PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 08-14-2012, 02:20 AM #1
Vysen

Annual Supporting Member
Vysen is an NCPA player
Alpha Black + Expansion Chamber?

Got an old alpha black I thought about modding. Specifically removing the handle and adding picatinny rails. However I thought about an expansion chamber...

Anyone ever bother to do this? I've heard of it done with a little modding and an x7 expansion chamber. Seems rather easy to do as the fake magazine and the braided line travel the same path.

Thought about doing it for some kicks. Thoughts?
Vysen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-14-2012, 09:16 AM #2
FreeEnterprise

FreeEnterprise posts videos on PbNation
remote coil does the same thing, and is functional as you can take all the weight of your tank off your marker and put it on your back.

If you want to make it shoot better, get an Apex 2 18 inch (which works with the shroud, the 14 inch is too short).

I have one and that is the only upgrade I put on it, and it is sweet, plus it looks menacing.

Old 08-14-2012, 04:41 PM #3
Vysen

Annual Supporting Member
Vysen is an NCPA player
Yeah I know about all that, I too swear by the Apex, and stick to 12-14 inch barrels myself to keep efficiency and accuracy at a peak.

I just felt like making it a little more original, and add a little practicality. Can hardly get it off my hands, so I just keep it for trying to entice friends to play.
Plus, most new players don't like to mess with lines/vests/belts. Basically just using it as a conversation piece, and its gotten boring. I could get it and do it all about the same price as a decent Ninja line, and it'd probably get more use than the line since I run a carbon HPA tank on my guns.

As for just investing in HPA? Places with HPA around here are a ways away, and my tippmanns get most of their use through local woods. So Dick's CO2 is how they get gas.
Vysen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 08:17 PM #4
Guy In Digi Camo

Guy In Digi Camo owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Up to you man if you run remote its worthless to get one. If you can make an X-chamber work on it go for it if you run alot of CO2, i would go with a max 4 chamber though

if you really want to blow some cash palmer pursuit shop makes a bottomline reg setup that is pretty sweet for CO2, i had it on one of my 98s, never had any flakes ever
Guy In Digi Camo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 03:49 AM #5
Rubbr Chickin
Professional Eye Poker

Rubbr Chickin is playing at Living Legends VI
Rubbr Chickin supports Empire
Your remote line will do all of your expansion, but everybody already beat me to saying that.

HPA is a nice investment (stay way from LPA tanks), but if youre far from fill stations or your field doesnt carry it, I wouldnt bother with a tank.

Another nice barrel is the J&J Ceramic. You can also get Apex tip adapters for them. I use a plain jane 16" on my TiPX.
Old 08-18-2012, 09:58 PM #6
jeremyhaile
old dog

Another tip to aid in expansion is to is mount it vertically (with the tip pointing upward) in you vest. Horizontal mounted tanks make the co2 have a "pouring" if that makes sense. I would then recommend regulating air, which is more interesting to me since you mentioned it being conversation piece. You can mount many other regs besides the mighty stabilizer (which is an awesome reg), but it's not pretty. You can also just choose not to mount the reg. Find any old reg that's co2 capable and screw it into the ASA and screw a male QD fitting into the reg output (you should be able to rob it from your remote plug). Back out your velocity screw all the way and chrono your gun using the reg adjustment. This will be more quiet and consistent than most other alternatives. I talk my customers into HPA in most cases, but I've created setups similar to the above when HPA didn't make sense.
jeremyhaile is offline   Reply With Quote