PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 08-14-2012, 03:25 AM #1
hamburger.walrus
eatin burgers, bein walri

is power truly corrupt?

I have heard alot of "absolute power corrupts absolutely" and honestly, I feel this is rubbish.

I believe that a benevolent dictator could lead the masses with soft gloves instead of an iron fist.

for example:

in my pod, I am the ruling alpha bull walri.

I have 18 sow walri, 22 pups, and 7 adolescent male walri in my pod.

I am the unquestioning ruler of my pod, those who bend to my whim will be rewarded, and when a cocky adolescent male walri decides to question my authority I will subdue him using the shear bulk of my frame and my mamoth 3 meter tusks.

after submitting, the beta male will skulk back into my shadow, and I will treat him well. he will eat his share of arctic char and get fat off my bounty.

I dont understand why human government cant be run on the benevolent dictator model.

thoughts?
opinions?

I am hamburger walrus.
Advertisement
Old 08-14-2012, 03:26 AM #2
licence_to_kill
Bizarro World

licence_to_kill is reppin' sidebar 4 life
licence_to_kill has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
licence_to_kill has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
licence_to_kill has perfected Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
licence_to_kill supports DLX Technology
oh look, its apple face

"Most Ron Paul supporters are domestic terrorists and racist liberal nazis." - John Elway
licence_to_kill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 03:31 AM #3
hamburger.walrus

what is an apple?

is it some form of arctic fish?

or possibly a human form of governance?

if it is then I bet it is delicious......or possibly corrupt.

are there any human examples of a benevolent dictator style government?

I have always felt that the walri were, by nature, more kind then humans, and over all greater leaders.

perhaps this is why it works so well with my pod, but hasnt worked well with shaved apes.

I am hamburger walrus.
Old 08-14-2012, 03:54 AM #4
$h@key J0nEZ
Southern By The

Go away george

The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they are ignorant. It's just that they know so much that isn't so. - Ronald Reagan

"A nation which can prefer disgrace to danger is prepared for a master, and deserves one." - Alexander Hamilton
$h@key J0nEZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 03:57 AM #5
licence_to_kill
Bizarro World

licence_to_kill is reppin' sidebar 4 life
licence_to_kill has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
licence_to_kill has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
licence_to_kill has perfected Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
licence_to_kill supports DLX Technology
don't mind shakey, he has dementia due to all the meth he used to smoke.

quite tragic really

"Most Ron Paul supporters are domestic terrorists and racist liberal nazis." - John Elway
licence_to_kill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 05:06 AM #6
hamburger.walrus

who is george?

is he a walrus you know?

I understand the mistake, all you shaved apes look the same to me, I dont blame you for mistaking me for another walrus.

I am hamburger walrus
Old 08-14-2012, 07:35 AM #7
drgonzo
Half-cocked

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamburger.walrus View Post
is he a walrus you know?
No, now he's just a walrus that we used to know.
drgonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 11:32 AM #8
Swerve22

Maybe we should give Obama the supreme power he desires and see.

www.gunfacts.info
Swerve22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 02:38 PM #9
spracks21
Zap Rowsdower

spracks21 plays in the PSP
spracks21 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
spracks21 supports Team VICIOUS
spracks21 supports Team VICIOUS
Quote:
Originally Posted by drgonzo View Post
No, now he's just a walrus that we used to know.
Lol'd.
spracks21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 02:49 PM #10
Iamamartianchurch

Quote:
what is an apple?

is it some form of arctic fish?

or possibly a human form of governance?

if it is then I bet it is delicious......or possibly corrupt.

are there any human examples of a benevolent dictator style government?

I have always felt that the walri were, by nature, more kind then humans, and over all greater leaders.

perhaps this is why it works so well with my pod, but hasnt worked well with shaved apes.

I am hamburger walrus.
Monarchs have a better history of benevolence than dictators. The problem with dictatorships is that the man assuming power is typically drawn from the stock of moronic rebels who massacre their leadership. Us martians don't have class warfare because we have a caste system that doesn't value wealth as anything more than a tool. We've had a bad run with a few monarchs but they are easily held accountable and discharged. Our monarchs are charged with maintaining the realm. Petty matters of civil dispute and law are handled by our array of churches. The leadership of our churches is also a caste by charged with upholding our culture and metaphysical reality by virtue of their higher levels of intelligence. Our citizens do a fine job of regulating each others behavior with little need for arduous laws and enforcement.

The Martians are not without our own problems. We are seen as harsh and Barbaric by the shaved ape. We do not mind this because our society is a living being in its own right. We recognize that the lungs and the brain are different from each other. Each having a different role to play. Us Martians don't con lungs and livers into envy of brains. We remove cavities and infections from our social body because the whole satisfies the sum of its parts.

You walri make for good coats in the harsh Martian winter.

