Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 08-23-2012, 09:03 AM #22
dragonight1843

my family is very forceful on why i shouldnt spend all my money on paintball....

Under 18 an buy all my own gear.
dragonight1843 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 09:17 AM #23
gunslinger84

gunslinger84 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
gunslinger84 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
gunslinger84 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
gunslinger84 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonight1843 View Post
my family is very forceful on why i shouldnt spend all my money on paintball....
Time for you to run away from home and live your life on the mean streets. Slangin' and pimpin' so you can play paintball all you want. Just hope you don't end up kidnapped and forced into the slave trade. I hear bad things about it.
Old 08-23-2012, 09:53 AM #24
Subterfuge
Arctic Wolf

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Filthy Mick View Post
Sorry dude, nobody should ever have to quit unless it's by choice. It might have ended similarly with my wife, except she's the one who talked me into trying it. Sure I had a paintball gun in high school but I never actually played paintball with it, just caused trouble. See, she thought I was too anti-social and after turning down a prior invite by her brothers to play she talked me into going. I said "I don't know, sounds like alot of money for some stupid game for a couple hours" (think I spent thirty bucks that night lol). Well you all know how it goes from there, I'm hooked. I'm eating, sleeping and s****ing paintball. For at least two years I couldn't help but talk about it to everyone, which is probably pretty annoying, but it was the only thing I could think of. Long story somewhat short...was on the road to a possible divorce until she attended an event. Here's the difference between me and you man: I wouldn't have quit paintball lol!
The difference between my wife and your wife is that my wife was psychotic. She wouldn't just throw temper tantrums, she would rage. There were also a host of manipulative tricks she pulled. When there was no money in the bank account and she was using credit cards, "Ok let's play paintball." When there was $13000+ bonus in the bank [more than a few times I had that much]. "Paintball is stupid." Then she would continue to blow all of it in one month. It was only one month and not one week, because I was constantly trying to prevent her impulse buying. She didn't listen to me, she would only wait until I was out of the picture, training for a month somewhere, to spend everything we had.

I am only scratching the surface. This is only the somewhat normal things that happened.
Subterfuge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 10:17 AM #25
Filthy Mick
Scenario Player

Filthy Mick has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Filthy Mick has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Filthy Mick has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Filthy Mick supports Empire
Sounds like the one I decided not to marry. I won't get into that. It sounds like there's not enough room in this thread for two psycho-ex problem lists!
Filthy Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 10:41 AM #26
wizard8873

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filthy Mick View Post
Wow I'm actually surprised to find that most of you don't butt heads with spouse/gf/bf about it. Around here it seems like at least half the players I know have this problem. I'm just trying to figure out why it's different elsewhere.
just depends on the person. Being Polish, I've sworn off American girls long ago. I've seen and been through too much drama in the past with them, granted you can find those people anywhere but seems the Europeans aren't as manipulative. I've always let my gf's do what they want with their money and I do the same. If they argue, I just tell them I've had the hobby before I met them and they just have to deal with it. This may lead to arguments but I don't spend their money or force them out of anything myself and don't expect to give up something just because.
wizard8873 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 11:00 AM #27
samp

My parents hate it cause I spend the money I earn at my job on paintball
samp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 01:35 PM #28
dragonight1843

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunslinger84 View Post
Time for you to run away from home and live your life on the mean streets. Slangin' and pimpin' so you can play paintball all you want. Just hope you don't end up kidnapped and forced into the slave trade. I hear bad things about it.
im considering it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by samp View Post
My parents hate it cause I spend the money I earn at my job on paintball
exactly!

Under 18 an buy all my own gear.
dragonight1843 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 01:56 PM #29
NJEmortal
The i3 Guy

Annual Supporting Member
NJEmortal is BST Legit
NJEmortal posts videos on PbNation
My family is actually pretty supportive. I'm still living at home with my parents, and they're happy to sign for packages and stuff when I'm not home, since I'm always buying stuff on The Nation and other sites. So long as I don't drag dirt in the house and clean out the washer when I'm done, no drama.

They'd rather see me spend the money on paintball... I'm 26, drugs and alcohol are around, I'd just rather sling paint.

Any girl that I start to date can't grasp it. They'll try it, say it's fun, but won't really get into it, and think I'm insane for dumping tons into the sport.

Some of my coworkers ball, and most of my friends, I met through ballin'...

