Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 09-02-2012, 06:07 PM #22
jtguy2269
PL gun collector

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonaldCrb View Post
ok my airsmith said it is solved... problem was rammer oring tolerances... im still using DOW33 tho...
order dow55 from an online store, or call BLAST and I'm sure they would sell you some
jtguy2269 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-06-2012, 10:00 AM #23
RonaldCrb

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtguy2269 View Post
order dow55 from an online store, or call BLAST and I'm sure they would sell you some
ill get some at world cup... i cant just order whatever i want via internet cause where i live it just doesnt work that way

ok i have some information that may be usefull for you guys...

so i was tinkering with the gun since it came from my airsmith... and i noticed im running 200/75 psi which is way different from 170/85 i was running before and i asked him why?

he said "the marker will give you 295 fps at 175/85 psi... but it is necessary to have over 200 on the hpr because valve is designed to close at that pressure therefore forcing you to use lower LPR pressure to achieve desired velocity..."

now i put 2 cases thru it and its still reliable and consistent... it gives me 270 fps avg... and i tried underboring it shoots golden at 295 fps with a freak 0.677 insert (green one)... i always use GI 3 star paint in practice and GI 5 star for tournaments...
Old 09-06-2012, 10:07 AM #24
IgnoranceInABag

Annual Supporting Member
IgnoranceInABag plays in the PSP
IgnoranceInABag plays in the APPA D2 division
just out of curiosity, where do you live?
Old 09-07-2012, 12:49 PM #25
TwistedFreak (Banned)

TwistedFreak is playing at Living Legends V
TwistedFreak owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
TwistedFreak has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
I just got mine back from blast and they have it running 203/84....but i guess the original problem i was having is happening to a batch of victorys
TwistedFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 08:43 AM #26
iboomalot

iboomalot is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
or a bad batch of donuts.

Sounds like a donut problem to me but who knows.

VISIT www.expandinghealthcare.com for 30%-50% off dental costs with Aetna for $9.95/month which includes entire family
iboomalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 06:40 PM #27
RonaldCrb

Quote:
Originally Posted by IgnoranceInABag View Post
just out of curiosity, where do you live?
Venezuela
Old 09-16-2012, 03:52 AM #28
HarryBalzak

HarryBalzak is a Supporting Member
So what ended up being the actual problem? Was the HPR too low and not being able to hold the valve closed?
Old 09-17-2012, 12:43 AM #29
RonaldCrb

well today i shot couple cases with it... and ended up underboring some DXS field paint with a freak .677 barrel and i was shooting ropes all day long, after checking the pressures with tester, ended up being 170/80... then i tried RPS evil and the gun was Chopping paint like crazy... i switched to stock barrel and it shot ropes again...

i took apart the gun and noticed very little grease on it, i would say is nearly dry and it still shoot ropes ... ive put like 10 cases thru it since airsmith and it just keep shooting consistently...

as a side comment: if i raise HPR, then LPR automatically lowers itself like 5 psi for every 30 psi of difference in HPR... ie. if i set hpr to 210, lpr goes to 75 psi... if i set hpr again to 175 or so, lpr goes like 85 psi itself...

to be honest im really confused, but at the same time the gun just shoots ropes, in a consistent and efficient way, so if i cant figure out how to tinker with the gun properly before world cup i will definately exchange the vic for a g6r...
Old 09-17-2012, 05:09 AM #30
herk8240
Armed Force #30

You said it's consistent, efficient, and shoots ropes. Why do you need to tinker with it?
herk8240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 06:37 PM #31
RonaldCrb

Quote:
Originally Posted by herk8240 View Post
You said it's consistent, efficient, and shoots ropes. Why do you need to tinker with it?
if it brokes again, i need to be able to fix it myself... i dont like to rely in other persons to fix my problems... specially if i have to drop 80$

any advice on what was the actual problem?
Old 09-23-2012, 09:55 AM #32
TwistedFreak (Banned)

TwistedFreak is playing at Living Legends V
TwistedFreak owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
TwistedFreak has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
I wish i could tell you what the actual problem was. They usually print it out and put it in the box with the gun but Zach said the printer was down. The only thing i got from this is that they had a bad batch of guns. And had to rebuild the engine
TwistedFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 07:06 AM #33
CAOL_98
Ego User

CAOL_98 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonaldCrb View Post
ok my airsmith said it is solved... problem was rammer oring tolerances... im still using DOW33 tho...
I suppose maybe he might suggest using 33 in an extreme pinch, but dow 55 is used for a reason...it causes a slight swell to the orings...I can almost guarantee it will solve your issue. Bob might have been tired or drunk when he suggested that you can use either

"This sport transcends all expectations. I thank God for this gift and the friends I have made playing."
CAOL_98 is offline   Reply With Quote