Last edited by Iamamartianchurch : 08-14-2012 at 03:03 PM.
Iamamartianchurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 10:09 PM #11
drgonzo
Half-cocked

Quote:
Originally Posted by spracks21 View Post
Lol'd.
Thank you, at least someone is thinking ...
drgonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 02:19 AM #12
hamburger.walrus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamamartianchurch View Post
Monarchs have a better history of benevolence than dictators. The problem with dictatorships is that the man assuming power is typically drawn from the stock of moronic rebels who massacre their leadership. Us martians don't have class warfare because we have a caste system that doesn't value wealth as anything more than a tool. We've had a bad run with a few monarchs but they are easily held accountable and discharged. Our monarchs are charged with maintaining the realm. Petty matters of civil dispute and law are handled by our array of churches. The leadership of our churches is also a caste by charged with upholding our culture and metaphysical reality by virtue of their higher levels of intelligence. Our citizens do a fine job of regulating each others behavior with little need for arduous laws and enforcement.

The Martians are not without our own problems. We are seen as harsh and Barbaric by the shaved ape. We do not mind this because our society is a living being in its own right. We recognize that the lungs and the brain are different from each other. Each having a different role to play. Us Martians don't con lungs and livers into envy of brains. We remove cavities and infections from our social body because the whole satisfies the sum of its parts.

You walri make for good coats in the harsh Martian winter.
I was with you until the end.
let me assure you we do NOT make good coats.

the combination of our lack of opposable thumbs, our massive 4 foot flippers, and quite honestly, the lack of a NEED for coats in the walri community have lead to my species being the single WORST coat making species on the planet (second worst, right after butt hole sea otters)

for future reference, if your kind find quality in the garbage coats that the walri community churn out, you should seriously consider looking into coats made by men...... their feeble blubber reserves and opposable thumbery have made them the worlds leading coat making species.

also, us walri find royalty, or monarchs, will always do a sub standard job.
for example.... I have a pod of 11 sows and upwards of 27 calves. now, if we were a monarchy, then when I finally meet my end, my eldest calf would take over as alpha bull walri. but he is.... to say the least..... a weak and relatively blubberless walri. an embarassment really. I still love him, but because we run on a dictatorial system, leadership will be naturally passed down to my most mighty calf after I become old and frail and he bests me an a tusky battle on a barren icedrift..... my carcase likely consumed by roaming orca.

the strongest, most domminant walri will prevail.

a monarchy more often then not will eventually provide a leader who is NOT the most fit for the job of leading a large pod of hamburger loving walri.

you martians really need to improve your systems of governance and coat importing.

I am hamburger walrus.
Old 08-16-2012, 02:26 AM #13
Maxpow999

You make FOR good coats. Not you make good coats.

derp.
"Throughout the 20th century, the Republican Party benefited from a non-interventionist foreign policy. Think of how Eisenhower came in to stop the Korean War. Think of how Nixon was elected to stop the mess in Vietnam." - Ron Paul
Maxpow999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 10:30 AM #14
Iamamartianchurch

Quote:
I was with you until the end.
let me assure you we do NOT make good coats.

the combination of our lack of opposable thumbs, our massive 4 foot flippers, and quite honestly, the lack of a NEED for coats in the walri community have lead to my species being the single WORST coat making species on the planet (second worst, right after butt hole sea otters)

for future reference, if your kind find quality in the garbage coats that the walri community churn out, you should seriously consider looking into coats made by men...... their feeble blubber reserves and opposable thumbery have made them the worlds leading coat making species.

also, us walri find royalty, or monarchs, will always do a sub standard job.
for example.... I have a pod of 11 sows and upwards of 27 calves. now, if we were a monarchy, then when I finally meet my end, my eldest calf would take over as alpha bull walri. but he is.... to say the least..... a weak and relatively blubberless walri. an embarassment really. I still love him, but because we run on a dictatorial system, leadership will be naturally passed down to my most mighty calf after I become old and frail and he bests me an a tusky battle on a barren icedrift..... my carcase likely consumed by roaming orca.

the strongest, most domminant walri will prevail.

a monarchy more often then not will eventually provide a leader who is NOT the most fit for the job of leading a large pod of hamburger loving walri.

you martians really need to improve your systems of governance and coat importing.

I am hamburger walrus.
Us Martians value intelligence and strength of character in our leadership over raw and brute force. Such is the preferred traits of our warrior nobility. We have found that the two aforementioned qualities show the most recurrence through heredity (Nature AND Nurture). Our history has shown more success than duds.

I said you make FOR good coats (thank you Max).
Iamamartianchurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 12:14 PM #15
Tuff
Supports 2nd Amendment

Tuff is a founding member
Quote:
who is george?

is he a walrus you know?

I understand the mistake, all you shaved apes look the same to me, I dont blame you for mistaking me for another walrus.

I am hamburger walrus
You should stick around. Shakey Jonez is a big fan of yours. Crazylittle says hi
Old 08-16-2012, 12:45 PM #16
hamburger.walrus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamamartianchurch View Post

I said you make FOR good coats (thank you Max).

Oh I know what you said, and trust me, I havent made ONE good coat..... nevermind FOR good coats...... the major problem we have is with the stitching.

I am hamburger walrus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuff View Post
You should stick around. Shakey Jonez is a big fan of yours. Crazylittle says hi

I do not know who those walri are.
if they are not a part of my pod then I would likely rip them apart if I ever met them.

I am hamburger walrus.