Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 03-14-2011, 10:27 AM #1
woody9

pantball pistol..what is the best one

i'm looking to get a pistol. i have a a5 with some upgrades and looking for a side arm. the reason is i have joined the milsim.
woody9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-14-2011, 12:24 PM #2
duddyflash
Pretty cool

duddyflash is a Moderator
duddyflash posts videos on PbNation
Its hard to say what the best one is. I would try as many different ones as you can befor you buy.

'mon.. let me just borrow that soul for a lil bit...
duddyflash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 01:18 PM #3
Z1K

It all depends on what you want it for. If it is strictly as a backup I wouldn't go for any of the 68cal markers. I'd probably lean towards one of the 43cal varieties due to size, weight and realism.

I have a T8.1 and love it, but I use it as a primary and it had the features I wanted in a pistol. If it was for sidearm only I'd probably have one of these in a holster on my vest:

Z1K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 02:23 PM #4
woody9

i was looking at the tippmann
woody9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 05:31 PM #5
tonycon
Knuckleheads Paintball

Annual Supporting Member
tonycon owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
tonycon owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
tonycon owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
tonycon supports our troops
tonycon is Legendary
tonycon owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
The tpx is a great pistol. You really have to hold both of them in your hands to see which one feels better. I liked the tpx better, the tiberiois pistols have huge grips (I have 3x glove size btw) and it didn't feel right. It is easier to change the co2 in the tpx as well. But that's my .02

Proudly Sponsored By:
PBExplosion VirtueSpire Valken Paintball

KnuckleHeads Paintball Team
Game footage
tonycon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 06:03 PM #6
raptor390

check it

http://blackeaglesspokane.com/TPX.aspx
Old 03-18-2011, 05:04 PM #7
Saint[DFW]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z1K View Post
It all depends on what you want it for. If it is strictly as a backup I wouldn't go for any of the 68cal markers. I'd probably lean towards one of the 43cal varieties due to size, weight and realism.

I have a T8.1 and love it, but I use it as a primary and it had the features I wanted in a pistol. If it was for sidearm only I'd probably have one of these in a holster on my vest:

Actually, I wouldn't go with anything that ISN'T .68 cal.. Almost no fields have .43 cal paint on hand and some only allow field paint. With a .43, you'll find that you're limited. I suggest Tiberius or Tippmann pistols. I have the Tiberius T8.1 and I love it! Stupid accurate (more so than my A-5), light, fast. They've finally made the remote line mod part for the 8.1, so no more wasting money on ecologically unfriendly 20g CO2 carts.
I haven't fired the TPX, but it looks very sleek.
Check out the TPX and Tiberius Arms forums to compare opinions.
Saint[DFW] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 10:40 AM #8
xiongsta_00

luckly, my field allows .43 paintballs, so i carry around the p99 with me. as far as the tpx goes, imo, its not to bad. the only thing i didnt like about it was the fact that its plastic, the trigger is way to squishy, and makes this annoying sound when firing off the first co2 or so before it finally stops. the only neat feature i do like about the tpx is that you can puncture the co2 with the trigger and not have to twist a cap or things like that.

i have never used a tiberius so i cant say anything about them.
xiongsta_00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 10:10 PM #9
Z1K

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint[DFW] View Post
Actually, I wouldn't go with anything that ISN'T .68 cal.. Almost no fields have .43 cal paint on hand and some only allow field paint. With a .43, you'll find that you're limited. I suggest Tiberius or Tippmann pistols. I have the Tiberius T8.1 and I love it! Stupid accurate (more so than my A-5), light, fast. They've finally made the remote line mod part for the 8.1, so no more wasting money on ecologically unfriendly 20g CO2 carts.
I haven't fired the TPX, but it looks very sleek.
Check out the TPX and Tiberius Arms forums to compare opinions.
The key word was backup marker. I wouldn't want the added weight and bulk of my T8.1 and mags bouncing around on my vest all day if I wasn't planning on using it. It is only meant to get you out of a jam. Where I play the limitations you speak of do not apply.

Primary - T8.1 or TPX (I like the 8.1 but I've never used a TPX.)
Backup/milsim - The smallest, lightest and most realistic you can find. (The P99 fits the bill.)
Z1K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 10:01 AM #10
bmarsh4
Attention!!!!

bmarsh4 supports Pev's Paintball
bmarsh4 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
bmarsh4 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
bmarsh4 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
No one has mentioned the BT SA-17. It is cheaper than the tippmann and the tiberius. While I haven't used any yet I am on the same hunt as you. As a side arm it is more economical but i'm not sure how the functionality compares to the tpx or others.

WTB: BT SA-17 .692 barrel insert
bmarsh4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 10:07 AM #11
jasonstiller

what about the kingman trainer i dont really hear much about this one? My bud has the rap 4 P99 and shooting 4 rounds into someone 12 feet away and the balls didnt break. That turned me off on the small size
jasonstiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 10:29 AM #12
GUARDIAN

GUARDIAN has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
I think the bt is a bit bulky and the kingman is too small. I have the tpx and it feels nice and so far shoots very well
GUARDIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 01:08 PM #13
xiongsta_00

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonstiller View Post
what about the kingman trainer i dont really hear much about this one? My bud has the rap 4 P99 and shooting 4 rounds into someone 12 feet away and the balls didnt break. That turned me off on the small size
with kingman, you can use the kingman balls. they are more brittle then the rap4 .43 cal paint. but with the rap p99, they are to strong for the kingman .43 cal paint. i've shot myself with a rap4 .43 cal paint point blank on my arm...hurt like a mother...but broke. if you can hit them in hard places on the body, such as a mask, a break will happen.
Old 03-31-2011, 08:21 PM #14
astainless

has been a member for 10 years
Go with Tiberius. More accurate and you can use first strikes.
Old 03-31-2011, 11:36 PM #15
xiongsta_00

Quote:
Originally Posted by astainless View Post
Go with Tiberius. More accurate and you can use first strikes.
i also heard that not a lot of pb fields allow fs rounds because they only go away by sunlight and not by the actual environment.
Old 04-01-2011, 01:58 AM #16
astainless

I have never had that problem. I know Skirmish allows them and they are fairly picky.
Old 04-03-2011, 08:42 PM #17
Vantraxel

Vantraxel owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Vantraxel is for the Gunfight
That tpx pistol seems real nice in the hand as soon as i get rest of my gear together I think I am picking one up
Vantraxel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 08:51 PM #18
Vantraxel

Vantraxel owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Vantraxel is for the Gunfight
That tpx pistol seems real nice in the hand as soon as i get rest of my gear together I think I am picking one up
Vantraxel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 02:36 PM #19
Idoites
MasterOfSockPuppets

I bought a TPX to back up my A-5 - as in the opening post - but I've never lugged it out to the field, I've only fired it in the back yard.

There have been times - as in climbing a muddy hillside and useing one hand to pull myself up or simply at the end of a round when I was running out of air but holding my own - when I wished I HAD, but I still never learn.

Am I alone in this? I just don't see other paintballers with sidearms.
Idoites is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 02:39 PM #20
astainless

I usually play pistols only with woodsball. I find I get more hits and less waste that way then when I played with my A5, AT85 or Angel.
Old 04-04-2011, 02:49 PM #21
Idoites
MasterOfSockPuppets

I usually play pistols only with woodsball

I've thought about it. How many mags do you carry, and how many do you usually go thru?
Idoites is offline   Reply With Quote