Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-21-2012, 11:49 AM #85
Murph1329
 
 
Murph1329's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Hoover, AL
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSilentAssassin View Post
You paying welfare leads you to believe defense creates more jobs than social programs? How does that work?



The burden of proof is on me to prove that your baseless statements are true? Don't think so. If you are going to claim something as fact (that defense creates more jobs than social spending), than you have to back that up with something.
so you're not a fan of Harry Reid?
__________________
'98 STO
10/14'' Dye Stainless | AKALMP tornado valve
Evolution bolt | Evolution Roller Sear
ANS Jackhammer | Rex Kit
STO RAM | Air America Black Ice | Shocktech LPC
pic
Forum defeat is admitted when one resorts to grammatical insults -me
We all live with a mark of sin, no man's is greater than another's in his own mind. -me
Murph1329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-21-2012, 11:52 AM #86
General_MacArthur
Formerly General_Patton
 
General_MacArthur's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Asheville, NC
General_MacArthur is playing at Living Legends V
General_MacArthur has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
General_MacArthur has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
The people defending welfare in this thread tooth and nail are ridiculous (I can't tell if y'all are trolling or not). Welfare spending and abuse needs to be revamped just the same as defense spending waste does and countless other agencies. Y'all cray.
__________________
Defeat the fear of death and welcome the death of fear.

White and proud.
STARMY Scavenger Hunt Champions

Originally Posted by DrobertsPB "you're like an intelligent redneck mountain man"
General_MacArthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 11:52 AM #87
frankie says chillax
...bro
 
frankie says chillax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
frankie says chillax plays in the PSP
frankie says chillax plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by LOL Renegade View Post
Welfare should be abolished altogether. Enough supporting the weak and stupid. The people who take advantage of the system far outweigh the ones who actually need it.

Sure, I feel bad that you can hardly afford your next meal, but tough ****. Should have went to college instead of ****ing around and getting drunk/high all the time. The middle class works harder and harder, while more degenerates practically drink all the money away.
if we abolish it, the deep south will become extinct.

.....i actually like this idea
__________________
"Originally posted by blueshifty:
Also, eclipse only makes mid-range guns they just charge a premium for them."

WTB MINTY FRESH MACDEV 07 CYBORGS
frankie says chillax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 12:01 PM #88
Murph1329
 
 
Murph1329's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Hoover, AL
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankie says chillax View Post
if we abolish it, the deep south will become extinct.

.....i actually like this idea
more like
oregon
pennsylvania
Michigan
Rhode Island
Indiana
New Mexico
Washington
Minnesota
New York
District of Columbia
Vermont
Massachusetts
Tennessee
Maine
California


that's the top 15 in order with california being the highest

people down south are some of the hardest working people you'll find. There are some down here that could qualify for government aid but they dont' want it.

http://www.cnbc.com/id/31910310/The_...tates?slide=16
__________________
'98 STO
10/14'' Dye Stainless | AKALMP tornado valve
Evolution bolt | Evolution Roller Sear
ANS Jackhammer | Rex Kit
STO RAM | Air America Black Ice | Shocktech LPC
pic
Forum defeat is admitted when one resorts to grammatical insults -me
We all live with a mark of sin, no man's is greater than another's in his own mind. -me

Last edited by Murph1329 : 08-21-2012 at 12:04 PM.
Murph1329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 12:19 PM #89
tsbalr120
Goooonsberry
 
tsbalr120's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Cowbutt, AR
tsbalr120 is an NCPA player
tsbalr120 is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by chodeyg View Post
Hell I'm not even saying cut defense spending right now but when people act like welfare is THE drain on the economy it shows how little they understand how the government spends its money.
Agree. That's why the GOP is a joke right now, since Obama they're all about cutting the deficit but increase defense spending because of the recent middle east drama. Does not compute.
__________________
|NCPA: Razorbacks|
rip120
tsbalr120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 01:08 PM #90
Matt.is.back2011
We are all Witness
 
Matt.is.back2011's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsbalr120 View Post
Agree. That's why the GOP is a joke right now, since Obama they're all about cutting the deficit but increase defense spending because of the recent middle east drama. Does not compute.
Shhhh don't question the war-monger mentality. We may just have to inquire about your connections in the past to suspected socialists, and your patriotism to our country.
__________________
THE OHIO STATE
Class of 2011
Matt.is.back2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 03:38 PM #91
TheSilentAssassin
Words and Stuff
 
