Community Focus

Old 08-21-2012, 03:34 AM #1
IslandP8ntballer
Paintballin' in paradise

IslandP8ntballer supports Cereal Killerz 2
IslandP8ntballer has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
IslandP8ntballer has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
IslandP8ntballer has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Thoughts on first time Airsofting - normal?

This past weekend I went Airsofting for the first time. Overall, my impression was negative but was just wondering if it was because of the specific field I went to. I really would like to give it another try if there's a chance it will be better the second time around. I've been playing paintball for the past 5 years so maybe I just haven't gotten the opportunity to adjust to Airsoft.

The first thing I noticed was how different the crowd is from the paintball scene. There were far more military guys here, and there also seemed to be more younger players. Everyone seemed to be giving off a negative vibe, especially the people who seemed like the fields' vets.

Gameplay was identical to paintball in that I was able to do some snapshooting, but for everyone there rushing seemed to be the best tactic. One thing I found extremely difficult was judging whether or not I was shot. On one hand, I didn't want to cheat but I didn't want to call myself out if I really wasn't.

Is this normally what Airsoft is supposed to be like?
IslandP8ntballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 06-04-2013, 09:42 AM #2
SteelCity215

depends on where you go and who you play with, if you play with your friends at a good field, the experience is great imo. yes there are more serious guys that can be annoying, but if you look past that, its a good community
SteelCity215 is offline   Reply With Quote