Community Focus
Community Focus

Closed Thread

Old 08-15-2012, 08:32 PM #1
GrizzyGregPB

GrizzyGregPB has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
GrizzyGregPB has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Cocker Enthusiasts READ!!!

I'm not big into cockers, but I saw this, and figured everyone who likes autocockers should have a chance to bid on this. Look at this sexy *** gat.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Custom-1-Of-...#ht_718wt_1344
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-15-2012, 10:03 PM #2
Dk-79
SCHWING!

has been a member for 10 years
Dk-79 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
It's not 1 of 1, and it's not custom by any stretch of the word.

It's an almost entirely stock Hybrid.

At least the price is right.
Old 08-16-2012, 07:11 AM #3
Klaus

Klaus is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dk-79 View Post
It's not 1 of 1, and it's not custom by any stretch of the word.

It's an almost entirely stock Hybrid.

At least the price is right.
Mike is a "legendary gun tech"? guess that makes me god like?? he may have been a legend at his local field down in Florida, and god knows the boy/man could play, and can still play (RIP Strange), but legendary tech might be a stretch. lol
Old 08-16-2012, 07:29 AM #4
Tempted (Banned)

How is that thing going for almost $250 with a day left to bid?
Old 08-16-2012, 04:48 PM #5
GrizzyGregPB

I don't know anything about cockers. I just thought the gat was sick is all. Thanks for not being ******s like the kids on the electronic section.
Old 08-16-2012, 05:03 PM #6
PeaTear_Griffin
GUNDAMNIT

Annual Supporting Member
PeaTear_Griffin is playing at Living Legends V
PeaTear_Griffin is playing at Living Legends VI
PeaTear_Griffin is playing at Living Legends VII
PeaTear_Griffin supports Team VICIOUS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempted View Post
How is that thing going for almost $250 with a day left to bid?
Well the hybrid cockers are harder to find then other cockers some people like them a lot.
Old 08-16-2012, 06:37 PM #7
Tempted (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrizzyGregPB View Post
I don't know anything about cockers. I just thought the gat was sick is all. Thanks for not being ******s like the kids on the electronic section.
You know I've noticed this as well. The Mech Cocker, Automag, Angel and Pump sections seem to hold members with a much higher intelligence level than say the Spyder, Proto, Tippmann and DP sections.
Old 08-16-2012, 07:09 PM #8
GrizzyGregPB

Quote:
You know I've noticed this as well. The Mech Cocker, Automag, Angel and Pump sections seem to hold members with a much higher intelligence level than say the Spyder, Proto, Tippmann and DP sections.
I wouldn't say higher intelligence. Just bigger egos. I'm surprised they fit in their room to be honest. And I know markers very well. Just not old school such as cockers, mags, ICDs, etc. When I got into paintball Smart Parts was the gun to have. I can tech almost any gun from the smart parts era and later on. I know alot about them. So I'm not sure if you're calling me a Spyder/Tippmann scrub, but if so, you're mistaken. Most of the people who use cockers use are posers anyway and only like them to be noticed. I let my game get me noticed. Not my knowledge of old school markers. They just think walking on the field with a cocker gives them swag. Well, guess what, you want swag, grab a DM4-5 or a Shocker NXT.
Old 08-16-2012, 10:13 PM #9
Tempted (Banned)

Nothing to do with "swag". I personally am not a Cocker guy because of how complicated I thought they were. Turns out they aren't as bad as I thought. A mech Cocker is a tech's marker. Someone who enjoys the complexity of the external pneumatics. Some Cockers are down right gorgeous, some hideous. I've had both. Had an old black 2k2 that I thought was an eyesore. I have a polished 2k4 Pro Stock now that I think looks incredible. And when you fire one, you get to see it set in motion. Much like an 1800s pocket watch vs a Timex. Its easier to read the digital numbers and they are probably more accurate, but it isn't as fascinating or cool as the gears spinning the classic. Mech Cockers are neat to watch. The trigger slides an external rod, the rod controls an external 3 way valve, the valve routes air via external lines, the air forces an external piston back, the piston moves another external rod, the rod is attached to the hammer and bolt. That is why many people still like Cockers.
Old 08-17-2012, 02:43 AM #10
GrizzyGregPB

Quote:
Nothing to do with "swag". I personally am not a Cocker guy because of how complicated I thought they were. Turns out they aren't as bad as I thought. A mech Cocker is a tech's marker. Someone who enjoys the complexity of the external pneumatics. Some Cockers are down right gorgeous, some hideous. I've had both. Had an old black 2k2 that I thought was an eyesore. I have a polished 2k4 Pro Stock now that I think looks incredible. And when you fire one, you get to see it set in motion. Much like an 1800s pocket watch vs a Timex. Its easier to read the digital numbers and they are probably more accurate, but it isn't as fascinating or cool as the gears spinning the classic. Mech Cockers are neat to watch. The trigger slides an external rod, the rod controls an external 3 way valve, the valve routes air via external lines, the air forces an external piston back, the piston moves another external rod, the rod is attached to the hammer and bolt. That is why many people still like Cockers.
I mean I feel you on that. There are some on the cockers who like them. And I've seen some nice e cockers and mechs. I've shot a few too, and I'm not sayin I hate them. I just won't put my cash on them. My boy actually shoots an e cocker that's beautiful. PE I beleive? He used to use it for tourneys up till he got his g6r. They're nice guns but alot of people use them for my previously stated reasons. Gotta admit it's true.
Old 08-17-2012, 03:58 AM #11
Tempted (Banned)

That's mostly the kids. The truth about it all is that a Cocker is one of the slowest cycling markers there is. You can buy a much faster, much easier marker for less. Just comes down to what you want. I used to think I needed a marker that would fire 1000bps and carry 600 pods on the field. I learned its cheaper, easier and more fun to shoot something slower and see how far you get. I think an E Cocker is pointless myself but people buy them. For the most part Cockers already have a light trigger pull and they don't really cycle fast enough to walk/ramp. Do an E Cocker without eyes and you have one awesome slushy machine when you try to walk.
Old 08-17-2012, 07:48 AM #12
GrizzyGregPB

Quote:
That's mostly the kids. The truth about it all is that a Cocker is one of the slowest cycling markers there is. You can buy a much faster, much easier marker for less. Just comes down to what you want. I used to think I needed a marker that would fire 1000bps and carry 600 pods on the field. I learned its cheaper, easier and more fun to shoot something slower and see how far you get. I think an E Cocker is pointless myself but people buy them. For the most part Cockers already have a light trigger pull and they don't really cycle fast enough to walk/ramp. Do an E Cocker without eyes and you have one awesome slushy machine when you try to walk.
If I was gonna get into old school markers, I think I'd probably rather have an automag to be honest. I use one of my friends mech cocker every once in a while when there's mostly rental players on the field. But I'm not really a fan of it. As I said before I don't know much about cockers, so idk if it's just his or all mech cockers do it, but if you don't give it a complete trigger pull, it won't fully cycle for the next shot. I think that's kind of a pain.
Old 08-17-2012, 08:10 AM #13
Tempted (Banned)

Called short stroking and its the same on all mech Cockers. I'd rather use my Automags on the field, less chance of it getting fouled up. But my 04 Pro Stock is a beauty queen compared to 90% of Mags out there.
Closed Thread