TheSilentAssassin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murph1329 View Post
more like
oregon
pennsylvania
Michigan
Rhode Island
Indiana
New Mexico
Washington
Minnesota
New York
District of Columbia
Vermont
Massachusetts
Tennessee
Maine
California


that's the top 15 in order with california being the highest

people down south are some of the hardest working people you'll find. There are some down here that could qualify for government aid but they dont' want it.

http://www.cnbc.com/id/31910310/The_...tates?slide=16
States receiving the most federal funding per tax dollar paid:
1. New Mexico: $2.63
2. West Virginia: $2.57
3. Mississippi: $2.47
4. District of Colombia: $2.41
5. Hawaii: $2.38
6. Alabama: $2.03
7. Alaska: $1.93
8. Montana: $1.92
9. South Carolina: $1.92
10. Maine: $1.78

Look at all those super liberal states..
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/02/12/us...2&pagewanted=2
__________________
“There are only two kinds of people, those who accept dogmas and know it, and those who accept dogmas and don’t know it.” – G. K. Chesterton - The Mercy of Mr. Arnold Bennett, Fancies vs. Fads
TheSilentAssassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 03:50 PM #92
LOL Renegade
 
 
LOL Renegade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankie says chillax View Post
if we abolish it, the deep south will become extinct.

.....i actually like this idea
Not even close. Your liberal havens of New England and California will be the first to go. You take government hand-outs for so long, eventually you forget how to work altogether.
LOL Renegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 03:51 PM #93
TheSilentAssassin
Words and Stuff
 
TheSilentAssassin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by LOL Renegade View Post
Not even close. Your liberal havens of New England and California will be the first to go. You take government hand-outs for so long, eventually you forget how to work altogether.
ignoring facts again... (although i can't blame you for ignoring them when they all point at your world view being utterly wrong)
__________________
“There are only two kinds of people, those who accept dogmas and know it, and those who accept dogmas and don’t know it.” – G. K. Chesterton - The Mercy of Mr. Arnold Bennett, Fancies vs. Fads
TheSilentAssassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 05:49 PM #94
barrel roll
secedere
 
barrel roll's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: FL/GA border
barrel roll is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
barrel roll is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSilentAssassin View Post
States receiving the most federal funding per tax dollar paid:
1. New Mexico: $2.63
2. West Virginia: $2.57
3. Mississippi: $2.47
4. District of Colombia: $2.41
5. Hawaii: $2.38
6. Alabama: $2.03
7. Alaska: $1.93
8. Montana: $1.92
9. South Carolina: $1.92
10. Maine: $1.78

Look at all those super liberal states..
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/02/12/us...2&pagewanted=2

I love statistics, you can get those numbers to say just about anything you want.
__________________
--- UNDRPRVLGD Goggle Straps n stuff ---
If this be treason, make the most of it.-Patrick Henry
I'm a damn veteran, I've got more rights and privileges than you do.
MQ2 rebuild kits, MP4 ram rebuilds, general 'cocker teching
Will soon be making super slick mid/half block bolts
barrel roll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 05:51 PM #95
LOL Renegade
 
 
LOL Renegade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSilentAssassin View Post
ignoring facts again... (although i can't blame you for ignoring them when they all point at your world view being utterly wrong)
If I remember correctly, you posted something here a while ago that pretty much implied that affirmative action has ANY place in this country whatsoever.

Now, that has nothing to do with the topic at hand, but it's clear you don't exactly have the clearest view of the world either
LOL Renegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 06:09 PM #96
TheSilentAssassin
Words and Stuff
 
TheSilentAssassin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by LOL Renegade View Post
If I remember correctly, you posted something here a while ago that pretty much implied that affirmative action has ANY place in this country whatsoever.
You remembered incorrectly. Nice try though. But once again you assert that my (not really my) worldview is wrong (and that your's is right) without a shred of evidence to support it. I'm not particularly interested in talking about affirmative action, but rather why you cannot give evidence for your beliefs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrel roll View Post
I love statistics, you can get those numbers to say just about anything you want.
God I hate when people say that. Statistics are only misleading when you are incompetent enough to be mislead. Righting off facts under the facade of statistics inherently being unreliable is academically dishonest at best.
__________________
“There are only two kinds of people, those who accept dogmas and know it, and those who accept dogmas and don’t know it.” – G. K. Chesterton - The Mercy of Mr. Arnold Bennett, Fancies vs. Fads

