ON THE SIDE OF ANGELS!!!!

DB-1071 is playing at Living Legends V
DB-1071 is playing at Living Legends VI
DB-1071 is playing at Living Legends VII
DB-1071 is one of the top 100 posters on PbNation
DB-1071 is a top reviewer
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilMayCare View Post
Paintball is boring to watch and expensive to play.
This and the way it's is presented to the public is all wrong. The way it was marketed was to kids AND adults, now it just marketed to kids so the general public now thinks it's just a kid activity and adults look down on it and don't want play but they have much more money to support the sport.

PBNation definition from Urban Dictionary:
A web site where, on any given evening, one may find approximately 500 paintball enthusiasts discussing the sport, and 1500 teenagers calling each other gay.

GO ON, I DARE YOU!! GO ON I DARE YOU, AGAIN!!!
" Physician heal thyself!! " The War Doctor
DB-1071 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 03:29 PM #23
Vinniewins

Paintball might get bigger in the near future but it will need to get cheaper simply for the reason why most people do not get into paintball is because it is way to expensive at the moment for a High School team or a College team to pick it up. The moment highschool teams and college teams start "Making Teams" and funding them then it will start to get bigger. Now the reason why I think Paintball will never be in the Olympics is because the fact that other country's are shooting at other country's the World is not ready for that. The Olympics is just another form of war in a way just not with guns. Like lets say Iraq vs's Isreal in paintball, now if Isreal loses what the hell do you think there going to do? It would be total ****ing chaos for the world.
Vinniewins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 03:40 PM #24
kamdog211

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinniewins View Post
Paintball might get bigger in the near future but it will need to get cheaper simply for the reason why most people do not get into paintball is because it is way to expensive at the moment for a High School team or a College team to pick it up. The moment highschool teams and college teams start "Making Teams" and funding them then it will start to get bigger. Now the reason why I think Paintball will never be in the Olympics is because the fact that other country's are shooting at other country's the World is not ready for that. The Olympics is just another form of war in a way just not with guns. Like lets say Iraq vs's Isreal in paintball, now if Isreal loses what the hell do you think there going to do? It would be total ****ing chaos for the world.
Never thought about it in that way. But I could see how paintball would look to much like warfair and the Olympics is all about peacefull competition.
Old 08-26-2012, 03:45 PM #25
Vinniewins

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamdog211 View Post
But I could see how paintball would look to much like warfair and the Olympics is all about peacefull competition.
The Olympics may look peaceful but it isn't some country's that send there athletes to the Olympics say if you do not get a gold for us at the Olympics your not going to be alive for much longer. Those are the 3rd Party Country's and there bad country's but you see my point in a way where it can be another form of Warfare just not with guns but physically showing off who has the better country.
Vinniewins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 03:49 PM #26
SNAKESNIPER (Banned)

Quote:
some country's that send there athletes to the Olympics say if you do not get a gold for us at the Olympics your not going to be alive for much longer. Those are the 3rd Party Country's and there bad country's
Please show me one shred of proof to back this up (you can't).

And fix your spelling and grammar. Reading that wall of **** made my head hurt. Were you trying to say "3rd WORLD countries"? SMH....
SNAKESNIPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 03:52 PM #27
PBloler
I'm a...

PBloler owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
PBloler is attending Decay of Nations VI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinniewins
Quote:

The Olympics may look peaceful but it isn't some country's that send there athletes to the Olympics say if you do not get a gold for us at the Olympics your not going to be alive for much longer. Those are the 3rd Party Country's and there bad country's but you see my point in a way where it can be another form of Warfare just not with guns but physically showing off who has the better country.
I think your posts gave me brain cancer.
PBloler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 04:35 PM #28
Soul06
The Last Thing You'll See

has been a member for 10 years
Soul06 owns a Planet Eclipse CSL
Soul06 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Soul06 supports Empire
Quote:
You need to pay a lot more attention in school. This is perhaps the worst logic posted yet.

Paintball is too expensive for high school teams to play [and enter speedball tourny]??? That's your reasoning? Contrary to your incorrect believe paintball wasn't created for HS kids nor was speedball it's origin. Woodsball is and always has been the main money generator for the sport. You think paintball is hurting because teenagers can't afford it??? That is laughable.

And the Olympics is not a form of war. Where the hell would you even get that foolishness? No country is going to war because some athlete lost an event. You CLEARLY don't even understand the driving forces behind global and social conflict. Pay attention in school kid. Learn something.

EVERY OLYMPIC SPORT MUST HAVE ONE INTERNATIONAL FEDERATION THAT GOVERNS THE SPORT. Paint DOES NOT have that and as such CANNOT be considered for admittance by the IOC.

Custom Ano'd Prestige CSL w/ Dart Kit - Midnight Superblue LV1
Obnoxious, NY - High Velocity, NY - Liberty, NY - Cousins, NY - Top Gun, NJ
On Target, NJ - Accurate, NJ - Skirmish, PA - CPX Sports, IL - Paintball Explosion, IL - P&L, MA - Pev's, VA

Soul06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 04:36 PM #29
d4rkmonkey

Quote:

TOTAL CHAOS EVERYONE! TOTAL ****ING CHAOS. The israelis might just pull out pistols and blowing off heads! who knows!? **** WILL GET REAL!

I mean, the olympics are all about peaceful sports. Its not like theres fencing, or wrestling, or taekwondo or anything in the olympics. Because imagine if iraq was going against israel in wrestling! shanks might come out or something guys. Total. ****ing. Chaos.
Old 08-26-2012, 06:53 PM #30
WCE

The problem with paintball, like many of you mentioned, is that there is no ONE federation ruling it. There are also issues within the sport itself with players arguing about who is better (rec, speedball, pump and mislsim). I mean until we can all stand side by side and respect each other maybe our sport stands a chance.

Almost feel like i'm pluging something here but, at World Conflict Events, we have a concept going on that we hope players and field owners will join in. The objective is to unify the sport of paintball around the world by creating an interacting world that will be taking a life of its own depending on events results hosted worldwide.

Visit our site and tell me what you think.

http://worldconflict.yolasite.com/
WCE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 09:01 PM #31
Super69ur
Silly Hats Only

Quote:
Originally Posted by cptnemo66 View Post
Kinda like how Fox sports put the tail on the puck for hockey slapshots so you could follow the action better.
No... Just no....

The hockey puck thing was the WORST thing to ever happen, to ANY sport, EVER.

Look at your comment. Back to mine. Back to yours NOW BACK TO MINE. Sadly, it isn't mine. But if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate crap it could LOOK like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through the comments, finding the ones that your comment could look like. Back at mine, what is it? It's a highly effective counter-troll. Look again, MY COMMENT IS NOW DIAMONDS.
Super69ur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 11:39 PM #32
Bacalao

Bacalao owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Bacalao is for the Gunfight
Bacalao has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Bacalao has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
why does everyone say that paintballers have to change their image?
have you guys played basketball or football at your local park?
i dont care what neighborhood you live in, its usually like this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xHzM2...e_gdata_player
Bacalao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 01:33 PM #33
Zippin35

Zippin35 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Zippin35 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Zippin35 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Zippin35 is attending Decay of Nations VI
1) Whats a 3rd party country? haha. There are many many reasons that paintball is not as big as other sports. The governing body being a huge factor. The second being people in paintball. I dont mean the established veterans of the sport, I mean the kids (not age but maturity wise) who started playing last year and got decked out with all the high end super-agg-sauce-bacon-grease-HHHH-duper-cool gear and just don't have the right maturity level to be shooting projectiles at other people. Televising it is damn near impossible and has been gone over a million times. Paintball is not a great spectator sport and arguably never will be. I remember those old epsn broadcasts, it was chaos for a few minutes then someone hung the flag and you knew who won. Another being all the people who come into the sport and in 3 weeks time demand it be on tv and in the olympics and the President himself should play with his family on christmas day and all the other stupid demands people make. If you have played paintball for less than the cycle of 1 Olympic games, please please please please please, stop publicizing the need for it to be in the Olympics.

Let the sport evolve, be an ambassador. Next time you go to bicker with someone you think wiped or cheated, imagine the IOC watching you, or people at your field and imagine what they would think. Do what you can for the game, don't demand it grow to fill your needs of watching it on tv or playing it in the Olympics. Welcome new players, teach new people, act maturely, stop being so trendy and do/wear what you enjoy. Play with people you enjoy, make friends, and just be a good person. Its hard at times but that is paintball ladies and gentlemen, nothing more, nothing less. It is not about being on tv or in the Olympics it is about enjoying the sport and enjoying the game as much and as long as you can.
New England Crusade #35
Bored? On Facebook? Come join my group Paintball Gear for Sale!
Zippin35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 01:53 PM #34
Soul06

Soul06 supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippin35
...and the President himself should play with his family on christmas day....
Please tell me that you didn't actually read someone say this. Smh

On Target, NJ - Accurate, NJ - Skirmish, PA - CPX Sports, IL - Paintball Explosion, IL - P&L, MA - Pev's, VA

Old 08-27-2012, 02:11 PM #35
Zippin35

Zippin35 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Zippin35 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Zippin35 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Zippin35 is attending Decay of Nations VI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul06 View Post
Please tell me that you didn't actually read someone say this. Smh
Haha I did not but it just goes along with some of the other claims that people have made, little bit of joshing mixed in with some exaggeration.
New England Crusade #35
Bored? On Facebook? Come join my group Paintball Gear for Sale!
Zippin35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 04:47 PM #36
SNAKESNIPER (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippin35 View Post
The second being people in paintball. I dont mean the established veterans of the sport, I mean the kids (not age but maturity wise) who started playing last year and got decked out with all the high end super-agg-sauce-bacon-grease-HHHH-duper-cool gear and just don't have the right maturity level to be shooting projectiles at other people.
Not all of these people are kids, which is even sadder.

Quote:
Another being all the people who come into the sport and in 3 weeks time demand it be on tv and in the olympics and the President himself should play with his family on christmas day and all the other stupid demands people make. If you have played paintball for less than the cycle of 1 Olympic games, please please please please please, stop publicizing the need for it to be in the Olympics.
Agreed, also the people who constantly say that "paintball is dying", yet they've only been playing for 6 months. lol.
SNAKESNIPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 09:40 PM #37
cptnemo66

Annual Supporting Member
cptnemo66 is BST Trusted
cptnemo66 is playing at Living Legends VII
cptnemo66 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
cptnemo66 has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
cptnemo66 is attending Decay of Nations VI
cptnemo66 supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super69ur View Post
No... Just no....

The hockey puck thing was the WORST thing to ever happen, to ANY sport, EVER.
Yea but for paintball on TV it would help the new watcher follow what was going on.
cptnemo66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 10:35 AM #38
Soul06

Soul06 supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by cptnemo66

Yea but for paintball on TV it would help the new watcher follow what was going on.
Exactly what could you put on a paintball to allow it to be tracked.
Even if they could that would never work. Think of how much paint is shot a single game. If we were talking 7-man then you are looking at at least 10000 paintballs that would have to be tracked

Old 08-28-2012, 12:04 PM #39
WP2015
ACL tears are no bueno

Annual Supporting Member
WP2015 plays in the PSP
WP2015 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
WP2015 posts videos on PbNation
WP2015 is an NCPA player
WP2015 supports Pev's Paintball
WP2015 supports Empire
WP2015 is All In
The stat tracker is a step in the right direction. Improving the camera angles- less "right in the player's face" and more wide angle full field overviews would help viewers follow the game. One other possibility is expanding the time between points to allow for more commentary/summary of what just happened instead of interviews with people who played earlier in the day

LN Vanquish 1.5 For Sale!
LN D'Fender FS/T
PM me about new D'Fenders too!
WP2015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 03:51 PM #40
cptnemo66

Annual Supporting Member
cptnemo66 is BST Trusted
cptnemo66 is playing at Living Legends VII
cptnemo66 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
cptnemo66 has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
cptnemo66 is attending Decay of Nations VI
cptnemo66 supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul06 View Post
Exactly what could you put on a paintball to allow it to be tracked.
Even if they could that would never work. Think of how much paint is shot a single game. If we were talking 7-man then you are looking at at least 10000 paintballs that would have to be tracked
Its a rough idea. Im not saying track every paintball. Maybe highlight some how the directions the players are shooting. Maybe even a special shell/fill that would show up on camera better. It would allow the non-watcher a better way to learn the tactics of how the game is played. See the shooting lanes, understand the back/cover guys better. Why did that front guy get brave and run across the field or run up and bunker that other guy? Well they will see the cover guys keeping the opposing teams heads down. Allowing their team to move. Or a leapfrog of 2 teammates working together to move up the field. Once they can get into the plays as they unfold and see which team is making the right or wrong calls. Then they got more to get into. Right now you see guys running, crawling, hiding. They hold there guns up. You know they are firing but you cant really see it. You miss that connection between opponents which is the paintball. I love paintball but it is boring as hell for me to watch even in person.
cptnemo66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 12:14 AM #41
Zedman05

My opinion, as it is being a newb, is that;
1- It is not the cheapest sport to pick up and play out of the gate. If you want an entry/mid level marker (automatically have to get an electronic hopper), a HPA cylinder, podpack, tubes, and decent mask to start you are looking at around $450-650 if you buy new. I know you can get it all on here for cheaper, but if you are just starting out you have no idea what you want, and don't realise you CAN get it here for a decent price.
This automatically runs out a lot of the younger guys who don't have the liquid cash to spend, and also the family guys who love it but need that money just to get by in their daily lives.
The fact that the "market" crashed, leaving many people with less funds than they ever had didn't help with this cash infusion as well.

2- It's not heavily advertised. I know that if it were marketed more, there would be a lot more guys at least trying it out, which would cause more to stay. If there any advertising on a national stage, it would immediately gain recognition amongst a few media-types.

3- This is partially part of #2, but I know that most people, like stated in previous reply's, think of it as a stupid game where you just run around and shoot your buddies and get big welts. These people just sluff it off as a childish game, and will never understand the intensity and physical grind it is to play a proper game of paintball.

4- Time investment. I know as a newer player that it takes a lot of time out of a day to play. You may just only go out for practice, or just to play a few rounds on a walk-on field, but the travel to and from, and play will innevitably take up a few hours at least. Most of us will spend more than that, but if you don't have that time flexibility, you might as well not even get into it.

Just my 2 cents as a new-guy.
Zedman05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 12:21 AM #42
westsideballer1324
AZ Paintball

westsideballer1324 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
I think one league would be horrible if one league has control over every player, prices will go way up because their will be no competition.
westsideballer1324 is offline   Reply With Quote