Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

View Poll Results: Which is best, taking price into consideration?
Redline OLED 28 60.87%
Virtue OLED 11 23.91%
Seventh Element OLED 7 15.22%
Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-16-2012, 01:40 PM #22
elsupermang

I've owned both the 7th element and Redline and hands down the Redline is better. No fidgeting with the battery door, no quality control issues, the grip is ergonomic, better controls with the joystick. The Redline just feels so much better in terms of ergonomics and useability. Makes the gun feel like it costs $1,500. The budget 7th element, not a bad board but you will be taking a chance on the quality control, plus the installation is more involved and the battery door is inconvenient when changing out batteries. Also redline is much brighter and easier to see.
elsupermang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-16-2012, 04:03 PM #23
Clark Gryphyn

A minor thing, but the redline also has a rubber gasket at the top of the grip to seal the joint at the top of the grip to the frame. Helpful to keep water out of the expensive electronics.

If you need the features, the redline is awesome, in my opinion. If you're just a rec baller, I would say spend your money on something else.
Clark Gryphyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 04:11 PM #24
SNAKESNIPER (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewis314 View Post
I'm not saying the redline isn't a great board but I can buy 3 board 7th element boards for one redline. It's all preference in paintball. Also add a little on the 7th element actually comes with an aluminum door and glass screen. There is no plastic.
WOW, and I can buy 3 Honda Civics for the price of a Mitsubishi EVO. The EVO will still smoke them all in every single aspect.

Stop getting hung up on money and consider quality.
SNAKESNIPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 09:39 PM #25
VFT_GUNNER
THUGLIFE PAINTBALL

VFT_GUNNER owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
VFT_GUNNER owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
VFT_GUNNER is attending Decay of Nations VII
VFT_GUNNER supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by SNAKESNIPER View Post
WOW, and I can buy 3 Honda Civics for the price of a Mitsubishi EVO. The EVO will still smoke them all in every single aspect.

Yah im starting to think i should have shelled out the money for the better board.
"HK isn't just a team. It's not just a club. It's a life style. It's all about doin' whatever you can just to ball on Sunday with all the guys. It's about havin' a good time, and being orginal. It's about being part of the family.
It's about being a Hostile Kid."
(\_/)
(o.o)
(> <)
copy bunny into your profile help him achieve world domination
VFT_GUNNER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 05:28 AM #26
PsychOfMSE
BGSL Paintball

PsychOfMSE has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
PsychOfMSE has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
PsychOfMSE is attending Decay of Nations VI
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctremblay View Post
Taking price into consideration, which of these upgrades is best, also taking into consideration the battery life of these. Please only comment if you have used more than one of these or all of them (preferably).
Quote:
Originally Posted by SNAKESNIPER View Post

Considering this poll is the best board for the price I would have to say the redline should be coming in last. The other 2 boards does everything the redline does and costs WAY less.

If this was a "money is no object" poll then the redline would be by far and away the best.
PsychOfMSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 07:00 AM #27
Larkido

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychOfMSE View Post
Considering this poll is the best board for the price I would have to say the redline should be coming in last. The other 2 boards does everything the redline does and costs WAY less.

If this was a "money is no object" poll then the redline would be by far and away the best.
So true. I don't see the point in paying $220 for a board for a $450 gun lol.
Larkido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 09:22 AM #28
lewis314

Annual Supporting Member
lewis314 plays in the PSP
lewis314 is playing at Living Legends VII
lewis314 supports Team VICIOUS
lewis314 plays in the APPA D5 division
lewis314 owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
Quote:
Originally Posted by SNAKESNIPER

Im not hung up on price. I have a clone gt so cost isn't an issue. I was just referring to the original question best for the cost. The 7th element does all the redline does and is 1/3 the cost. They hired a customer service rep to work on their issues and have reworked the board to fix the bugs. I like the redline just don't see it being worth 200.
Old 08-17-2012, 11:28 AM #29
KNOM
MD Shockwave

KNOM plays in the APPA D5 division
KNOM has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
KNOM is attending Decay of Nations VI
People say "what's the point on spending half the amount you spent on the gun on a OLED board upgrade?"

What Empire did for all the budget ballers in the community was simply make a gun without all the fancy crap you would get in a $1000+ gun and make it perfectly usable in the most competitive situation for less than half the price. Only down side is that you get an over-bored barrel that is 12 inches, stock board with confusing LED indications for setting changes, and a kicky metal bolt. Upgrade all that and what do you get? A marker that shoots MONEY that could cost almost as much as a Bob Long G6r. And THOSE guns shoot MONEY.

So just Imagine Empire only releasing the Axe pro at $950 with everything. Redline board, Nano Feedneck, Delrin bolt, Super freak barrel kit with all the inserts. People wouldn't be calling the Axe a mid ranged gun and other companies would think twice before making an OLED board to compete against the stock OLED board made specifically for the gun made by the same company who makes the gun.

So in other words, to follow the theme of analogies. It's like buying a Honda Civic (The Axe) for real cheap, and dropping a fresh GSR B18C5 motor into your car (The Redline board) to replace the stock motor. People will look at it as a regular Civic/Axe until they see how Fast/Deadly it actually is when it matters.

That's just my 2cents.

PAP CITY!
| EMPIRE AXE | VIRTUE SPIRE | EMPIRE REDLINE |
| WARPEDSPORTZ LUCKY 15 BARREL | BOSS BOLT V2 | NINJA 68/4500 |
KNOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 11:35 AM #30
SNAKESNIPER (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KNOM View Post
People say "what's the point on spending half the amount you spent on the gun on a OLED board upgrade?"