Last edited by TheSilentAssassin : 08-21-2012 at 06:12 PM.
TheSilentAssassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 06:11 PM #97
F1VENOM
 
 
F1VENOM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
 has been a member for 10 years
The **** are all these symbols? This ain't English, must be wrong.
__________________
"Originally posted by visualx: hey everyone, look at me. i call people poor though i make absolutely nothing; brag about my job as an intern or some ****; hate on people for not being fat like me; and absolutely never have any idea what i'm talking about, though i always have a ****ing righteous indignation with everything i say! aren't i ****ing amazing?! do you all like me yet?! oh, you know that hate is just a guise! good thing i have a ****ing amazing life! now let me go **** my fat girlfriend and cry myself to sleep"
F1VENOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 06:13 PM #98
madgoat
Troll_Extraordinaire
 
madgoat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Homewood, IL
madgoat has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murph1329 View Post
i'm working to pay for people on welfare....

feel free to use google to find the answer you're looking for

and don't throw me **** jobs like green jobs new york (or whatever) where people walk around and change light bulbs in teams of 5


the burden of proof is on you...isn't that how the dems do it?
there's a polish joke somewhere in there.
__________________
Honey Badger University Professor of Women Studies, Dean of Student Affairs
madgoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 06:30 PM #99
barrel roll
secedere
 
barrel roll's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: FL/GA border
barrel roll is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
barrel roll is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSilentAssassin View Post
You remembered incorrectly. Nice try though. But once again you assert that my (not really my) worldview is wrong (and that your's is right) without a shred of evidence to support it. I'm not particularly interested in talking about affirmative action, but rather why you cannot give evidence for your beliefs.



God I hate when people say that. Statistics are only misleading when you are incompetent enough to be mislead. Righting off facts under the facade of statistics inherently being unreliable is academically dishonest at best.
I'm not discounting anything, but bringing up what a state receives from the general government vs population and comparing that to the percentage of state citizenry on some form of welfare program is intentionally misleading to those who don't click links You could counter with "well screw those guys" but then your argument isn't being fully fleshed out. It is also comparing apples to grapefruits.
__________________
--- UNDRPRVLGD Goggle Straps n stuff ---
If this be treason, make the most of it.-Patrick Henry
I'm a damn veteran, I've got more rights and privileges than you do.
MQ2 rebuild kits, MP4 ram rebuilds, general 'cocker teching
Will soon be making super slick mid/half block bolts
barrel roll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 06:32 PM #100
LOL Renegade
 
 
LOL Renegade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSilentAssassin View Post
You remembered incorrectly. Nice try though. But once again you assert that my (not really my) worldview is wrong (and that your's is right) without a shred of evidence to support it. I'm not particularly interested in talking about affirmative action, but rather why you cannot give evidence for your beliefs.

Oh, yeah, here it is

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...post7561 2981

Get the **** out of here thinking your worldview isn't anything but a deluded idealistic fantasy.
LOL Renegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 08:08 PM #101
General_MacArthur
Formerly General_Patton
 
General_MacArthur's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Asheville, NC
General_MacArthur is playing at Living Legends V
General_MacArthur has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
General_MacArthur has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Affirmative Action had a purpose in the past. Not really now.
Same as Welfare had a purpose in the past and now it's abused by people in power and the people receiving it.
__________________
Defeat the fear of death and welcome the death of fear.

White and proud.
STARMY Scavenger Hunt Champions

Originally Posted by DrobertsPB "you're like an intelligent redneck mountain man"
General_MacArthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 08:44 PM #102
TheSilentAssassin
Words and Stuff
 
TheSilentAssassin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by General_MacArthur View Post
Affirmative Action had a purpose in the past. Not really now.
Why are you deflecting this conversation towards AA?

