Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 08-07-2012, 06:10 PM #1
ladysmanfelpz

Best cupseal?

K i love spyders but the one thing that i dislike about them is cupseals. Most leaks in spyders are due to cupseals, which is a simple replacement but still a hassle.

How can we make a cupseal fail safe?

Reason im asking is because I started tinkering around with my hammer which I got shooting great btw. I opened up the valve and cleaned and polished that up and put a little oil in it. It use to leak a lil down the barrel at first, but would seal up after 1 or 2 shots. I put it back together and now it is leaking down the barrel the whole time. Could some oil have gotten on the delrin cupseal and altered it? It is the brass cupseal with delrin plate. What cupseals do you guys find work best? Is there any grease that really helps them seal up, especially in a 12 gram situation like mine with the hammer?

I just ordered a lot of 5 delrin cupseals for the hammer after the leak since parts are hard to find for it.

My New Feedback
ladysmanfelpz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 06:56 PM #2
Bigjoe11
"The Boss"

Bigjoe11 owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Bigjoe11 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Bigjoe11 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Bigjoe11 supports DLX Technology
Ndz makes a cool high-flow cupseal, you should check ot out. But yes, cupseals suck, I don't know of any that aren't insanely vulnerable to about any variables.
Old 08-07-2012, 08:27 PM #3
ladysmanfelpz

So if it is delrin no lube? I know it causes delrin to swell, so does that help it seal?

My New Feedback
Old 08-07-2012, 08:31 PM #4
Bigjoe11
"The Boss"

Bigjoe11 owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Bigjoe11 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Bigjoe11 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Bigjoe11 supports DLX Technology
I lube my valve pin, but I don't think it even affects the cupseal much, it's not really a rubbing part so I wouldn't bother. I have a tiny leak in my spyder cupseal too. I have no idea what to do since I've replaced every seal, so I just live with it.
Old 08-07-2012, 08:45 PM #5
Guy In Digi Camo

Guy In Digi Camo owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
I wouldn't lube the derlin cup seals because derlin is self lubing

To answer your question there's not much you can do to make them "fail safe" they wear out like every other part and the constant opening and slamming shut causes grooves to wear in over time and then they leak. my advice pick up a couple new ones if you plan on having the marker for a long time

I know there is something called a rocket valve out there i dont know if they are still made, they we very hard to get to get tuned but when they did they were the best

EDIT
Maddman Rocket valve
http://www.maddmanproducts.com/Home_...et_valves.html

Last edited by Guy In Digi Camo : 08-07-2012 at 08:49 PM.
Guy In Digi Camo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 11:30 PM #6
Fubarius
Yep, it's orange.

Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Fubarius supports our troops
Fubarius has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Fubarius has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Fubarius is a Forum Captain
The best cup seal ever, bar none, was the Black Magic cup seal, made by NW paintball products. However the darn things were probably too good. They never wore out, so players bought just one. Not the best thing for a business. Unfortunately the company disappeared when the aftermarket parts market crashed, so good luck finding one.

000110 200 11202 10 000020
012211 021 22110 22 121101
222001 222 10220 00 022212
Fubarius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 12:33 AM #7
ladysmanfelpz

Oh yeah. Black magic cupseals were dope. Ya its for my kingman hammer so i don't know if the regular cupseals work. I bought a set of 5 delrin cupseals that said they were for the hammer so one of those better work. Cuz if I have a small leak, there goes my whole tank!

My New Feedback
Old 08-22-2012, 10:20 AM #8
ladysmanfelpz

Put on the ebay $5 cupseals and they work great! Screwed on better than my stock cupseal and had a great fit. Aired it up and it didn't even hiss like my old one. Great solid seal

My New Feedback
Old 08-22-2012, 10:57 AM #9
snprgy

I've heard the lapco cupseals were softer than the stock causing the valve to wear into them more creating a better seal
snprgy is offline   Reply With Quote