PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 09-04-2012, 07:57 PM #1
Colreb

Anti-Tank Maintenance and Safety

Hello All,
I'm new to the anti-tank world and I'm sure there are people out there like me who may come across some troubleshooting issues with their "new toys" and thought I'd make a post that would address these certain issues.

My LAWs run off a 68ci 4500psi ACI Bulldog II tank and a 32 Degrees remote hose that feed directly into a Shocktech LPR that is rated for 100-225psi that you can buy from ANS Gear for $25. I went and shot them today and noticed a few problems.

1.Regulator squeaks really loud. I added some oil, but they still keep squeaking. Are the regulators made for this kind of high filling pressure from 0-140psi? (Ummmm I'm right here tank come shoot me!!!) Not cool!

2. How long do regulators last with the amount of pressure we are filling very rapidly? Anyone, suggest a certain reg they like best?

3. When air is forced out quickly from my tank to the regulator, there is a large amount of condensation over the hose and end of the tank regulator that screws into your marker. I know that when pressure expands, contracts, etc. things heat up or get cooler really quickly. Is this normal and does it effect the stability of the tank, hose, and regulator?
Old 09-04-2012, 08:15 PM #2
Haz-Mat
Team BlackList

I've not had any issue with CP, Ion, or Palmer regulators. Haven't heard of anyone have a loud squeaking sound from the regulator. Usually it's from the Valve. How big is your Air Chamber? Do you have a photo of your setup it would help.
Old 09-04-2012, 08:38 PM #3
Colreb

Here's my specs:

Everything from air chamber up to the valve is the same except for 2 valves. My tank gun uses an Orbit sprinkler valve while my LAW uses a modified quick exhaust valve same as "shorty" design.