PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 08-22-2012, 10:39 AM #1
R2-D2
stormtroopers can't shoot

R2-D2 is an NCPA player
R2-D2 plays in the APPA D4 division
I see plenty of posts advocating GJ 2012, but not a recent, dedicated thread. I'd imagine the Ron Paul fervor has died down a bit with people realizing he likely isn't running as an independent, and people need to know who GJ is and what he stands for.

"If you'd rather die than give another vote to the bloated, Constitution-trampling, over-taxing and over-spending members of both failed political parties, hate to break it to you, you're not Democrat or Republican, you are Libertarian."; -GJ campaign video

Gary Johnson's add emphasizes
"This year you don't have to be a Libertarian to vote Libertarian. We're not a party, we're the people."

If you are all for a candidate who is about ending the war, real economic reform, conservative spending yet liberal on sex and other social issues, you might not be Libertarian, but you might vote GJ 2012.

America has a chance to NOT select the "lesser of two evils" this year, but rather to vote for a candidate you actually believe in. Buck the establishment; the two-party system should be scared.

What do you guys think?

Campaign video, source of my quotes
http://c.washingtontimes.com/neighbo...-gary-johnson/

Campaign homepage
www.garyjohnson2012.com

Last edited by R2-D2 : 08-22-2012 at 04:59 PM.
R2-D2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-22-2012, 10:49 AM #2
Matt.is.back2011

GJ is the only true Patriot left running for office. God Save our Country if he is not elected.
Old 08-22-2012, 10:53 AM #3
R2-D2

R2-D2 is an NCPA player
OP edited to include campaign links, source.
Old 08-22-2012, 11:12 AM #4
kjjm4
Liberty or Death

kjjm4 is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
kjjm4 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
kjjm4 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
He won't win, but I'm voting for him. I don't think he'll gain much of a following among the hardcore Ron Paul fans though. They'll probably still be writing Ron Paul in after he's dead.
ďA strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks."
-Thomas Jefferson
kjjm4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 12:09 PM #5
tsbalr120
Goooonsberry

tsbalr120 plays in the MiLP
tsbalr120 is an NCPA player
tsbalr120 is Legendary
OP- ur wasting your time, robots cant vote

With how retarded the GOP has become, high chance I will vote for him also.
Old 08-22-2012, 12:16 PM #6
R2-D2

R2-D2 is an NCPA player
It's just interesting how similar RP and GJ are in on a lot of things. This guy will be on the ballot in enough states to win in theory. I'm still being realistic, just suggesting he can gain enough traction in the popular vote nationally to show that there are moderates/independents/abstainers who are tired of two-party politics and the symbiotic relationship that dems and repubs currently have (regardless of rhetoric).

I know I'm not the only one who's noticed this campaign has currently focused about 10% on actual policy (economic, foreign policy) and 90% on image ruining/other mindless, unimportant bull****. This Akin situation shows that the media (and politicians) crave anything that gets people distracted. Maybe I just don't apply the same level of importance to that single Missouri senate seat as those in power, trying to take a hefty senate majority.

I feel like (and have read) if many of the people who don't vote because they are disgusted with both politicians from the pair of power parties - holy tongue twister - voted, there may be enough popular vote for GJ to win states. A more liberal estimate may even have him winning the election. I have no idea if these assumptions are based on data, but it sure would be cool. I can just imagine both obama and romney calling for recounts in every state, while the GOP and Dem committee/establishments rage.

Gary Johnson isn't held accountable to some national party or a bunch of corporate/union sponsors. He answers to the people.
Old 08-22-2012, 12:17 PM #7
R2-D2

R2-D2 is an NCPA player
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsbalr120
OP- ur wasting your time, robots cant vote

With how retarded the GOP has become, high chance I will vote for him also.

DISENFRANCHISEMENT!!!1!!11!1!1

Old 08-22-2012, 12:47 PM #8
Frank101
legit legit legit

Frank101 is a Supporting Member
Frank101 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Frank101 plays in the APPA D5 division
I wanna see him own the **** out of Obamney in a Debate mash up, though he is pretty dry when speaking and should brush up more on Austrian economics if he is going to discuss free market solutions, something both Obama and Romney claim to support but are willfully ignorant of.
"Originally posted by pokenose: We quit doing that secret Santa thing after the black guy got a bucket of fried chicken, watermelon jolly ranchers, a bottle of colt 45 and a cotton scented candle then someone else got a ball of that free twine you tie down your items with at ikea and a vibrator so you can go **** yourself if you didn't like the twine."

"Originally posted by AlphaNeo36:
Election fraud is perfectly acceptable when it intends to keep Ron Paul out of the White House."
Frank101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 02:10 PM #9
kjjm4
Liberty or Death

kjjm4 is a founding member
kjjm4 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
kjjm4 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
I'd be absolutely shocked if he gets into any of the debates.
ďA strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks."
-Thomas Jefferson
kjjm4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 03:06 PM #10
The Inflicted
.detcilfnI ehT

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjjm4 View Post
He won't win, but I'm voting for him.

Same here, and I'll be happier to vote for Johnson than I was for Barr.
The Inflicted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 03:17 PM #11
Swerve22

That guy? No thanks.

www.gunfacts.info
Swerve22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 03:37 PM #12
drgonzo
Half-cocked

All real conservatives owe it to the country to vote for Gary Johnson. Get the word out!
drgonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 04:46 PM #13
Iamamartianchurch

Quote:
Originally Posted by drgonzo View Post
All real conservatives owe it to the country to vote for Gary Johnson. Get the word out!
Why would any true conservative vote for a libertarian?
Iamamartianchurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 04:54 PM #14
Swerve22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamamartianchurch View Post
Why would any true conservative vote for a libertarian?
He wants to split the vote.

www.gunfacts.info
Old 08-22-2012, 04:57 PM #15
R2-D2

R2-D2 is an NCPA player
A fiscal conservative would vote for GJ. Hell, he ran on the Republican ticket for awhile, but his ideals are more Libertarian. If you desire fiscal responsibility, but want guys like Santorum to **** off when it comes to your bedroom, you may want to vote for GJ.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drgonzo View Post
Judging by the posts I've read of yours, I'd tag you as liberal, and very receptive of splitting the conservative vote for an Obama cakewalk. If I were you, I wouldn't be afraid of Obama losing the election. Mitt Romney will not win this upcoming election without an absolute miracle. He's one of the most dis-likable men to ever have attempted (read: bought) a presidential run.

GJ isn't just about conservative spending, it's about people wanting smaller government, a President who will actually END the wars abroad, and allow people to live their lives freely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swerve22 View Post
That guy? No thanks.
Your signature -

"Nobody is responsible for your own safety, well being, and security but yourself. Get an education, learn useful skills, be honest, and buy a gun."

If that doesn't scream Libertarian, I don't know what does.

Last edited by R2-D2 : 08-22-2012 at 05:01 PM.
Old 08-22-2012, 05:06 PM #16
Swerve22

Quote:
Originally Posted by R2-D2 View Post
Your signature -

"Nobody is responsible for your own safety, well being, and security but yourself. Get an education, learn useful skills, be honest, and buy a gun."

If that doesn't scream Libertarian, I don't know what does.
It doesn't say anyting about easy drugs, open borders, or military suicide.

www.gunfacts.info
Old 08-22-2012, 05:30 PM #17
R2-D2

R2-D2 is an NCPA player
Easy drugs? I'm not going to waste time on the pot argument - I've never consumed any of it, but I'm not naive. I'd argue that well over 50% have done it, many of whom do it regularly for recreation. I don't care if they do or don't, it isn't much different than alcohol, but it fills our prisons. Decriminalization of harder drugs is meant to save taxpayer dollars and help with overcrowding in prisons. Again, I don't advocate drug use, but I also don't advocate paying for drug dealers' food and lodging.

Open Borders?
"America is a land of immigrants. Legal immigration should focus on making it easier and simpler for willing workers to come here with a temporary work visa, pay taxes, contribute to society, and fill jobs as the market demands.

As the former governor of a southern border state, I know fences and walls do not keep out illegal immigrants. Real border security means knowing who is coming here and why.

With workable employer verification systems, smarter border enforcement, and common sense, a national problem can be turned into a national benefit." - GJ webpage

Sounds streamlined and effective to me. Much moreso than the bi-partisan ****-up known as "Fast and Furious." I believe this is also far from open border. I love white people just as much as the next guy, but Latinos are here and they're here to stay. No need to fear those who go through the legal channels. Currently, it's so hard for immigrants from Mexico to get processed, no wonder they go through the illegal channels. That's no excuse, and they shouldn't be granted amnesty, but it is likely a factor in why illegal immigration is so prevalent. Maybe Gary Johnson's idea could cut down on the number of illegals, maybe not. Either way it is an idea, and a stance on an important issue. All I've heard from the Republican candidate is party-line rhetoric that fails to take a stand. On the other side, I've waited 4 years to pin down Obama's stance, and I can only infer that from his amnesty and DREAM act (aka, break the law and don't pay the consequences). That option is even worse.

I don't know how to address military suicide.. I'm personally sick and tired of our men and women being killed by the people they're trying to train. The land of Afghanistan is a lost cause, and it isn't our duty to improve those peoples' lives. Make it clear, our ultimate response to any US-terrorist attack will be swift and vast. I'm not talking about some half-assed goose chase and occupation; I'm talking about a nuclear detonation.
Old 08-22-2012, 05:33 PM #18
Iamamartianchurch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swerve22 View Post
He wants to split the vote.
Bingo.
Old 08-22-2012, 05:37 PM #19
Iamamartianchurch

America is a land founded by Northern European COLONISTS who accepted immigrants primarily from prosperous European nations for the majority of its existence. Not all Europeans were seen as desirable either, look at the lash against Irish immigrants.

Americas founders didn't want blacks to be considered citizens.

Does this make it right? Perhaps not, but we cant go wildly claiming that Americas borders should be open to everyone because it was founded by immigrants.
Old 08-22-2012, 05:45 PM #20
Volucris
asmuchtextastheywillallow

I'm a pretty big fan of him but unfortunately people only want to vote for the popular two party option.
Volucris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 05:51 PM #21
R2-D2

R2-D2 is an NCPA player
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamamartianchurch View Post
America is a land founded by Northern European COLONISTS who accepted immigrants primarily from prosperous European nations for the majority of its existence. Not all Europeans were seen as desirable either, look at the lash against Irish immigrants.

Americas founders didn't want blacks to be considered citizens.

Does this make it right? Perhaps not, but we cant go wildly claiming that Americas borders should be open to everyone because it was founded by immigrants.
"America is a land of immigrants. Legal immigration should focus on making it easier and simpler for willing workers to come here with a temporary work visa, pay taxes, contribute to society, and fill jobs as the market demands."

These are points of emphasis that I think should not be overlooked. Claiming he has an "open border" policy is misleading.