Quote:
Originally Posted by General_MacArthur View Post
Same as Welfare had a purpose in the past and now it's abused by people in power and the people receiving it.
You have yet to show any evidence of that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOL Renegade View Post
Oh, yeah, here it is

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...post7561 2981

Get the **** out of here thinking your worldview isn't anything but a deluded idealistic fantasy.
In the post you linked
1) I argued for the existence of systemic racism not for affirmative action
2) Provided evidence of systemic racism (Boston college study)

You have yet to show any evidence and are barely above trolling at this point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrel roll View Post
I'm not discounting anything, but bringing up what a state receives from the general government vs population and comparing that to the percentage of state citizenry on some form of welfare program is intentionally misleading to those who don't click links You could counter with "well screw those guys" but then your argument isn't being fully fleshed out. It is also comparing apples to grapefruits.
How is that in any way intentionally misleading?
__________________
“There are only two kinds of people, those who accept dogmas and know it, and those who accept dogmas and don’t know it.” – G. K. Chesterton - The Mercy of Mr. Arnold Bennett, Fancies vs. Fads
TheSilentAssassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 09:02 PM #103
barrel roll
secedere
 
barrel roll's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: FL/GA border
barrel roll is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
barrel roll is Legendary
"Hey look, these numbers say these states are bigger welfare queens than the ones you listed"
__________________
--- UNDRPRVLGD Goggle Straps n stuff ---
If this be treason, make the most of it.-Patrick Henry
I'm a damn veteran, I've got more rights and privileges than you do.
MQ2 rebuild kits, MP4 ram rebuilds, general 'cocker teching
Will soon be making super slick mid/half block bolts
barrel roll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 09:30 PM #104
LOL Renegade
 
 
LOL Renegade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSilentAssassin View Post
Why are you deflecting this conversation towards AA?



You have yet to show any evidence of that.



In the post you linked
1) I argued for the existence of systemic racism not for affirmative action
2) Provided evidence of systemic racism (Boston college study)

You have yet to show any evidence and are barely above trolling at this point.



How is that in any way intentionally misleading?
Dude, the evidence is everywhere. Do you live in a suburb and rarely see the city or something? People spend welfare money on ridiculous things that they should not be buying if they require government aid. Overpriced name brand clothes, alcohol/tobacco, even drugs. Despite all this, the amount of kids they have goes up exponentially. We shouldn't be forced to help these people. It would honestly be better for the collective society as a whole if we just let them expire so that the burden would be lifted off the taxpayers who actually DO contribute. Pay attention in high school, go to college instead of being a degenerate junkie, and don't end up on welfare in the first place.

I'm sorry that I don't have a scientific analysis study that some douchebag at some university wrote. It's called practical reality and you actually have to go outside to see it.

edit: I now see that MacArthur posted some links. Are those good enough for you?

Last edited by LOL Renegade : 08-21-2012 at 09:34 PM.
LOL Renegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 09:32 PM #105
General_MacArthur
Formerly General_Patton
 
General_MacArthur's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Asheville, NC
General_MacArthur is playing at Living Legends V
General_MacArthur has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
General_MacArthur has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Since you can't use google, I'm going to give into the obvious trolling here and provide you with some examples and evidence as to why welfare should be regulated and harder to obtain.

http://articles.philly.com/2012-08-0...ud-food-stamps

http://www.wmctv.com/story/19151942/...e-being-abused

http://www.seattlepi.com/local/artic...ke-2341224.php

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...MaU_r8h3 TJuA

http://www.fox43.com/news/wpmt-state...,3160959.story

http://www.poconorecord.com/apps/pbc...NEWS/205300315

http://www.chron.com/news/houston-te...ud-3802113.php

http://www.latimes.com/news/nation/n...,6359381.story

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2012...0-million?lite

http://hamptonroads.com/2012/05/suff...aid-fraud-case

http://www.calwatchdog.com/2011/07/0...es-california/

http://www.pe.com/local-news/san-ber...grand-jury.ece

$9.0 - $13.5 Billion a year in just welfare fraud.
__________________
Defeat the fear of death and welcome the death of fear.

White and proud.
STARMY Scavenger Hunt Champions

Originally Posted by DrobertsPB "you're like an intelligent redneck mountain man"
General_MacArthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump