Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-20-2012, 09:24 PM #1
Loganinderrieden23
Porsche>everything
 
Loganinderrieden23's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: 937
Loganinderrieden23 is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
Loganinderrieden23 is Legendary
Axe asa keeping coming loose

How do i fix this?
__________________
PCA
Loganinderrieden23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-20-2012, 10:19 PM #2
tlong20
 
 
tlong20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
tlong20 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Hey I've had my axe for... a week now haha and its coming loose too... its not bad but its something that needs to be fixed. The only way to fix it is to take apart your ASA almost completely there are two screws going into the grip that need to be tightened as much as possible and loctite used on them as well.

I would not recommend doing this though because it voids your warranty and requires a custom tool, a dental pick (or something similar), and some strange wrench that you probably do not own I cannot remember the name. From my experiences with KEE they have superior customer service and as long as your gun is not a custom anno by ANS or yourself they will most likely fix the problem for free. Call them after 10am EST here: 18007246822

I emailed them and asked if they would mind fixing mine and loctiting it good once college is back in session but until then it'll be fine. I'm sure they'll respond by the morning and I'll post here what they say.

Last edited by tlong20 : 07-20-2012 at 10:20 PM. Reason: spelling error.
tlong20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 12:16 AM #3
SNAKESNIPER (Banned)
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Toronto
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlong20 View Post
Hey I've had my axe for... a week now haha and its coming loose too... its not bad but its something that needs to be fixed. The only way to fix it is to take apart your ASA almost completely there are two screws going into the grip that need to be tightened as much as possible and loctite used on them as well.
What? No.

You don't need to take apart the ASA at all. You need to follow the instructions already given in this thread.

Quote:
I would not recommend doing this though because it voids your warranty and requires a custom tool, a dental pick (or something similar), and some strange wrench that you probably do not own I cannot remember the name.
As stated, you don't need to take apart the ASA. Also, the whole "voids the warranty" only applies to parts of the ASA that are lost or broken.

Last edited by SNAKESNIPER : 07-21-2012 at 01:00 AM.
SNAKESNIPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 08:08 AM #4
tlong20
 
 
tlong20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
tlong20 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Meh, I watched a video of Mike taking part ASA and recalled him talking about this guess I just didn't remember which step in the whole process it was haha
tlong20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 10:25 AM #5
SNAKESNIPER (Banned)
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Toronto
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlong20 View Post
Meh, I watched a video of Mike taking part ASA and recalled him talking about this guess I just didn't remember which step in the whole process it was haha
Well there's your problem, you're believing the **** you read on tech PB. It's essentially the misinformed opinions of hundreds of thousands of 13-16 year old kids.

"first after mike!" "Get an eXTCy"

Last edited by SNAKESNIPER : 07-21-2012 at 10:52 PM.
SNAKESNIPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 11:34 PM #6
Lamron
Metrowest Bulldogs #5
 
Lamron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Massachusetts
Lamron has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Lamron is attending Decay of Nations VI
Quote:
Originally Posted by SNAKESNIPER View Post
You don't need to take apart the ASA at all. You need to follow the instructions already given in this thread.


I just looked through that thread and it has what I was going to suggest. Halfway down the thread there is a pic, see the the screws numbered 25? there are 4 of them(two are a pain though) tighten all four. If you use loctite make sure it's blue.

On a side note, it's good to check ALL the screws(detents, fore and rear grips) I usually check them when I clean my gun so I don't have a problem.
__________________
Even a bad day paintballing is better than a good day at work.
Lamron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 07:27 PM #7
sdzell18
Code it and Load it
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: CA, NJ
Annual Supporting Member
sdzell18 works for a Paintball manufacturer
sdzell18 plays in the APPA Pro division
sdzell18 is All In
the proper way to do it, which is done for the pros by empire techs:

1) Remove grip panels
2) Losen up side asa screws and remove asa/regulator and rail
3) Adjust ASA rail screws until the tip are half way through the holes in the rail (Use blue loctite on these screws only)
4) Back off female air transfer tube so that asa touches bottom of the frame.
5) Tighten the side asa screws.
6) Tighten down female air transfer tube as much as possible on top of asa/regulator.

This keeps it tight all year long
__________________
Jamie Ezell - Electronics Engineer @ Empire Paintball
Empire Paintball
JT Paintball
My Feedback +43, -0

Last edited by sdzell18 : 07-23-2012 at 05:16 PM.
sdzell18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 10:28 PM #8
Nexxux
Axestasy
 
Nexxux's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: ***502***
Annual Supporting Member
Nexxux supports Empire
^^^

the man is right, this is how i do my axes. and neither of my axes' asa's have come loose.
__________________
"Mess with the best, Die like the rest"
Nexxux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 02:05 PM #9
Swanie08
BennyBeNastyy
 
Swanie08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: NOVA
Annual Supporting Member
Swanie08 supports Cereal Killerz 2
Swanie08 supports Team VICIOUS
Swanie08 supports Empire
Use your 3rd ASA screw (the spare one in the parts kit that you hopefully got with your new/used gun) so you have 2 on one half of the ASA and 1 on the other half..

It should look like:

-[l]-
[i]-

The end.

Blue loctite on the screws if you're feeling frisky too.
Swanie08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 06:30 PM #10
Loganinderrieden23
Porsche>everything
 
Loganinderrieden23's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: 937
Loganinderrieden23 is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
Loganinderrieden23 is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanie08 View Post
Use your 3rd ASA screw (the spare one in the parts kit that you hopefully got with your new/used gun) so you have 2 on one half of the ASA and 1 on the other half..

It should look like:

-[l]-
[i]-

The end.

Blue loctite on the screws if you're feeling frisky too.
didnt notice i could put another set screw in the other side! Thanks a million now it actually stays

me and Victoria are going to have a great rest of 2012
__________________
PCA
Loganinderrieden23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 01:12 AM #11
Swanie08
BennyBeNastyy
 
Swanie08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: NOVA
Annual Supporting Member
Swanie08 supports Cereal Killerz 2
Swanie08 supports Team VICIOUS
Swanie08 supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loganinderrieden23 View Post
didnt notice i could put another set screw in the other side! Thanks a million now it actually stays

me and Victoria are going to have a great rest of 2012
Glad I could help
Swanie08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 08:23 AM #12
Yellowsno
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
If my gun only came with 2 screws (2 for the sides and 2 for the top) where can I get extra screws???
Yellowsno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 03:35 PM #13
Loganinderrieden23
Porsche>everything
 
Loganinderrieden23's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: 937
Loganinderrieden23 is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
Loganinderrieden23 is Legendary
there one in the parts kit or im sure kee can get you one
Loganinderrieden23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 04:36 PM #14
SNAKESNIPER (Banned)
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Toronto
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellowsno View Post
If my gun only came with 2 screws (2 for the sides and 2 for the top) where can I get extra screws???
Call Kee, or order them from Boss Paintball for less than a buck apiece.
SNAKESNIPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 06:51 PM #15
Yellowsno
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
yea i checked my parts kit... i dont see any and i got 3 minis so i wanna get extras for all of them cuz one of them in a gun is stripped beyond usage...

btw i dont see it on bosses site... where i can order individual pieces...
Yellowsno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 07:55 PM #16
Unknown PB
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
put some blue loctite on the screws. problem solved
Unknown PB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 09:18 PM #17
SNAKESNIPER (Banned)
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Toronto
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellowsno View Post
yea i checked my parts kit... i dont see any and i got 3 minis so i wanna get extras for all of them cuz one of them in a gun is stripped beyond usage...

btw i dont see it on bosses site... where i can order individual pieces...
Sorry, a bit late...

Part #25
SNAKESNIPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump