Old 11-16-2012, 01:28 AM #232
memorex
I'm Suppish

memorex helped look for balloons
memorex is playing at Living Legends V
memorex owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
memorex supports Team VICIOUS
memorex is reppin' sidebar 4 life
finally played online with a friend tonight, it is so god awful.

Like said up above, there are so many ways to enter a building and to move around maps. I move constantly and I would get shot in the back 90% of my deaths or from some guy camping in a window up above the map or even better yet, some ****ing camping sitting in the corner when you run inside

Lag was terrible. I could put 2-3 rounds of a shotgun into a guy and he would knife me out of no where.

I still want to buy this game, but I dont think zombies alone is worth the 60 clams

Just another let down from treyarch
Advertisement
Old 11-16-2012, 01:32 AM #233
Excaka
ridikyələs

has been a member for 10 years
Excaka has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Excaka has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
so does pc have dedicated servers?
Old 11-16-2012, 01:34 AM #234
Cmizzle
Full Time Tape Head

I dont think Im really having any fun playing this game. Im honestly am trying to keep an open mind and try out some new stuff but damn... Im a little disappointed
Cmizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 01:37 AM #235
Drex17
Valar Morghulis

Drex17 is one of the top 25 posters on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Excaka View Post
so does pc have dedicated servers?
Yes, but not in the normal player rented and controlled fashion. You still get into games via matchmaking like the console p2p connections, just instead of it being hosted by some ******** home internet connection a dedicated machine hosts it.
"The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far. The sciences, each straining in its own direction, have hitherto harmed us little; but some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the deadly light into the peace and safety of a new dark age."
Drex17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 01:37 AM #236
Cmizzle
Full Time Tape Head

If only consoles did that....
Old 11-16-2012, 01:58 AM #237
midman112
Lawd Oh Lawd

midman112 plays in the MiLP
midman112 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
midman112 supports Team VICIOUS
midman112 plays in the APPA D4 division
I've stopped playing with randoms completely. Unless I an almost full team to roll with I don't play multiplayer for the simple fact I can't rely on other people to watch my back or be smart enough to not run straight into the other teams spawn causing it swap so I get shot in the *** as the end result.
Old 11-16-2012, 10:24 AM #238
sirX
The next Jeremy Salm

sirX donated to help Peyton Trent
sirX supports Team VICIOUS
sirX is reppin' sidebar 4 life
sirX has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
The spawn swap isn't that hard to figure out people. Run across map, kill people. Turn around, run across map, kill people. Turn around, run across map, kill people. Turn around, run across map, kill people.Turn around, run across map, kill people. Turn around, run across map, kill people. Turn around, run across map, kill people.Turn around, run across map, kill people. Turn around, run across map, kill people. Turn around, run across map, kill people.Turn around, run across map, kill people. Turn around, run across map, kill people. Turn around, run across map, kill people.Turn around, run across map, kill people. Turn around, run across map, kill people. Turn around, run across map, kill people. Go to lobby, Migrate hosts, begin game, Migrate hosts, Run across map, kill people. Turn around, run across map, kill people. Turn around, run across map, kill people. Turn around, run across map, kill people.Turn around, run across map, kill people. Turn around, run across map, kill people. Turn around, run across map, kill people.Turn around, run across map, kill people. Rinse. Wash. Repeat.
sirX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 10:31 AM #239
ThomasAscher
Always buying and selling

ThomasAscher owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
ThomasAscher is Legendary
ThomasAscher supports DLX Technology
image-2718888285.jpg

Luxe 2.0 Dm12 Sl94 Dm13 Ego11 Bob Long Phoenix Axe
Gear Bag Sale
ThomasAscher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 11:33 AM #240
midman112
Lawd Oh Lawd

midman112 plays in the MiLP
midman112 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
midman112 supports Team VICIOUS
midman112 plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirX View Post
The spawn swap isn't that hard to figure out people. Run across map, kill people. Turn around, run across map, kill people. Turn around, run across map, kill people. Turn around, run across map, kill people.Turn around, run across map, kill people. Turn around, run across map, kill people. Turn around, run across map, kill people.Turn around, run across map, kill people. Turn around, run across map, kill people. Turn around, run across map, kill people.Turn around, run across map, kill people. Turn around, run across map, kill people. Turn around, run across map, kill people.Turn around, run across map, kill people. Turn around, run across map, kill people. Turn around, run across map, kill people. Go to lobby, Migrate hosts, begin game, Migrate hosts, Run across map, kill people. Turn around, run across map, kill people. Turn around, run across map, kill people. Turn around, run across map, kill people.Turn around, run across map, kill people. Turn around, run across map, kill people. Turn around, run across map, kill people.Turn around, run across map, kill people. Rinse. Wash. Repeat.
I prefer to keep it all in front of me.
Old 11-16-2012, 11:42 AM #241
sirX
The next Jeremy Salm

sirX donated to help Peyton Trent
sirX supports Team VICIOUS
sirX is reppin' sidebar 4 life
sirX has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
So you prefer spawn camping/spawn rape? Most people don't...

Or you could just play search and destroy. No spawn problems there.
sirX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 03:43 PM #242
big_scott
Has a good personality.

Annual Supporting Member
big_scott is a founding member
big_scott is BST Legit
big_scott supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by iRoNiQ

Quality post. Lots of information here to back up your theory.

TL;DR you're a ****ing idiot with absolutely nothing interesting to say.

Why are you constantly making love to a corner?

Anyways, I was bored earlier in class and this is what I came up with:

Maps: The maps are terrible. They're too big and too complex. The reason why the COD4 maps are the best maps made is due to the fact that they're simple. These new maps have too many things to climb on or into (such as boxes or crates). Every map is multi-level. You have to look up, down, and all around. How many times have you been killed from someone sitting in a window like a nerd? Every room has a million ways to enter it. There are four wall rooms with 4 doors and two windows that can all be used to enter it. All of this caters to the average player because it makes the gameplay more about being lucky than using strategy and/or gun skill.

Kill Streaks: Other than maps, this is the worst part of the game. Not just this game, but all games since COD4. The ability to choose three killstreaks from about 15 options (I'm guessing off the top of my head) is dumb. When there were three killsteaks and everyone had the same thing, it created an even playing field. They were simple. One UAV, one airstrike, and one helicopter. You could counter act the UAV, you could hide from an airstrike, and you could easily shoot down a helicopter. These kill steaks still aided the user but did not provide a crutch for that player. Again, this is how they cater the game to the average video game player.

Perks: The perks system is terrible. They have counter-acts for your counter-acts. For example, you can call in a UAV. The other team can call in a counter-UAV. Now, you can use a perk that counter-acts their counter-UAV. The ability to take two perks from each grouping is terrible. Now a player can use Lightweight, Extreme Conditioning, Ghost, and Dead Silence all at the same time! Speaking of dead silence, you have to wait until level 38 to get it. You have to wait until level 38 in a game where almost everyone uses a headset and tries to sound whore, in order to get the one perk that makes your footsteps silent. Who's bright idea was that? Lastly, they broke up certain perks so you have no choice but to use multiple perks to accomplish the same task. The perks in COD4 were simple, they allowed a player to choose three abilities which they would like to have. This again focuses the game on actual skill and shooting players.

Gameplay: The spawns are terrible. If you're playing domination your team could have B and C captured and while laying on A they will spawn the opposition just feet from you. If the maps are going to be this large, spawn the opposition away from the living players. It takes too many bullets to kill someone. In some cases it takes almost a full clip to kill a player. Some people might argue that if you don't like it, play hardcore. Well that is not a solution because hardcore damage is too high and they take many other aspects of the game out in that setting. Also, there are limited game options. The grenades and tactical grenades are highly effective on this game, but I do not mind that. However the ability to take multiples is another aid to those who cannot kill people with their gun. One of the only ways to make the gameplay worse is to add vehicles.

If you don't agree, that's fine. Heck you might be that person that they're catering the game towards. This is just my opinion. I am by no means a serious gamer or one of those MLG nerds but I happen to be good at video games when I do play them.
Learn the maps, like in every other multiplayer shooter, and you'll find that you get surprised far less often. It's not that hard. I've only been playing for a few days and already I have good idea of the patterns people follow when moving around a map so I know the spots to look. You say you are "good" at games, then surely you realize that learning the maps and situational awareness is just as important as shooting the other better than he shoots you.

As for perks, as drex said, they work. Taking away gun handling perks in favor of weapon attachments, as well as splitting up many perks and using the Pick 10 system actually balances them pretty well. They also tweaked many of the perks people used to cheese. Ghost now only hides you from UAVs while you move. If you stop moving, you will show up on radar. I also think you grossly overestimate the amount of people who use headsets while playing this in pub matches. I would almost say its probably the opposite of your estimation and closer to 90% of people don't use headsets though that too is probably an exaggeration.

The part about taking too many bullets to kill someone is a good thing. It makes it possible to get into a gun fight and live, rethink tactics and kill them a better way than just running straight at each other. It makes the game less about who shoots first wins. Again, a full mag to kill is an exaggeration. Even with a few of the SMGs I can kill 2-3 players with a mag.

Anyway, as I said, you were spouting opinion of the game and because YOU don't like it you claimed that the game was terrible and catered to bad players. As if your opinion is the end all be all decider of gamedom. Not liking the game is fine. Claiming that those who do like it are some how inferior is just ludicrous. It's definitely a different game than COD4. There is more to keep track of in any given game and that can be confusing or at least a turn off to some, but I think it's completely manageable. If you don't like it, just don't play it. If you we're so unhappy with all the games since COD4, I don't understand why you bought it in the first place. It's not like they didn't have plenty of news coverage detailing what was going to be in the game before it ever came out.
Old 11-16-2012, 04:16 PM #243
I'm Batman
Total Noob w/ Good Gear

I'm Batman owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
I'm Batman has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
I'm Batman has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
I always use my Turtle Beaches. Makes any game better, and most of the pubs I party up with tend to use headsets instead of regular mics, so a high estimate isn't a bad guess.

Just wanted a change so I changed names. Still the same ol' me, though.
NEW FEEDBACK
New Old Feedback
Old Old Feedback

Total Feedback: 19+/0-
I never finish anthi...
I'm Batman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 07:36 PM #244
mnp8nt
There is only Zuul

mnp8nt is playing at Living Legends III
mnp8nt owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
mnp8nt supports Team VICIOUS
mnp8nt is an NCPA player
mnp8nt is Legendary
mnp8nt is attending Decay of Nations VII
Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm Batman View Post
I always use my Turtle Beaches. Makes any game better, and most of the pubs I party up with tend to use headsets instead of regular mics, so a high estimate isn't a bad guess.
Mics help if you are playing with a team. Turtle beaches killed my ears, so I bought a pair of Astro A40s. They are soo comfortable.
Old 11-16-2012, 07:43 PM #245
I'm Batman
Total Noob w/ Good Gear

I'm Batman owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
I'm Batman has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
I'm Batman has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Never have problems with my turtles hurting my ears.

Just wanted a change so I changed names. Still the same ol' me, though.
NEW FEEDBACK
New Old Feedback
Old Old Feedback

Total Feedback: 19+/0-
I never finish anthi...
I'm Batman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 09:57 PM #246
Dennis585

Anyone else like the millimeter scanner sight? :

Dennis585 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 10:08 PM #247
MutR.
Shut up.

MutR. helped look for balloons
MutR. posts videos on PbNation
MutR. is reppin' sidebar 4 life
you can stop posting your very bad videos here. thanks.

MutR. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 10:46 PM #248
memorex
I'm Suppish

memorex helped look for balloons
memorex is playing at Living Legends V
memorex owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
memorex supports Team VICIOUS
memorex is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Dennis585 is every cod player i want to strangle with my bear hands. them sitting in a ****ing corner just waiting for people to run by
Old 11-16-2012, 11:31 PM #249
Terd Fergusen
HOTDOG AND SWEETHOG

Terd Fergusen has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Terd Fergusen has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis585 View Post

do your parents know their retarded child is using the internet on their computer? are they okay with this?

Terd Fergusen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 03:16 AM #250
Cmizzle
Full Time Tape Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis585 View Post

you camp more than bear grylls
Old 11-17-2012, 08:55 AM #251
CyberDork
UNRETIRED

People are too critical. If you hate the game that much then sell it instead of whining like a little *****. And yes Dennis's videos are terrible....
CyberDork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 09:19 AM #252
offlimitspballa
Love Christ. Love people.

offlimitspballa is for the Gunfight
offlimitspballa is reppin' sidebar 4 life
offlimitspballa has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
offlimitspballa supports DLX Technology
If this were any other game, I'd say dennis was an impressively effective troll. But it's just typical CoD.

Small Talk Money Tracking
BMDT:Tell us what you don't like about yourself
WTB Thread | Indy, Rapper, Gear F/S
Alien Army
"We'll Rule the World"
offlimitspballa is offline   Reply With Quote