compromise the safety of the bottle, but still a little frustrating.

My Guerilla bottle (made by Gayston) began to delaminate. Yes, you heard it right. The <del>****</del>ing fibers began to UNWIND from the exterior of the bottle. Guerilla's customer service department told me to pound sand, and left me high and dry. (Thanks guys!)

If you have a problem with the bottle out of the box, ANS will help you out with an exchange. It's a Crossfire reg. If you have a problem with the reg, call Crossfire. Send the reg to Crossfire. They will fix it for you.

Quite frankly, when dealing with something that is charged with 4500psi, I'd rather deal with the manufacturer--not a paintball store--online or otherwise.

The idea that some of you guys trust your tanks for to local wrench-wielding minimum wage "techs" at paintball stores is frightening--I'd rather send tank\regulator to the manufacturer for repair, if I need it.

Name brand tank. Name brand regulator. Under $120.

I'd say they knocked this one out of the park.
agreed. Not to mention any time I had to contact ANS they were quick to respond to me in regards to questions and an exchange for different size pads. Honestly, Tanks are way overpriced.
Old 08-27-2012, 03:05 PM #84
jdmpurest
Eat ****, Die Slow

jdmpurest owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
jdmpurest has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
jdmpurest has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanian

Chris,
Did Crossfire authorize ANS to use the regs that they bought as a distributor and use them to make a product that directly competes with crossfire's own product?
Where is evidence of this practice? This is just slander thats all it is.
Flex Owners Club #150

ehh

"Wool owns. In the Finnish military we had a sweater of wool we called Pillu. It means *ussy because no matter how wet it got, it was always warming"
jdmpurest is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyNews Ups

Paintball News Rules
  1. No Upping threads. If you have something to say, please do, but don't post in the thread just to take it to the top of the forum.
  2. Do not post "1st post", "1st", "First post" or anything similar (or with any other number) at any point in a thread, even if you post a comment too. It is really annoying and it will result in a ban.
  3. If you don't like something, say why instead of just calling it ugly, lame, gay or any other name. If it is old, simply post a link or report the post with a link to the older News thread.
  4. Please don't post links for places to buy items. That encourages stores, sponsored players and other people to do it and spam the site.
If you have questions, please post them in the Talk to Mods/Admins forum.