PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 08-13-2012, 10:44 PM #1
Greatest ION

Greatest ION plays in the PSP
Greatest ION is an NCPA player
Rutley v3 Parts Review / comparison Video

Here is my decent attempt at a video review, I apologize for the quietness of my voice in the shooting sections but if i attempted to equalize sound in editing it would distort the original quality of the sound signature for the marker firing comparing so i just left it. I know it is not totally thorough but it's the best i could do under the circumstances. Hope it is to you liking...

PS: you can change quality to 720p HD...you're welcome

My personal opinion after shooting his parts a couple times now is quite simple...if at all possible, get his parts in your gun. Thanks and Gig'em....

But i am sure you want me to elaborate so i will... The kick is minimal with these parts and on top of that i can't help but smile when i shoot these after shooting stock parts...it is so much quieter, more of a soft thud than the loud pop it sounds like stock...The bolt is also alot easier to move forward while not aired up but still returns just as fast, but less harsh evidencing less kick...if you have stock parts try to push your bolt forward and it takes a bit of effort to get it to the front of breech and then snaps back when you release quite fast...with rutley's parts it slides forward smooth and goes back smoother too which is a good way to understand how it is easier on air to push forward and less kick when returning the spring, yet somehow just as fast...the video shows how just the shocker spring with stock parts will reduce kick as well but slows the gun down...I could be wrong as i have only tested it once now, but by my first impression and very rough calculations this marker is way more efficient with his parts too. My personal favorite is stock dwell and lower psi, not quite as efficient but still better than stock and it feels and sounds sooooo smooth. And the scary thing is...my legend is not even broken in yet, it has less than 3-4 cases through it total which means these parts will only impress me more and more once it is broken in. I hope to get a gauge that works and go to a nicer field in dallas next weekend to expand this review...that is if you all feel it is needed or request it, it does take quite a bit of time to film edit and upload....Hope this helps

And here is a Thanks to Rutley for the parts. Idk if you will make more of these or if others will be as easily swayed, but i don't care cause they work great for me and i already got them so don't really care what you or they do now

Last edited by Greatest ION : 08-13-2012 at 10:52 PM.
Greatest ION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-14-2012, 08:49 PM #2
Bauzer

well that a fancy freak barrel you got there, good video did you think it was worth it?
Bauzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 12:45 AM #3
rutley12

Thank you for keeping your end of our deal, parts for a review. The volumizer does increase efficiency even more but i understand that it is bulky and looks bad, but i just made my first version of a front block that replaces not only the front block but the volumizer too. Much shorter that front block and volumizer combined. Going to make a couple of changes to it. When i get final version i will send you one for free, not just for doing the review but also because I can tell you enjoy your legend as much as i enjoy mine.
rutley12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 01:09 AM #4
Greatest ION

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bauzer View Post
well that a fancy freak barrel you got there, good video did you think it was worth it?
did i think what was worth it? Rutley's parts? or getting a legend? or the video? cause the answer is yes to all 3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rutley12 View Post
I can tell you enjoy your legend as much as i enjoy mine.
Thanks, it's my baby. I own a fully up'd g6r, but sometimes i pull the legend out of the gearbag first.
Old 08-15-2012, 11:24 AM #5
mookhaasa
The Hoff

I just picked up a second legend and have a stock V2 legend and a Rutley Legend.

Kick and sound signature easily halved.

Something interesting I noticed on accident, the blowback on the ball stack seems to agitate them enough to drop pretty consistently in a gravity feed. I don't think I have shot with a gravity feed faster with anything before.

I can't comment on efficiency yet, I am getting all my tanks Hydro'd today and will have them back in 2days. So any thing I noticed was on 1000psi or less.

bolt is still easy to get in and out, I don't mind the screw pin. I like the look of it.

I haven't put on the volumizer yet but I think I will test with and without, just to see how much the volumizer helps.

Hopefully I can get it done Sunday.
E-Spyder Imagine
Custom Timmy
2K2 vert feed Cocker
[MY FEEDBACK]
mookhaasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 01:33 PM #6
Greatest ION

Quote:
Originally Posted by mookhaasa View Post
I just picked up a second legend and have a stock V2 legend and a Rutley Legend.

Kick and sound signature easily halved.

Something interesting I noticed on accident, the blowback on the ball stack seems to agitate them enough to drop pretty consistently in a gravity feed.
Feels good with the internals right? And that is internesting with the gravity feed I'll have to try it cause my university team practices with reballs, maybe i can get an old eggy or revy to practice with them cause the force feeds jam sometimes.
Old 08-17-2012, 09:10 AM #7
mookhaasa
The Hoff

for reball I just cut the bottom off an egg2 and the top half of a halo and plastiwelded them together and then covered it in alternating layers of aluminum tape and duct tape. It still comes apart in halves.

Hold more balls than either of them and feeds fast and last forever on battery.
E-Spyder Imagine
Custom Timmy
2K2 vert feed Cocker
[MY FEEDBACK]
Old 08-30-2012, 06:36 PM #8
pbbuddy12
I'm more of a 3 wire guy

pbbuddy12 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
pbbuddy12 supports Pev's Paintball
pbbuddy12 is Legendary
I also received the parts. Got them then left for vacation next day, due to weather won't be able to go try them until next weekend but will do my best for a full review and a more then likely crappy iPhone vid along with it.
Old 09-04-2012, 08:14 PM #9
mookhaasa
The Hoff

I still planning on reveiwing these parts, I got both guns good to go.

I just got hired on at the brewery so you might imagine I am busy alot.

So when ever I have time at an open field.

I have shot these parts again, and it is hella smooth compared to the heavier stock internals.

Speed wise seems about the same. My legend has never really been that slow tho. I am just hoping I can up efficiency over stock by another bag at least.
E-Spyder Imagine
Custom Timmy
2K2 vert feed Cocker
[MY FEEDBACK]
Old 09-20-2012, 06:07 PM #10
rutley12

If anyone is interested, Upgraded parts for the Legend send me an email at
Richardutley10@yahoo.com and we can discuss things. at this point, I have front block, rammer, bolt and spring. Front block also lowerspopit valve spring pressure.
rutley12 is offline   Reply With Quote