All in all, it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks. It not only keeps me sane, it makes me happy. Sport is challenging, and fun, and WORTH EVERY PENNY!
NJEmortal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 03:37 PM #30
Filthy Mick
Scenario Player

Yeah my wife began to think I was dangerously obsessed when I bought a new 4x4 quad cab to make sure me and my crew didn't miss a game. At the time we only had her car and my company work van so I was missing games. Then she got a bit worried lol!
Old 08-23-2012, 07:12 PM #31
LeByron
Always use lubrication

LeByron has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
LeByron has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
LeByron has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
My parents [sometimes] appreciate it, because they would [sometimes] rather I go out to do some exercise and play paintball, rather than sit at home and play video games all day.
Old 08-24-2012, 08:46 AM #32
ELuSiVe1151

has been a member for 10 years
ELuSiVe1151 is an NCPA player
ELuSiVe1151 plays in the APPA D5 division
i remember when i was in junior high school in the mid 90's and paintball was still confined to rare outdoor supply catalogs, and my mom was like "you're not playing a game where all you do is throw paint. It's a waste of money." and i was like "dang." fast forward some 17 years later and everyone in my fam finds it all pretty cool.
The Grind Continues!!!
Empossible Sports - Jim Pica Foto - Meadowlands PB
ELuSiVe1151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 03:01 PM #33
Filthy Mick
Scenario Player

Well for what it's worth it seems like paintball has grown up a bit. Maybe it's because alot of the guys who stuck with it grew up too?
Old 08-29-2012, 04:22 PM #34
drsanchez222

drsanchez222 owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
drsanchez222 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
drsanchez222 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
drsanchez222 is attending Decay of Nations VI
My wife totally supports me playing paintball. She watches all the PSP Webcasts with me (says it's the only sport that interests her). She also goes with me everytime I play and helps me haul my stuff around. I'm really lucky to have a wife that's as into paintball as I am.
Old 08-30-2012, 05:07 PM #35
Filthy Mick
Scenario Player

I finally got my wife to come with me for a weekend to help out and take some photos. The captain saw her filling my empty pods for me and said "You mean she's really filling your pods right now?! I thought you were joking when you said she was coming for that." I said "Quiet, you. You're ruining this for me!"
Old 08-30-2012, 06:21 PM #36
stlpaintballer3020

My girlfriend wants to try an ball with me on the weekends ever since I took her one weekend but she works both weekend days. Lucky enough she doesn't care about the money as much as its me constantly on PBnation or Craigslist looking at gear
stlpaintballer3020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 06:41 PM #37
Filthy Mick
Scenario Player

Luckily for me I'm a tradesman so I can usually drum up some side work for cash to cover my paintball without spending my paycheck.
Old 08-31-2012, 09:22 AM #38
TheSonOvDeathMetal

I've never faced any negatives from people about paintball. Most of everyone I know supports it or thinks its cool. These posts are a wake-up call.
TheSonOvDeathMetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 07:08 PM #39
UndecidedPball
-Emerson-

UndecidedPball owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
UndecidedPball plays in the APPA D3 division
its hard when a teacher/administrator says if you work. I cant lie about it because on school files it says I work so i try to explain it like " I ref paintball groups/parties.
The cool thing at my school every 2 months teachers go and they play at the field i work at. A teacher im getting next semester was a guy in my group of the teachers so when he goes during the end of the year i can make fun of him in class for getting shot.. but its all about trying to make it seem like a sport/hobby dont be like ya paintball u shoot people... also dont mention how much your gun is because more than likely they will be shocked
UndecidedPball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 10:17 AM #40
Filthy Mick
Scenario Player

I'm always a little iffy about telling a newer player what my gear is worth. If they have to ask, they are very likely new, and I don't want to scare them off with how much the good stuff costs.
Old 09-01-2012, 11:31 AM #41
stlpaintballer3020

See me when I first started playing did a lot of research. I'd ask players with good gear at my field what the name of the marker they were shooting. I'd go home look up the price and videos of the gun. But that gave me drive to save up and learn to be good enough to use the high end stuff
stlpaintballer3020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 04:48 PM #42
DB-1071
ON THE SIDE OF ANGELS!!!!

DB-1071 is playing at Living Legends V
DB-1071 is playing at Living Legends VI
DB-1071 is playing at Living Legends VII
DB-1071 is one of the top 100 posters on PbNation
DB-1071 is a top reviewer
My Family doesn't like it, I just say ****'em.

PBNation definition from Urban Dictionary:
A web site where, on any given evening, one may find approximately 500 paintball enthusiasts discussing the sport, and 1500 teenagers calling each other gay.

GO ON, I DARE YOU!! GO ON I DARE YOU, AGAIN!!!
" Physician heal thyself!! " The War Doctor
DB-1071 is offline   Reply With Quote