Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 02-14-2014, 02:10 AM #1
zyxin

Thumbs up Cyborg 06 leak experiance

Hi, I resently posted a thread about buying a Sonic cyborg 05. And because of that I also bought a 06 :-)

I just wanted to share this with all of you.
I had a leak I first thought came from the ram. I did some basic maintenance on ram and ram housing. It still leaked. So I tried to pinpoint the leak. Found out it came from the valve. After reading a LOT of threads about leaking 06 I took out the valve and found out it had the 07 red valve with delrin poppet/cup seal. Changed the orings and did not over tighten the valve set screw. Still leaked :-(
So I took it out again and inspected it really close, I used a flashlight (in a dark room) to light up the inside of the valve while looking at the cup seal for light coming out. I found a small scratch where the light escaped the valve. I thought "great, now I have to buy a new one". But since I already was set to buy a new I thought I maby could just sand it down with a fine grit paper. All I had was 400. So I tried, did the flashlight thing again and it looked ok. Put it back together and the leak was gone! I'm so happy now!

By the way, it's a MD cyborg 06 with 07 red valve and clamping feedneck. Black and gold P.I.M.P edition witch I bought for $120.

/Kim (from Sweden)
zyxin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 09:49 AM #2
imped4now
BTFU

has been a member for 10 years
I've had to do the exact same thing with Cyborg and Angel delrin valve pins.
imped4now is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 12:52 PM #3
zyxin

I hope the last guy who owned it made the nic on it. It can't be from using it I guess.
zyxin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 01:21 PM #4
SHOOTNPOO
MACDEV MASTER US TECH

SHOOTNPOO works for a Paintball manufacturer
SHOOTNPOO plays in the USPL
SHOOTNPOO posts videos on PbNation
I do have new valves and cup seals in stock along with few other parts lije gold rams ect.

Eric
SHOOTNPOO is offline   Reply With Quote