PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 08-20-2012, 10:03 PM #22
Murph1329

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsbalr120 View Post
Gonzo is right here, although there are some tweeks I would do to the welfare system, to say the majority are "lazy and just collecting money" is untrue. I wont deny that it happens, but you guys are blowin it out of proportion.
really? how about the lady in this video the one looking forward to getting approved for the next government mortgage handout instead of looking forward to actually finding a real job
ANS Jackhammer | Rex Kit
STO RAM | Air America Black Ice | Shocktech LPC
pic
Forum defeat is admitted when one resorts to grammatical insults -me
We all live with a mark of sin, no man's is greater than another's in his own mind. -me
Murph1329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-20-2012, 10:03 PM #23
Animal_Mother (Banned)

Another great contribution from licence to kill. I wouldn't expect anything else.
Animal_Mother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 10:05 PM #24
licence_to_kill
Bizarro World

licence_to_kill is reppin' sidebar 4 life
licence_to_kill has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
licence_to_kill has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
licence_to_kill has perfected Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
licence_to_kill supports DLX Technology
oh please, you couldn't even spell TANF let alone explain to me what it is.

Theres really no point in even debating you, your mind is made up and no amount of evidence to the contrary can do anything to change your worldview. You will always just be a dumb far right grunt.

"Most Ron Paul supporters are domestic terrorists and racist liberal nazis." - John Elway
licence_to_kill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 10:07 PM #25
Animal_Mother (Banned)

And you only know more about social welfare programs than me because you're born to a set of scum ****s that have milked the govt for everything it's got, right? Assumptions are fun.
Old 08-20-2012, 10:09 PM #26
TheSilentAssassin
Words and Stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animal_Mother View Post
Because I live in this neat thing called reality. I've been a non union laborer for the past year working for an asset manager of a major real estate company. Almost all of the work I do is on foreclosed homes, of which almost all are in ****ty neighborhoods of decent sized towns. Almost daily, I see firsthand where a lot of social welfare funds are going and how these people are using these opportunities. It is a complete slap in my face to have these scumbags coming up to me begging me for **** or stealing **** off my truck or trailer. They are clearly capable of working, but they've been conditioned to be leeches on everyone who works harder than them and has nicer things than them. Then I look around my hometown, which is a predominantly white middle class area. I see a lot of single moms with 1, 2, 3 kids just soaking up subsidized housing, food stamps, free school and grants. They continue to be **** bag parents and genuinely show no effort to better their situation. Why? Becuase big brother will take care of everything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murph1329 View Post
really? how about the lady in this video the one looking forward to getting approved for the next government mortgage handout instead of looking forward to actually finding a real job
Anecdotes don't hold weight. I'll ask again. Do you have any evidence to support this belief?
Old 08-20-2012, 10:09 PM #27
licence_to_kill
Bizarro World

actually, i know how to read and use a search engine

and i come from a wealthy family fyi

"Most Ron Paul supporters are domestic terrorists and racist liberal nazis." - John Elway
Old 08-20-2012, 10:10 PM #28
PBOldTimer
Yeah, I'm that Ref

has been a member for 10 years
PBOldTimer owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
PBOldTimer has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
How about this for a compromise:

The people who want Government entitlement programs can pay into them and collect everything they want/need from them. The people who DO NOT want these types of programs should be able to opt out, pay nothing, and become permanently ineligible to collect anything from them, or benefit from them in any way.

In this way, people who want their handouts can have them, but not at the expense of the people who don't want/need them.

PREDICTION: Gonzo will chime in and denounce this idea because these programs need the "haves" to pay for the "have-nots."
Old 08-20-2012, 10:11 PM #29
licence_to_kill
Bizarro World

Quote:
Originally Posted by PBOldTimer View Post
How about this for a compromise:

The people who want Government entitlement programs can pay into them and collect everything they want/need from them. The people who DO NOT want these types of programs should be able to opt out, pay nothing, and become permanently ineligible to collect anything from them, or benefit from them in any way.

In this way, people who want their handouts can have them, but not at the expanse of the people who don't want/need them.

PREDICTION: Gonzo will chime in now denounce this idea because these programs need the "haves" to pay for the "have-nots."
You really have no semblance of what SOCIAL INSURANCE is do you?

Old 08-20-2012, 10:13 PM #30
Animal_Mother (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSilentAssassin View Post
Anecdotes don't hold weight. I'll ask again. Do you have any evidence to support this belief?
I gave you my evidence. I asked for your opinion on why you think these programs are effective and beneficial to the future of our country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by licence_to_kill View Post
and i come from a wealthy family fyi
What are your parents political views and occupations? Why is it that I've been coming across so many rich spoiled ****s born to affluent Republicans spewing bleeding heart liberal nonsense that makes their own parents want to Sparta kick them? You're far from the only one kid, I've been running into a lot of you lately.
Old 08-20-2012, 10:17 PM #31
PBOldTimer
Yeah, I'm that Ref

Quote:
You really have no semblance of what SOCIAL INSURANCE is do you?
I absolutely do. And I think social insurance is legalized theft.

If I were to take money out of your wallet, and use that money to buy food, I'd be sent to jail.
Old 08-20-2012, 10:18 PM #32
TheSilentAssassin
Words and Stuff

Quote:
I gave you my evidence.
No, you gave me some bull****, conservative catch-phrase. Now I'll ask again, do you have any evidence to support this belief that welfare is out of control?

Quote:
I asked for your opinion on why you think these programs are effective and beneficial to the future of our country.
I don't believe I ever said they were.
Old 08-20-2012, 10:21 PM #33
PBOldTimer
Yeah, I'm that Ref

Quote:
Now I'll ask again, do you have any evidence to support this belief that welfare is out of control?
I think this one's all about perception. Ask 100 random U.S. citizens if they think the current welfare system is out-of-control or in-check, what do you think the results would be? And to keep it fair, the 100 citizens should be 2 from every state.
Old 08-20-2012, 10:21 PM #34
Animal_Mother (Banned)

Along with everything else I've posted, the amount of debt we're in is evidence enough.
Old 08-20-2012, 10:25 PM #35
licence_to_kill
Bizarro World

Quote:

If I were to take money out of your wallet, and use that money to buy food, I'd be sent to jail.
Do only people with broken cars pay car insurance? Do only sick people buy health insurance? How the **** else are you expecting it to work? Everyone pays into it so that if they ever need to the insurance will cover their expenses. With any luck they'll never need it, but some do. Thats why its called INSURANCE.

And seriously, enough with the "Taxation is theft!" bull****. Just go move into a cave in the rocky mountains or something if you care that ****ing much.

Old 08-20-2012, 10:26 PM #36
drgonzo
Half-cocked

Quote:

Except that's not what happens. A better example is, if I were to get into a car accident, and get money from an insurance payout, and use that money, I'd be ... well perfectly normal like every other rational citizen of the US.
drgonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 10:31 PM #37
Animal_Mother (Banned)

Quote:

And seriously, enough with the "Taxation is theft!" bull****. Just go move into a cave in the rocky mountains or something if you care that ****ing much.
What do you do for work? How much of your paycheck are you unable to spend because big brother knows a better way for you to spend it? A lot of taxes are complete bull**** and I don't agree with most of what our government does, regardless of whatever puppets may be running it at the time.
Old 08-20-2012, 10:31 PM #38
PBOldTimer
Yeah, I'm that Ref

Quote:
Do only people with broken cars pay car insurance? Do only sick people buy health insurance? How the **** else are you expecting it to work? Everyone pays into it so that if they ever need to the insurance will cover their expenses. With any luck they'll never need it, but some do. Thats why its called INSURANCE.
The key thing with insurance is... I CAN OPT OUT! I can choose to not have auto insurance by not owning a car. I can choose to not buy health insurance (err... I gues not anymore with Obamacare - but that's another thread.) I can opt out of insurance, but I cannot opt out of Government sponsored theft!

Quote:
A more entertaining idea would be to put all the people dependent on Government handouts into that cave. Then the rest of civilized society can enjoy all of the fruits of their wealth and/or labor.
Old 08-20-2012, 10:33 PM #39
TheSilentAssassin
Words and Stuff

Quote:
I think this one's all about perception. Ask 100 random U.S. citizens if they think the current welfare system is out-of-control or in-check, what do you think the results would be? And to keep it fair, the 100 citizens should be 2 from every state.
How ****ing irrelevant. Should we base all our public policies on perception or fact?

Quote:
Along with everything else I've posted, the amount of debt we're in is evidence enough.
What makes you believe social programs are causing our debt?
Old 08-20-2012, 10:35 PM #40
Animal_Mother (Banned)

They aren't the only cause, but they certainly do not help.
Old 08-20-2012, 10:37 PM #41
TheSilentAssassin
Words and Stuff

Check out that huge blue chunk that says "Welfare"... Oh wait!?!?
Old 08-20-2012, 10:40 PM #42
PBOldTimer
Yeah, I'm that Ref

Quote:
How ****ing irrelevant. Should we base all our public policies on perception or fact?

What makes you believe social programs are causing our debt?
Our public policies are based on the people's perceptions every election day!