What Empire did for all the budget ballers in the community was simply make a gun without all the fancy crap you would get in a $1000+ gun and make it perfectly usable in the most competitive situation for less than half the price. Only down side is that you get an over-bored barrel that is 12 inches, stock board with confusing LED indications for setting changes, and a kicky metal bolt. Upgrade all that and what do you get? A marker that shoots MONEY that could cost almost as much as a Bob Long G6r. And THOSE guns shoot MONEY.

So just Imagine Empire only releasing the Axe pro at $950 with everything. Redline board, Nano Feedneck, Delrin bolt, Super freak barrel kit with all the inserts. People wouldn't be calling the Axe a mid ranged gun and other companies would think twice before making an OLED board to compete against the stock OLED board made specifically for the gun made by the same company who makes the gun.

So in other words, to follow the theme of analogies. It's like buying a Honda Civic (The Axe) for real cheap, and dropping a fresh GSR B18C5 motor into your car (The Redline board) to replace the stock motor. People will look at it as a regular Civic/Axe until they see how Fast/Deadly it actually is when it matters.

That's just my 2cents.
Old 08-17-2012, 11:44 AM #31
Starks

Quote:
The way I see it is: It's like buying a Honda Civic (The Axe) for real cheap and throwing in a "push-to-start" ignition (The Redline board). People will look at it as a regular Civic/Axe until they see you start the car without your keys/hear your board chime a little tune before you play.

Who knows, someday I might shell out the cash for a Redline board. However, coming from shooting an autococker, I'm not very inconvenienced by decoding blinking LEDs and I'm never really in a rush to the point where I can't just look it up on my stock board's cheat sheet.
Starks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 02:17 PM #32
Exia

Exia owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Exia supports Pev's Paintball
Exia plays in the APPA D5 division
Quote:

That's just my 2cents.
Exia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 06:54 PM #33
youngage
hugo.

youngage supports Team VICIOUS
lol. so which board is the best of the 3? the redlanes?
Old 08-19-2012, 08:50 PM #34
SNAKESNIPER (Banned)

*sighhhhhhhh*

Read the thread maybe? Do a search?
Old 08-20-2012, 08:22 AM #35
jaman05

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngage View Post
lol. so which board is the best of the 3? the redlanes?
Yeah do what Sniper said, read what's here and do your research. Really it all comes down to money and personal preference. I think of it like this, I don't know about you guys but I always think about resale value. If I had to sell it for any reason, what parts that I'm upgrading are going to help get most of my money back. It's like when I bought my Gibson SG guitar a few years back. I got it new for $1100, used it for gigs and it got a few nicks here and there but still worked. Had to sell t a few months back and sold it for $900. Got most of my money back. Anyway just read reviews and ask some people from your field. Redline is what I'm getting.
jaman05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 09:34 PM #36
LOSERONE
hateyou for lyfe 816 army

Quote:
Originally Posted by ammoeller View Post
I purchased a seventh element board in May of this year. Only yesterday did i actually get a board installed in my axe that actually worked. NO JOKE. Between receiving one board with a cracked screen, one that was shipped back to me and didn't last through the install, I have gone through 3 boards to get one that worked. Redline is worth the extra money, hands down. buy it, slide it on, done.
Yeah I got a bought a bnib broken 7th element board for a victory and after a month I still don't have a working board.. sometimes you gotta fork out the extra money for a good product that you know is going to work out of the box!!
Old 09-02-2012, 09:22 AM #37
dijonr2

dijonr2 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Quote:
Originally Posted by lewis314 View Post
I've had the 7th element board for the last 6 months and haven't had a single issue. It's also really easy to program.
For the price then the 7th element is a winner in regards to this thread, not as easy to install as the redline but once installed its pretty money.
dijonr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 03:56 PM #38
SNAKESNIPER (Banned)

O RLY 7TH ELEMENT?
Old 09-03-2012, 06:19 PM #39
[NA]WARLORD

[NA]WARLORD is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
[NA]WARLORD has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
[NA]WARLORD supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychOfMSE View Post
When a redline costs more than I paid for my marker I can't justify a 15% easier to operate interface.
Well, if you ever encounter a problem with your Axe, an aftermarket board will possibly void your warranty, a Redline wont since it is an Empire product

Got this from the Axe Manual :

WHAT THIS WARRANTY DOES NOT COVER

This warranty does not cover problems resulting from abuse, the unauthorized modification or alteration of our product, problems resulting from the addition of aftermarket products and scratches or minor superficial imperfections. Due to the nature of paintball products it is important that the product be maintained by the user as indicated in the product manual to remain in good operating condition. Your Limited Lifetime Warranty will be void if you fail to maintain the product as recommended in the product instruction
manual. In addition, certain parts of a product may be subject to wear through regular usage. Replacement and repair of such parts is the responsibility of the user throughout the life of the product. These parts are not covered under the Limited Warranty. Examples of this type of part include (but are not limited to) goggle lens, straps, O-ring seals,cup seals, springs, ball détentes, batteries, hoses, drive belts, gears and any part of a product subject to continuous impact from paintballs. Hydrotesting of air cylinders is notcovered under this warranty.

Last edited by [NA]WARLORD : 09-03-2012 at 06:39 PM.
[NA]WARLORD is offline   Reply With Quote