Community Focus

Old 11-15-2014, 12:24 PM #1
tyronejk
titular

tyronejk is an NCPA player
tyronejk plays in the APPA D5 division
tyronejk's personal gun history

Double-barrel Ion (still own)
This is objectively the best gun in the world. But really, it's my favorite to use in the woods and for recball. The Ion XE body came off the first paintball gun I've ever owned. I still have the parts to separate it into two working guns. It's made up of mostly stock Ion parts except for the CP ASA and rail, clamping feednecks on both bodies, QEVs on both bodies, and the XE body has a Warrior SL V2 bolt and TechT spring detents. It was relatively easy to build, due to the hoses used in Ions. It was just a matter of getting the right tee fittings to connect two bodies to one noid and frame. If anyone wants to build their own and wants more pictures, feel free to pm me.

Shocker NXT (sold)
I found a good deal for this NXT, so I picked it up and threw a Mg Eigenbolt in it when it first came out. I did a few mods to it including drilling out the bolt guide for LP, adding an ARB screw to the bolt guide, drilling the trigger frame for trigger pivot set screws (like a Luxe trigger).

Clone VX'd (traded)
I found this VX'd for a great deal, so I picked it up and sold the Shocker to compensate. I also did the trigger pivot set screw mod on this gun. It makes for a great, no-wiggle trigger pull. The screen went out on this gun, so I picked up a new Type-B screen, which went out after a month. Then I built my own OLED board with a Femtoduino, but didn't trust the reliability and battery life of my custom board.

Drone DX (traded)
I found this Drone with a "blown" noid, which was just an bad oring in the manifold. I only shot this in my backyard, but hated the feel of the frame compared to my Clone, so I didn't hang on to this for very long.

Lasoya Promaster (still own)
I found a great deal for this Promaster and it came with a BL 360 reg and gear drive ASA, so I bought it on impulse. It was my first stacked-tube poppet and I loved the shot, so that led me to pick up a G6R.

2k11 G6R (still own)
I traded the Clone and Drone for this G6R after shooting my Promaster and loving the shot of a stacked-tube poppet. This gun is my main shooter for practices and tourneys and has 4C laser eyes that came with it and a LP poppet that I added.

Shocker NXT (traded)
I also found this NXT for a pretty good deal, considering it had a RL Virtue board that I wanted just to have. It had a NoX Kilo bolt and shot pretty well and I was gonna keep it as a backup to my G6R, but it was too heavy and uncomfortable for me to want to use it.

Axe (traded)
My teammate has a stock Axe that shoots amazingly well (just like a Clone) so I wanted to pick one up for myself. I traded the green NXT plus the BL 360 reg and gear drive from my Promaster for this Axe. It shot well, but not as well as my teammate's and I could not get it to shoot better. I was considering throwing some Lurker parts into it, but I found a JT Impulse whose owner wanted to trade for an Axe, so I did that. The Impulse should be in the mail as of now.

PM5 (still own)
This was my buddy's and he sold it to me for cheap. It wasn't shooting when he had it, so I rebuilt it from the ground up and now it shoots amazingly smooth, most likely due to the 3lbs of aluminum on this monster. It's blind and has an old Virtue board that doesn't cap any lower than 15bps, but in eye malfunction mode it goes down to 10-11bps, so I can use it in tourneys that way .

Theoretical max efficiency of a marker
Automated paintball turret

Last edited by tyronejk : 11-15-2014 at 12:28 PM.
tyronejk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-15-2014, 05:06 PM #2
Pvlacrosse14

Pvlacrosse14 is playing at Living Legends VII
Pvlacrosse14 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Pvlacrosse14 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Pvlacrosse14 is attending Decay of Nations VII
Pvlacrosse14 supports DLX Technology
That double barrel ion is sick! How did you build that?

OLED Bob Long G6R
Spire 260
Ninja 68/4500 Grey Ghost
Empire Events
NXE Elevation
Pvlacrosse14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 10:38 PM #3
Ahura_Mazda

Awesome. That's a clean promaster! Should definitely make a shooting video of the double ions.
Ahura_Mazda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2014, 12:53 PM #4
7paintball
Service at its best.

Nice Ion
Lockport, IL 60441
(815) 588-1777

We always offer discounts to the Military, Police and Fire Departments.
7paintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 09:35 PM #5
KrGlory11

KrGlory11 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
KrGlory11 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
That ion is so cool!!
KrGlory11 is offline   Reply With Quote